Royal Ascot 2: 2008-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really felt bad for her seeing those pictures. We have all left the house at one time or another looking better than we thought. :flowers:

Absolutely....she just needs to learn to camaflouge certain things!

LaRae

Any Oz posters who might like to do some Royalty spotting - Channel 7Mate is broadcasting days 3, 4 and 5 of this year's Royal Ascot from tomorrow night. (Thursday 18th Australian time.)

Starting from after 11.00pm until 3.00am - so set the recorder and whizz through the boring bits.

Any Oz posters who might like to do some Royalty spotting - Channel 7Mate is broadcasting days 3, 4 and 5 of this year's Royal Ascot from tomorrow night. (Thursday 18th Australian time.)

Starting from after 11.00pm until 3.00am - so set the recorder and whizz through the boring bits.

Thank you for that information ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Today's procession, from @Ascot:

ROYAL PROCESSION - CARRIAGE ONE:
The Queen
The Duke of Edinburgh
The Duke of Devonshire
Lord Vestey

CARRIAGE TWO:
Prince Michael of Kent
Princess Michael of Kent
Lord Grimthorpe
Princess Alexandra

CARRIAGE THREE:
Mr Peter Phillips
Mrs Peter Phillips
The Duke of Roxburghe
The Duchess of Roxburghe

CARRIAGE FOUR:
Lt Col Charles Richards
Lady Brabourne
Mr Charlie Longsdon
Mrs Charlie Longsdon

I do wonder why Edward and Sophie never ride in the carriages anymore. The last time either of them rode in a carriage was 2006, yet all of the other Queen's children (and even grandchildren) ride in the carriages. I know Bagshot Park is VERY close to Ascot, but I just find it odd that they never ride anymore.

Looking forward to see Autumn and Peter in the carriages today. Autumn always looks so lovely.

I do wonder why Edward and Sophie never ride in the carriages anymore. The last time either of them rode in a carriage was 2006, yet all of the other Queen's children (and even grandchildren) ride in the carriages. I know Bagshot Park is VERY close to Ascot, but I just find it odd that they never ride anymore.

Looking forward to see Autumn and Peter in the carriages today. Autumn always looks so lovely.

Edward and Sophie probably have decided to make room in the carriages for The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh's invited guest at Royal Ascot. During Ascot week, guest are invited to Windsor Castle for a lunch, they are driven to the carriages and the procession begins. The passengers in the carriages are arranged by The Queen and royal household, so perhaps the Wessex's decided to allow the invited guest take part in the procession and they just drive over.

Edward and Sophie probably have decided to make room in the carriages for The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh's invited guest at Royal Ascot. During Ascot week, guest are invited to Windsor Castle for a lunch, they are driven to the carriages and the procession begins. The passengers in the carriages are arranged by The Queen and royal household, so perhaps the Wessex's decided to allow the invited guest take part in the procession and they just drive over.

That is possibly why but I always wonder why they don't ride considering Sophie's Dad often takes part in the procession (normally on 19th June as it's his birthday and the Wessex anniversary) so he obviously goes to Windsor Castle beforehand. I can't imagine his son-in-law and daughter are not there with him.

Obviously it's something we will never know, but I am just always curious.

Sophie's hat is much better today. The dress is ok...

The Queen looks smashing!

LaRae

Oh and I like Autumn's dress....very pretty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why was Princess Alexandra sitting with her back to the horses in the carriage? I thought the gentlemanly thing to do was to let the ladies sit facing forward?

Yes it is. First thing I noticed when I looked at the pictures.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Do we know where it's from..it's origins?

LaRae

No I mean the one from today...the sapphire brooch.

LaRae

Thank you for that information ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

You're welcome royal rob.

I saw Australian trainer Gai Waterhouse on the news last night - she has several horses running at this year's Ascot.

(And has trained some of the Queen's horses before.)

If you look at it closely, the diamonds are not placed as perfectly as they would be today. However, I think that makes it more appealing. The age of the complete piece is amazing. I know Princess Anne has a copy of this brooch. I don't know if the copy has these imperfections.

It's stunning...the quality is just lovely.

LaRae

Mrs Philips's ensemble is summery. Princess Michael's look is spoilt by flimsy overwhelming feathers and enormous jewellery.

Princess Michael of Kent day 2 of Royal Ascot | Getty Images

First...It's Princess Michael, she always wears big or go home over the top hats to grab attention at Ascot. This year though I can see her trying to distract from her eyepatch. Hope it's gone soon, as that means a Complete Recovery and healed from what was done to her eye, which I'm blanking on at the moment.

Second, I love that necklace she's got on today. I wonder what the cabochons are? They look like either a really pretty light jade or perhaps even agate. I thought it worked really well w/the colours of her outfit and the size of her hat and was a good balance of everything.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

If you look at it closely, the diamonds are not placed as perfectly as they would be today. However, I think that makes it more appealing. The age of the complete piece is amazing. I know Princess Anne has a copy of this brooch. I don't know if the copy has these imperfections.
I certainly don't see any imperfections and the diamonds are very well set. I think the only thing you could say is:

• The Albert Brooch is old, meaning it is not a modern brilliant cut
  • The central sapphire is huge
  • Each of the surrounding diamonds is huge
I think if the diamonds were smaller and they would snuggle closely together surrounding the sapphire. I think Anne's may be a more modern cut.

Note: The DM has photos of Harry at Ascot on day 2, however I do not think he was there as his shirt and tie are identical to day 1.

Today's procession:

ROYAL PROCESSION - CARRIAGE ONE:
The Queen
The Duke of Edinburgh
The Duke of York
Mr Edward Young

CARRIAGE TWO:
The Princess Royal
Princess Eugenie
Princess Beatrice
Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence

CARRIAGE THREE:
Mr John Warren
Lady Carolyn Warren
Mr Jake Warren
Mrs Jake Warren

CARRIAGE FOUR:
Mr Roger Charlton
Mrs Roger Charlton
Mr William Fox-Pitt
Mrs William Fox-Pitt

Edit: I'm watching live and they're actually slightly mixed up from this. Edward Young is in the second carriage, and Princess Beatrice is in the first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom