Royal Ascot 1: All Years to 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sophies hats are horrible I like her better in simple hats.

I was never too fond of Camilla's style although she really improved it through the years. She looks very classy in white :cool:

I actually like Camilla in white. She is one of those people who can wear it in any shade and not look washed out in it. I think it is very flattering to her. And I definately like her hat much better today. And the gloves add a very regal touch to the whole outfit.
Once again, I absolutely "hate" Sophie's hat. This one reminds me of one of those sun dial thingy's that you use to tell the time of the day!:lol:
She is one lady that I think looks much better w/o the hat.
But she does not look happy in any picture that I have seen of her. I wonder if she would rather carry out duties than be at Ascot?

I agree that she looks good in white as in many other colors, but I am sorry to say I am not liking her outfit much. The overcoat part of the outfit is lovely, but the hat just doesn't suit her in my opinion. The color is fine, it's the size of the hat, but I guess big hats are par for the course at these racing events. I am never quite comfortable, however amused, with racing fashions. :rolleyes:
Sophie's hat is just too much. I don't know what to say about that one (meaning the hat). Very... there are just no words for it.

Last edited:
Lovely photos everyone. Thanks for posting. I particularly like her Majesty's hat today, and Camilla looks very nice; I think that big brooch looks great. I don't like either of Sophie's hats so far, but it's nice to see her there, and to each his own. :flowers:

How old were Charles, Anne, Andrew and Edward when they first attended Ascot?

I'm surprised we haven't seen William at this event yet.

Okay, first off. Does everyone remember the gray satellite dish the Countess of Wessex wore to Ascot two years ago? I must say she is an elegant and classy dresser, but her head wear...is most unique. ;-)

Camilla looked beautiful.

Day two and Camilla reigns supreme!!! :flowers: I'm never much bothered if Camilla wears a horrid ensemble because her ability to redeem the fout pas is never far behind.

And what a brooch!!! Would LOVE to see a HQ of that monster.

Camilla is a winner on Day 2. Great outfit. Sopie is showing off terrible hats plus outfits in boring colours. Let's see what fashion surprises Ladies' Day will offer today :)

Queen Elizabeths hat and dress is much beautiful perceft his age!!!! Queen Elizabeth is 81 and looked beautiful hat! Duchess Camilla of Cornwall is much beautiful dress white and big hat!!!

Day 2
Camilla - looks great in her outfit, hat is okay, nothing special & blends in too much with the outfit. Also wearing the same shades for day 1 & day 2 is boring imo.
Sophie - color & outfit boring, yes her hat looks like a landing UFO BUT i must admitt day 1 & day 2 hats are a winner too me, they are different, unique & not something you would really see on someone her age. So thumbs up!!
Queen - Her smile makes the day, dont you think?! always happy. loved her yellow hat, just loved it.

I've just realised that without royalty many things would be missed : Trooping the Colour, Ascot,... . In France, I miss terribly that kind of stuff. Some events like that would do a lot of good to my country lol !

All those hats, it's just fabulous !

hello
really nice pics, i just wonder why sophie has always the same style of hats? :( but she looks pretty like always =)
i have just a stupid little question but i hope you ll answer me nevertheless: on which days do the royals attend ascot? i mean are they there every day?
thank you.

hello
really nice pics, i just wonder why sophie has always the same style of hats? :( but she looks pretty like always =)
i have just a stupid little question but i hope you ll answer me nevertheless: on which days do the royals attend ascot? i mean are they there every day?
thank you.

Its not a stupid question, we learn/know things by asking, & this is the place.
Yes royals attened the whole 5 days. today is the third day, no sign yet of Camilla & Charles:flowers:

Okay, first off. Does everyone remember the gray satellite dish the Countess of Wessex wore to Ascot two years ago?

How could anybody forget?:ohmy: Somehow that style of headwear looks very elegant on Empress Michiko but looks like a rather conscious attempt to be fashionable when anyone else tries it.

Its not a stupid question, we learn/know things by asking, & this is the place.
Yes royals attened the whole 5 days. today is the third day, no sign yet of Camilla & Charles:flowers:

Exactly.

I think Queen & Duke are scheduled for all 5 days but I read somewhere that people were surprised to see Charles yesterday because he never stays the full week. But could have read over it too fast and got it wrong. But from what I understood no one was expecting him / them for today.

Wow! thanks for keeping us updated with pics from every day!
I love all the wacky, sometimes pretty, hats. These ladies go all out for this event. I actually love the pic of the ladies with the matching hats that were horses heads! They were beautiful. And most of these hats are works of art.
Can't say much for the clothes they are wearing.
The Queen and everybody in her party are wearing rain coats and gloves and then there are some ladies that have very little on, as if it a very hot summer day!! Go figure.
People crack me up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Zara's hat and outfit

Zara looks quite elegant. She has chosen and pulled off her HAT and outfit perfectly.

Exactly.

I think Queen & Duke are scheduled for all 5 days but I read somewhere that people were surprised to see Charles yesterday because he never stays the full week. But could have read over it too fast and got it wrong. But from what I understood no one was expecting him / them for today.

I think it was not a surprise to see Chares and Camilla at Ascot on the second day. It is the day of the´ Prince of Wales Stakes´ and every year the Prince presents the cup to the winner.
Last year Camilla joined the Prince only for the first day, it was one of her first official duties after the death of her father, and the Prince visited the race on the second day without her.

They both had engagements elsewhere today--Camilla was up in Leeds I think and Charles had a reception at Clarence House?

All of the pictures from Ascot Day 2 and Day 3 were trully great. :flowers:
The Royal Ladies (and Gentlemen) tried hard to look wonderful! I even liked slightly the Countress of Wessex's second flat hat (at least it was not as bad as the first one). The Queen and The Duchess of Cornwall looked marvelloous.

Some of my favourite (most not posted) pictures from Day 2 and Day 3:

The Queen, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall
Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh (The Queen loves her bright colours, she looks brilliant)
The Queen and The Duchess of Cornwall 1 (mother and daughter-in-law seem to have wonderful relationships) :)
The Queen and The Duchess of Cornwal 2 (nice little chat)

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall 1
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall 2
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall 3 (don't they look lovely together? :wub:)
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall 4
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall 5

The Duchess of Cornwall and the Duchess of Devonshire (both Ladies are very elegant)

The Earl and Countess of Wessex 1 (all those, who missed seeing them together - here they are, happy and cheerful as usual) :)
The Earl and Countess of Wessex 2 (and another happy picture)

Prince Andrew, The Duke of York

Princess Anne and Andrew Parker Bowles (I love bright colours on Princess Anne, she looked splendid)

Zara Phillips
Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall 1
Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall 2 (lovely couple)

Earl and Countess of Airlie (too much red but the Countess is a charming Lady)

Major Andrew Parker Bowles and Mrs Rosmary Parker Bowles

Princess Haya of Jordan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom