Royal Ascot 2: 2008-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At my age and with my lack of balance I'd fall on my you-know-what if I ever tried that! Wow!

Sophie has always done really deep curtsey's; the one she did for her wedding day was really deep. I always think her curtsey looks awkward, but it's because she is left handed therefore her curtsey is opposite to a right-handed person.

I am frightened by Prince Philip's look and face these days... he is really changed unfortunately....

I think that is the best Philip has looked for ages - certainly better than he looked before he took sick.

It seems that the relaxing days at the races in the fresh air are doing him a lot of good.

Thank you for the pictures.

I really liked Sophie's outfit today, a real return to form after yesterday (which I thought was a bit frumpy for her). She is such an elegant woman and I loved the picture of her curtseying which is so graceful. She really is one of my favourite members of the Royal Family.

It was also nice to see her father there as well.

I would LOVE to know what Philip was saying to Carole Middleton. It was obviously quite funny. (I think he'd be a very interesting person to have a conversation with in general. And the Queen.)

Oh, and IA, it looks to me like being at the races has done Philip some good. He looks better than he did at Trooping the Color, for sure imo.

Sophie's curtsey was amazing. Wow. So impressed. I wonder how much practice it took to get that down in heels.

Question: Why was this called "Ladies Day"?

Last edited:
I would LOVE to know what Philip was saying to Carole Middleton. It was obviously quite funny. (I think he'd be a very interesting person to have a conversation with in general. And the Queen.)

Oh, and IA, it looks to me like being at the races has done Philip some good. He looks better than he did at Trooping the Color, for sure imo.

Sophie's curtsey was amazing. Wow. So impressed. I wonder how much practice it took to get that down in heels.

Question: Why was this called "Ladies Day"?

Carole Middleton looked so happy today that I could not help but smile for her.

As to Ladies Day: The Royal Ascot web page explains that Friday and the weekend are for workers getting away, at last, from work. The mood those days is more relaxed than the first three days. The challenge of the Thursday Gold Cup, plus the last day that those who need not work have relatively to themselves, combine to make a day when ladies and designers traditionally have combined to show their best. So the fashion challenges parry and thrust on Tuesday and Wednesday, and the real fashion battle ensues on Thursday!

Last edited:
I am frightened by Prince Philip's look and face these days... he is really changed unfortunately....

To me, Philip looked much better than he did over the weekend. He also seemed to be enjoying himself in most of the pictures. Hopefully he'll continue to improve once he gets to Balmoral for the summer break.

Today HM will be joined by Prince & Princess Michael of Kent and Christopher Rhys Jones.

I hope Christopher rides in a carriage.

Molly2101 said:
I hope Christopher rides in a carriage.

Those are the guests who will be riding in the carriages :)

Those are the guests who will be riding in the carriages :)

Ahh, i understand. That makes me happy then that he will be, specifically as Edward and Sophie likely wont be there today as they have other engagements.

The Queen has a horse racing today, Estimate in the Queens Vase. The Duke of Edinburgh will present the trophies to the winner.

Day 4 of Royal Ascot :) I hate the commentator Clare gets she's called Kate Williams and she's awful!

First Carriage: Her Majesty wearing purple by Angela Kelly today and travelling with Christopher Rhys Jones and Alistair Bruce.

Second Carriage: Prince Michael and Princess Michael with Sir and Lady Rake. Princess Michael wearing blue and white.

Third Carriage: Lady Caroline Warren and John Warren, Mr Harry Leggy Bourke and wife Iona.

Fourth Carriage: The Honourable Edward Tolomash and his wife, Mr Johan Rupert and his wife.

I don't know if this happens often at Ascot but everyone in today's carriages have been in them before, surely it should be different people everyday?

Kate Williams just spewing out the most obvious royal comments and interrupting the important information!

Day 4 of Royal Ascot :) I hate the commentator Clare gets she's called Kate Williams and she's awful!

First Carriage: Her Majesty wearing purple by Angela Kelly today and travelling with Christopher Rhys Jones and Alistair Bruce.

Second Carriage: Prince Michael and Princess Michael with Sir and Lady Rake. Princess Michael wearing blue and white.

Third Carriage: Lady Caroline Warren and John Warren, Mr Harry Leggy Bourke and wife Iona.

Fourth Carriage: The Honourable Edward Tolomash and his wife, Mr Johan Rupert and his wife.

I don't know if this happens often at Ascot but everyone in today's carriages have been in them before, surely it should be different people everyday?

Kate Williams just spewing out the most obvious royal comments and interrupting the important information!

I so agree - I've switched her off. Apparently the Queen had a long relationship with her uncle! :lol:

cepe said:
I so agree - I've switched her off. Apparently the Queen had a long relationship with her uncle! :lol:

I muted her! She exclaimed most emphatically that The Queen simply loved corgis and horses! Could you get a more obvious royal statement?

They also used her for the Thames PAgeant - dreadful

Princess Haya's horse Newfangled just won the Albany Stakes.

Woohoo!! A winner for the Queen! Her horse Estimate has won the Queen's Vase. She looks absolutely thrilled.

EDIT

Guess who's on the rota to present the trophy to the winner of the Queen's Vase? None other than the Duke of Edinburgh!

Last edited:
Woohoo!! A winner for the Queen! Her horse Estimate has won the Queen's Vase. She looks absolutely thrilled.

EDIT

Guess who's on the rota to present the trophy to the winner of the Queen's Vase? None other than the Duke of Edinburgh!

Wonderful!!

Pss. Michael does look much better today. Lovely outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom