Royal Ascot 2: 2008-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few thoughts on Ascot Week at the fashions:

1.) all saucer hats should be banned -- from not only Ascot Week but from anywhere. They are just hideous!
2.) Someone -- anyone -- get Beatrice and Eugenie to a stylist and fast. It's pretty embarrassing when your 85-year-old grandmother looks better than you do! Dear Lord, what is wrong with those two girls? I've said this before and I'll say it again -- I think they walk into a shop and say "... do you have anything in ugly? I'll take it!"

Lumutqueen said:
There is a woman sat next to Princess Michael, in red and white and it is possible I heard the reporter say it was Catherine definetely no 100% though.

It was The Queen's racing managers wife - he is in the first carriage can't remember her name though sorry

I agree with Vecchiolarry - the Middletons are a success, in every sense of the word.
They sent her elder daughter to one of the best universities in Britain.
They have built a very successful business.
And they seem genuine, friendly people.....

Are Wessex were at Royal Ascot,today?

I will agree with those who have praised the attire of Her Majesty and Eugenie for the fourth day at Ascot. Lovely indeed (though for a second I thought Eugenie was carrying a rifle and not an umbrella...don't ask).

HMQueenElizabethII said:
Her name is Carolyn Warren, not Catherine.

I never said it was Catherine! I was answering another poster. Use your quotes correctly!!!!

My answer was the Queen's racing managers wife which I couldn't remember her name

The Earl of Wessex had engagements in Lincoln today, no pictures of Sophie.

I loved the Queen's hat. She look as lovely as ever. I would like to look even nearly ike her at her age.

A few thoughts on Ascot Week at the fashions:

1.) all saucer hats should be banned -- from not only Ascot Week but from anywhere. They are just hideous!
2.) Someone -- anyone -- get Beatrice and Eugenie to a stylist and fast. It's pretty embarrassing when your 85-year-old grandmother looks better than you do! Dear Lord, what is wrong with those two girls? I've said this before and I'll say it again -- I think they walk into a shop and say "... do you have anything in ugly? I'll take it!"

I am afraid and rather sorry that I have to agree. They have no taste, even when people praise them it is just because they look a little better than usual and that is not that difficult for them.

In this difficult days Ascot's 4 days with 4 different dresses, hats , shoes etc...
To much

From looking at the picture of Prince Andrew, I find it amusing that none of the Queen's children look alike. There are similarities (they all do Prince Philip's walk, even Lady Louise does it!) but their physical features are all very different. It's amusing.

Is it today the last day?
Yes, today is the last day of Royal Ascot 2011.
Her Majesty is in blue & Green riding with the Duke of Devonshire and Sir Henry Cecil in the first carriage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Eugenie is also there wearing a beautiful red dress. Just saw her presenting the prize for the recent race. I love her dress, a lot. The colour is stunning.

And once again we have a fashion disaster! Does this young lady never do anything with her hair? Really silly hat and dress much, much to tight. Siiiigh, someone pleeeeze buy this girl a full length mirror.

I don't see a fashion disaster other than the dress being too tight. Its a red dress with black accessories. Whats wrong with that?

I guess, IMO, when one wears something two sizes too small that is a fashion disaster, but then that's just me. I do wonder why she doesn't do something more with her hair. It looks like she has very nice hair but just pulls a comb through it (sometimes). And to me, the hat is just silly, it's way too small for her and seems designed for a very petite girl. Again, JMO, I have to wonder with all the advantages why the Princesses do not look like knockouts all the time. Oh well .......

I guess, IMO, when one wears something two sizes too small that is a fashion disaster, but then that's just me. I do wonder why she doesn't do something more with her hair. It looks like she has very nice hair but just pulls a comb through it (sometimes). And to me, the hat is just silly, it's way too small for her and seems designed for a very petite girl. Again, JMO, I have to wonder with all the advantages why the Princesses do not look like knockouts all the time. Oh well .......

Well you are certainly entitled to your opinions but I think fashion diaster is a bit strong. A fashion disaster IMO is 90% of what Princesess Mabel and Laurentien of the Netherlands wear.

This is a mishap (i.e. too tight dress).

Thanks for the photos!
With each passing year the Ascot Derby seems to lose its royal glamour for me. It has an air of cheapness and vulgarity about it nowadays.

Last edited:
Ok Zonk, since I am not a follower of Princesess Mabel and Laurentien I'll go with your flow :lol:. I just think it's a shame that a girl who is really pretty looks so awful so much of the time. :flowers:

ETA .... a "major" mishap. Heee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom