Royal Ascot 2: 2008-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In this case, no news is good news. ITA w/you about Zara. It's rather telling that for someone of her calibre in a sport that concentrates on the use of one's core a great deal that Zara's isn't looking how it should. Especially for someone who keeps saying she's seriously intent on competing in an Olympics that's only little under a year away.

Hope she proves us both wrong

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Zara's career is going just fine and not all top riders look like swimsuit models. She's strong and that's a lot more important.

She's a top athlete who knows her own body. The weight speculation isn't positive in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

And again...it's not about her weight or how she looks in appearance, I think I've said that at least 3 times myself. It's about her muscle tone.

LaRae

Again, as an Olympic athlete who has been competing on the world stage for a long time, she knows her body and fitness level far, far better than anyone casually commenting on her body based off of press photos.

I'm sure she does...I just know what it takes to ride daily and compete otherwise I wouldn't comment at all. Her core muscle tone is a surprise considering what she does, that's what's being commented on.

LaRae

Zara's career is going just fine and not all top riders look like swimsuit models. She's strong and that's a lot more important.

She's a top athlete who knows her own body. The weight speculation isn't positive in my opinion.

And again...it's not about her weight or how she looks in appearance, I think I've said that at least 3 times myself. It's about her muscle tone.

LaRae

Exactly!! I think I've also said the same. This is not about weight. It's about how for someone who says she's training seriously for a shot at the Olympics next year, and considering how the British Team Selection Process takes in performance and how an Athlete is doing in their preparation for competition during the year before said Games, and yet looks like she's not in any kind of shape at all right now, is a bit shocking. At this stage of things, seeing how Zara looked last week should be worrying if you are into/follow Equestrian Sports. As I have said more than once, I really hope I am wrong, but there is a reason for concern.

Again, as an Olympic athlete who has been competing on the world stage for a long time, she knows her body and fitness level far, far better than anyone casually commenting on her body based off of press photos.

I'm sure she does...I just know what it takes to ride daily and compete otherwise I wouldn't comment at all. Her core muscle tone is a surprise considering what she does, that's what's being commented on.

LaRae

As I believe I have as well. Not once have I or Pranter ever mentioned anything about Zara and weight AFAIK. As far as knowing her own body goes, Zara doesn't have the same body she had during her previous years as an Equestrienne. She's had a baby and that does change things both body and metabolism wise. She may *think* she has the time to get ready due to past experiences w/a layoff due to an injury, but that very well could end up biting her big time because of all the changes her body has gone through over the last year and a bit.

One more thing...I saw thanks to the unread feature on the App, someone I have on Ignore said something along the lines of how what I'm saying shouldn't be taken seriously because it's coming from a "Casual Fan".

Of anything that anyone could say to me as a form of insult, that is one of the ones I take great offence to. How dare you!! You don't know me and you sure as Hell do not know what I do and have done to support Canada's Athletes, but especially in the Sports I am the most passionate about. Equestrian being one of those. I have lived around Horses my entire life and watching my Cousin go up the ranks in Show Jumping to the Moment she realized she would never be good enough, regardless of how hard she worked and she *did* work, to even compete at the Junior level while heartbreaking, taught me so much about the Sport up close.

I have helped groom her horse and also have shovelled my fair share of Horse Manure from not only his Stall in the Barn at their Farm, but other stalls at their Farm as well. When staying there for Weekend Visits between our Families, that was part of the Visit. You helped out, regardless of what the task was.

I have travelled hundreds of miles to watch events in the Sports I follow passionately. I have also frozen my tail off in freezing arenas to watch the little ones play hockey or skate and been one of a very few watching kids take part in their first Show Jumping event. I have also spent thousands of dollars on both Merchandise and various Fund Raising activities because I knew the money would be going to help the Athletes due to knowing the Organization was up front and honest.

I am no "Casual Sports Fan" and never will be. I also stand by my concerns about Zara. You don't like that, that is not my problem. I hope I would never stoop to the level you have in "attempting" to brush my concerns about Zara off though. That says far more about you, than me.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I read this article and gave it the "consideration" it deserved. However, a friend who was fortunate enough to be present in the Royal Enclosure and also had a pass for the parade ring, was also a spectator to what really occured at The Golden Gates.

She had a copy of the Carriage List and yes, the DM was right, Beatrice and Eugenie were in the second carriage with Princess Anne and her husband. However, when they arrived at The Golden Gates where they actually board the carriages all that happened was it was found that the original carriage list showed 1st carriage had 3 men [D of E, D of Y and Mr Edward Young] and Carriage 2 had 3 females and 1 male, (Princess Anne, her husband and Beatrice and Eugenie).

As a general rule - although sometimes broken for a good reason, eg widowhood or divorce - carriages have 2 males and 2 females, as it seems the Queen likes balance and YouTube clips appear to bear that out. So, as with the Trooping of the Colour Balcony, Prince Andrew and his organisational skills to the rescue. Balance restored and everyone happy, even the DM, who now had more "fool fodder" for the main spin.

I laughed when I read there were No Windsors there on Saturday as HM and the Duke of E were in the first carriage (HM's not a Windsor?) and Lady Helen Taylor [nee Windsor] and her husband were in the second carriage. But the Queen apparently spent much of the time in the Royal Box, but did attend in the Parade Ring to present the Cup for the Fourth Race, The Diamond Jubilee Stakes.

It was nice to see Sarah there at Ascot, however the speculation about her presence and it's possible meaning, is pretty wide of the mark as she was not even in the Royal Box, but another private box (no surprise there), but it steams me the DM constantly rag on Sarah, DoY and now Beatrice seems to be at the top of their personal snipe list. But it's really awful when we believe it.

She is not mugging for the camera, she is watching a horse race. Her face shows the expressions one makes when watching a sporting event.

The websites/newspapers print the pictures they want from thousands of photographs.

It looks like they all had fun. It's nice to see that family all together and at a prominent event.

Uploaded on May 26, 2016

Since her accession to the throne in 1952, Her Majesty The Queen has been part of the fabric of Ascot Racecourse, the Royal Racecourse.

In the year of Her Majesty's 90th birthday we celebrate The Queen’s love of horse racing with a look back at Her past winners at Royal Ascot, featuring personal recollections from her daughter, Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chlFUAQZesU

No Royal Ascot for William and Catherine tomorrow as they're special guests at the Irish Garden party.

It is not a big loss. Hopefully, we shall see the Kents, the Linleys, and Sophie, The Countess of Wessex.

Last edited:
Possibly the Cambridges will go on Thursday [Ladies Day] ?

William and Kate have never attended Ascot so I would be pleasantly surprised if they did attend any day this year. Harry has been present for the past couple of years so perhaps William now feels he should go too. I don't think he's particularly interested in horse racing like his father and uncles etc.

The carriage procession is starting up-
Mediahhh.com

Queen, Philip, Andrew and Harry in the first carriage.

Charles, Camilla, Beatrice and Charles Fellowes in the second carriage.

Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, Anne and Lord Vestey in the third carriage.

Vicount and Viscountess Petersham (Serena Linley's brother and sister-in-law) and The Duke and Duchess of Argyll in the fourth carriage.

William and Kate have never attended Ascot so I would be pleasantly surprised if they did attend any day this year. Harry has been present for the past couple of years so perhaps William now feels he should go too. I don't think he's particularly interested in horse racing like his father and uncles etc.

The D and Dss of Cambridge have engagements in N Ireland today!

:previous: True, but Ascot is not an one day event. It runs Tuesday-Saturday. I doubt they would be back or ready for tomorrow Duke of Cambridge stakes, but ladies day is Thursday. It is a popular day for royals to attend. But would be surprised if we see the Cambridges even if back.

William has an engagement on Thursday. Two less royals at Ascot isn't a big deal. There is plenty of them there. It's mainly a chance for people to dress up, drink and bet on horses. It isn't a charity fundraiser like the Royal variety show or when the do Royal movie premieres.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

There's a lot of talk about them attending this week. Also a Royal reporter has mentioned that there will be a few Royal surprises this week. So I guess it's all a wait and see.

The Cambridge's should go to Royal Ascot when they can. It really don't make much sense for them to not attend on a yearly bases.

:previous: The Daily Fail are known for their obvious errors, spelling mistakes and mix up of royals. Honestly, it makes me wonder if their articles ever get read and checked for mistakes before they are submitted to the site - and also how their journalists/publishers passed their English exams! :D

Back on topic, thank you to those who shared the photos of Royal Ascot today. I wonder if HM's horse, Dartmouth, will win this year as he will be competing. I hope that the Cambridges can attend one time, I'm looking forward into seeing what Catherine will wear. I'm probably incorrect but I don't recall Harry attending before, is this is first time or not?

William has an engagement on Thursday. Two less royals at Ascot isn't a big deal. There is plenty of them there. It's mainly a chance for people to dress up, drink and bet on horses. It isn't a charity fundraiser like the Royal variety show or when the do Royal movie premieres.

Royal Ascot may not be a charity event, but it isn't 'simply an excuse to drink'. It is a 305 year old tradition started during the reign of Queen Anne, which has become a central event for the royal family for generations. Considering William will be king one day, it would be nice if he and his wife made an attempt to attend. I am certain some time in the 5 day event, the couple could find a few hours to attend. Like the royal garden parties, they may seem just reasons to socialize but they are important traditions.

People invited to garden parties at the various royal palaces have done something to get them there. It's a way to honor people involved in their communities. To get into Ascot, you just have to buy a ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom