Royal Ascot 2: 2008-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Queen most likely simply just asks who wants to attend then sends them invites if that makes sense.
Also, as for why the York girls and Andrew attend so man days, they probably live the closest to Ascot out of all the grandchildren, except possibly Louise and James. That may play a factor.
Nice to see Samantha Cohen riding in one of the carriages, a farewell send off from the Queen maybe?

It was nice to see Lady Sarah Chatto and her family. Mrs Peter Philips looked lovely.

Presumably because the Queen didn't invite them.

She invites the people who will a) be in the carriages and b) be in the royal box.

It is also impolite to refuse such an invitation so the simple answer is that for whatever reason HM didn't invite William and Kate to Ascot this year.
What???? Why do you always come to these cynical conclusions?
In other threads (last year), you accused the BRF for corruption, and William and Harry for trying to destroy their father, and now this.

--------------------

Some fact about the Queen and William's relationship:

1. William is known for being very close to the Queen.
2. He's is the one in the family who praises her the most, along with Sarah Ferguson.
3. He has thanked the Queen for being an ''amazing grandmother'' to him and said that they can ''talk about everything''.

If we take this facts into consideration, then we must assume that they have talked together, and that William himself chose to not attend.
And after everything I've read/heard about HM, I think we can safely say that if William had wanted to attend one or several days, then he would have done so. - And if the Queen had insisted on having him there (which is not her way of doing things BTW), then he would have been there.

--------------------

I think the Queen most likely simply just asks who wants to attend then sends them invites if that makes sense.
Exactly.

--------------------

I hope you guys also realize that the DM and other tabs always print the very worst pix they can find of Sarah. If there are 100 or more rapidly taken photos of any person, chances are several will be quite unattractive. Sarah has a warm and enthusiastic personality, and many/most people respond well to it. It’s a nice counterbalance to others in the family.
Well, the Queen is known for her kindness and warm personality both in private and public (although a bit more reserved these days do to her age, especially after she stopped with her walkabouts in 2012).
Charles, Camilla William, Kate, Harry, Meghan and Sophie are also known for their warmth.

But I agree with you, ''Sarah has a warm and enthusiastic personality,'' and I like the way she talks about HM. - But let's not forget that, unfortunately, she has some pretty ''not so good sides'' to her personality as well - and she didn't actually help to strengthen the monarchy during the 1990's, did she.

--------------------

25 min video of the carriage procession:

If that is the case then I think it’s more likely there may be some coordination going on beforehand so that invitations do not need to be refused. I find it hard to believe the Queen would not invite ANY of her closest family for all 4 days if they were available and wanted to go. It’s difficult to believe that she would only invite Anne and Edward for the first three days or Charles only for the first two and William not at all. I don’t think she’s that unkind.

Of course.

The woman smiled and said hello. Prince Andrew and the Phillips’s did the same.

I hope you guys do understand that one of the reasons why The Queen and other members of the royal family like Sarah is due to her bubbly personality. The Queen had Sarah and Princess Beatrice cracking up in that royal box.

Except that most members of the BRF can't stand her - the Queen likes her yes but the rest, for the most part (Harry is the exception it seems) prefer to never have anything to do with her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Except that most members of the BRF can't stand her - the Queen likes her yes but the rest, for the most part (Harry is the exception it seems) prefer to never have anything to do with her.

To be honest, we really don’t know how other members of the royal family actually feel about Sarah. The media reports will tell you the family can’t stand the fact that she’s still breathing, but that’s just tabloid fodder. No member of the royal family have spoken out about Sarah. She’s divorced from Andrew, so she naturally keep her distance.

To be honest it’s folks online that dislike her more.

It’s very nice that Sarah is able to enjoy Royal Ascot with her former mother-in-law and her family.

Let’s stay on-topic. If you wish to discuss the relationships between members of the BRF, take it to the BRF relationship thread.

Loved the photos from Ascot this year. It was really nice to see the warm interactions between HM and Meghan, they seem to enjoy a close relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom