Royal Ascot 2: 2008-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Picture details

Belga confirms it is the Viscountess Grimston...and she looks pregnant in one of the pics!! So her father the Duke will be a grandfather soon, and the Earl of Verulam will soon have another heir..if it is a grandson!

Belga won't allow me to search for the ladies day, and when I open the links it shows me pictures of Princess Victoria's wedding events.

According to Prince Michael's website he and the Princess also attended today and will attend again tomorrow so they will probably be in the carraige procession tomorrow.

Here are the zimbio links of day 3:

** Royal Ascot - Ladies Day ** Royal Ascot - Day Three **

** IBL gallery 1 ** IBL gallery 2 **

And this Daily Mail article also has some pics although the caption
does not have anything to do with the royal family:

** Royal Ascot 2010: Emmerdale star Roxanne Pallett leads the fashion pack on Ladies' Day... with TWO winning looks **

So far Sophie (here pictured with Prince Mohammed and Princess Haya)
wears a quite similar style as to the colours and combinations during these
first 3 days.

** Sophie - June 17 **

Last edited:
I would think it would be rather bad if Charles and Camilla showed up at Ascot when one of the most important weddings of the year is happening this weekend.

Why? That would only be relevant if C&C had announced that they were not going to the wedding because he was unwell, and instead they went to Ascot.

Well we know that he is not attending Ascot due to his illness.
He isn't attending the wedding of Princess Victoria, most likely due to his illness.
So if he turns up at Ascot either today or tommorow, obviously well enough to attend Ascot, why can he not attend the wedding?

He isn't attending the wedding of Princess Victoria, most likely due to his illness.
So if he turns up at Ascot either today or tommorow, obviously well enough to attend Ascot, why can he not attend the wedding?

1) Do we know if he was invited?
2) How many invitations were sent to the BRF?
3) Edward and Sophie are the ones who are representing the Queen as has already been announced so it wouldn't be right to then have Charles and Camilla turn around and expect to go.

I think it is a presumption that C&C are not attending the Swedish wedding because of his illness. Its not often that you see Charles (or other senior members of the BRF) fraternising with other European royals publicly, so I had always thought them appearing at this wedding would have been a bit of a long shot.

3) Edward and Sophie are the ones who are representing the Queen as has already been announced so it wouldn't be right to then have Charles and Camilla turn around and expect to go.

I am assuming that Charles & Camilla would have been invited, and if they had wanted to go, they would have represented HM in place of Sophie & Edward.

Day 4

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh arrive on day four of the
Royal Ascot Meeting at Ascot Racecourse, Berkshire, June 18.

And for those who missed seeing the Kents during the last days,
today they are pictured:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
Well ... Prince and Princess Michael looked nice as usual.

1. Yes we know he was invited.
2. Charles, Camilla, William, Harry, Edward and Sophie recieved invitations.
3. I never said anything like that, I just do not think it would be right for him to attend events at home such as Royal Ascot that happens every year, and not attend Victoria's wedding. He has attended all four other royal heir weddings, only missing Prince Frederiks.

I think it is a presumption that C&C are not attending the Swedish wedding because of his illness. Its not often that you see Charles (or other senior members of the BRF) fraternising with other European royals publicly, so I had always thought them appearing at this wedding would have been a bit of a long shot.

He has attended four other royal heir weddings, I don't see why he would not attend this one. It would be a perfect event for Camilla to attend aswell.
Why else could he not be attending, other than his illness.

Thanks a lot for the photo!:flowers:
Princess Michael looked chic, indeed. The hat is a new addition to her hat collection, isn't it? The Countess' of Hopetoun ensemble appeared to be flattering as well. An animal print scarf added a nice touch a light brown monochrome ensemble.

I think that she wore that hat years ago but perhaps not recently. There's a picture coming to my mind of her wearing a nude-tone dress with it, perhaps during the 90s or even the 80s. I like that hat shape. It flatters many kinds of faces.

Thanks a lot for the photo!:flowers:
Princess Michael looked chic, indeed. The hat is a new addition to her hat collection, isn't it? The Countess of Hopetoun's ensemble appeared to be flattering as well. An animal print scarf added a nice touch a light brown monochrome ensemble.

I believe Princess M.'s hat is new. I could be mistaken, but I don't remember this hat. The feather together with the shape smells of Treacy.

I don't think she went to Royal Ascot.

I'm surprised (and disappointed) that Zara didn't go to Ascot. She always wears something interesting. I was kind of hoping Peter's wife Autumn might go too since we don't get to see her very often.

Any photos of Chelsy Davy? I couldn't open the links at the fashion board.

a%20crown.gif

Royal Ascot

° ° °

Last edited by a moderator:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are not in the Royal Procession (much to everyone's disbelief), nor are the Earl and Countess of Wessex or the Princess Royal.

In carriage one is HM (wearing mint green), Prince Philip, Duke of York and I am not sure who the 4th person was

Carriage two is Princess Beatrice and Eugenie, Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall.

I am unsure who was in carriage 3. In Carriage 4 is the Lord and Lady Vesty and two others.

Princess Haya looks FABULOUS in that purple! What a great color on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom