Remembrance Day Services 1: 2003-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Prince of Wales has placed a wreath at the Cenotaph in Whitehall as he
attended a War Widows of Great Britain Service of Remembrance today,
November 13, 2010 in London.

** Pic ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

The Royal Family attending the Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance at
the Royal Albert Hall, London, November 13, 2010. So far the Queen, Prince
Philip, Prince Charles, Duchess Camilla and Prince Andrew are included in the
gallery, but it may be updated later on.

The Earl and Countess of Wessex, the Duke of Gloucester and the Duke of Kent
were also expected to attend.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

Last edited:
Someone else will place his wreath at the Cenotaph.

He is needed at Camp Bastion. He was visibly affected by the occasion.

The Royal Family attending the Remembrance Sunday Service held at the
Cenotaph, London, November 14, 2010. Among them Queen Elizabeth,
Prince Philip, Princess Anne, Prince Charles, Duchess Camilla, the Earl
and Countess of Wessex, the Duke of Gloucester and the Duke of Kent.

Prince William has attended a memorial service at Camp Bastion in Afghanistan.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Last edited:

The Royal Family attending the Remembrance Sunday Service held at the
Cenotaph, London, November 14, 2010. Among them Queen Elizabeth,
Prince Philip, Princess Anne, Prince Charles, Duchess Camilla, the Earl
and Countess of Wessex, the Duke of Gloucester and the Duke of Kent.

The BBC also had a picture of the Duchess of Kent at the service.

I'm so proud to be British and these special days make me feel even prouder. Our fallen heroes made our country so great, God bless their souls! I'm also very proud of William at the moment. That was a great gesture, IMO! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure I read somewhere that the Earl of Harewood attended the Remembrance Day Service in Leeds.

poppy.jpg

Remembrance Day Services 2011

The Remembrance Day ceremony is held on the second Sunday in November at the Cenotaph in Whitehall, London.
For 2011 this will be November 13.

:royalstandard:

Last edited:

Queen Elizabeth, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Princess Royal, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall,
the Duke of York, the Earl and Countess of Wessex, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent, the Duke and
Duchess of Gloucester, the Duke of Kent, Princess Alexandra and others attended the Royal British Legion
Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall today, November 12.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** daylife/AP gallery **

Part of me expected to see William and Kate there at the festival of remembrance - they are in London and it would have been good to finally see William attend this event.

Part of me expected to see William and Kate there at the festival of remembrance - they are in London and it would have been good to finally see William attend this event.

I was quite shocked they didn't attend, though Catherine will no doubt be in the balcony with Sophie and Camilla tomorow morning at the Cenotaph as William lays a wreath does he not?

In another way I am not shocked they weren't there as normally only children and cousins of the monarch attend in the Royal box. William has never been as he?

Thanks for the images, I love that Charles always goes his own way in the fashion stakes. He is wearing what appears to be a blue suit, while others wear dark navy/black. A bit like his grey morning suit while everyone else wears black. Funny man.

Last edited:
If Catherine attends tomorow I hope it does not detract from the reason for the ceremony, to honour the dead, not comment on the fashion choice of the living.

lady of hay said:
If Catherine attends tomorow I hope it does not detract from the reason for the ceremony, to honour the dead, not comment on the fashion choice of the living.

Catherine and William are confirmed to attend tomorrow. It is no surprise they did not attend tonight.

Well, as I said , lets hope her presence dosen't detract from the reason why they are there. I don't suppose there will be any prizes for guessing what will be on most front pages on Monday, or am I just being crass:whistling:

Agreed. And not to criticize her hair and make-up either.

Agreed. And not to criticize her hair and make-up either.

Best way to avoid press about one's fashion is to recycle. She will hopefully wear nothing new or flashy. Or even no-name non-descript people rather than the McQueen's and Packham's of the world.

I believe though that until she picks up on the charity front fashion will continue to be the only thing people can constantly talk about when it comes to her.

Best way to avoid press about one's fashion is to recycle. She will hopefully wear nothing new or flashy. Or even no-name non-descript people rather than the McQueen's and Packham's of the world.

I believe though that until she picks up on the charity front fashion will continue to be the only thing people can constantly talk about when it comes to her.

I don't believe that it will matter one way or the other what she wears, someone will say it's the wrong thing.

If she recycles someone will say she did not respect the veterans enough to wear her "best'. Or she didn't respect them enough to "make an appropriate effort".

If she wears something new she'll be accused of trying to "take the spotlight'.

Frankly, a no-win scenario for her.

I don't believe that if someone recycles their clothes that will be interpreted as disrespectful. Things like that occur when people show cleavage and things like that.

Even now we talk about her clothes because we can't yet nail down her professionalism....at least I can't. :ermm:

Kate is going to wear a black dress & coat with a black hat like the other royal wives. Hopefully, the press will focus on the reason for the service.

This is her first time at the ceremony and the press will make a big deal of it just like they will for Christmas at Sandringham. However, Kate will spend the rest of her life attending this service and the press's fashion obsession will hopefully fade a little as she goes further along in her royal life.

Well, as I said , lets hope her presence dosen't detract from the reason why they are there. I don't suppose there will be any prizes for guessing what will be on most front pages on Monday, or am I just being crass:whistling:
I wholeheartedly agree. I'm sure the Daily Mail will have blazing headlines panning Catherine's outfit. God Forbid, the DM might actually report on the solemn ceremony itself.

Watching it live now on BBC1.

Kate has her hair down.

Kate wears a new blacl coat which I really loves. The most important is if I was british I will be very proud of the way you celebrate and show great respect and gratitude to your armed forces all year long. The press, the people, your royal family, your goverment, ...We should really take your country as an exemple from this point of view.

Our armed forces is simply remembered on the 11 november. They really are not heroes in our conscience.

Back
Top Bottom