The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-14-2021, 04:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan D View Post
Does the Queen have osteoporosis?
I don't think there's been any confirmed diagnosis but it's something that is very, very common and gets even more common the older a person gets. The body just doesn't support bone health as it used to.

Old 11-14-2021, 05:23 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
That's why she needs to rest now and do what her doctors tell her to do when it comes to the back and the rest of the skeletal system. Osteoporosis, when it advances, make it such that even rolling over in bed and inadvertently moving a wrist the wrong way can cause a fracture. Or a twist of the neck the wrong way or sitting in an awkward position for too long. I know from experience. The Queen is a bit over 25 years older than I am and I've had to resort to using wheelchairs in places rather than walk due to osteoporosis.

Most likely, the Queen *could* have used a wheelchair and attended the Cenotaph memorial but can you imagine the uproar and the worry and the concern that would have garnered? The focus of the service would have been more on the Queen than the meaning of the service itself. HM wouldn't want that to happen. She is a woman that holds dear the importance of this day and it's meaning and she wouldn't detract from that.
Grand Duke Jean attended some events on a wheelchair later in life, but he had already abdicated by then. I guess other posters might know where I stand on issues like abdication or a regency, so I won't get into that. Besides that wouldn't be the appropriate forum.

Old 11-14-2021, 06:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
The House of York was complety missing. T thought seing Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie on the Balcony.
I can't remember ever seen them on the balcony!
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 11-14-2021, 06:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
I can't remember ever seen them on the balcony!
I do not recall them at the Sunday service but I do believe that they have attended the Saturday event for the British Legion
Old 11-14-2021, 06:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
The House of York was complety missing. T thought seing Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie on the Balcony.
They haven't attended since they were little girls - back about 2004 or so. They aren't working royals and so don't attend. The York's will be missing from most royal events going forward - Trooping the Colour will probably be the only event they will be seen at for the rest of the Queen's reign and after that I don't expect them to be seen officially except at weddings and funerals.

I remember, a year or two after Sophie married in, that Eugenie nearly fainted on the balcony and Sophie was praised for the way she supported Eugenie who would have been in her teens at the time.
Old 11-14-2021, 08:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
I do not recall them at the Sunday service but I do believe that they have attended the Saturday event for the British Legion
I watch the Festival of Remembrance every year and I have never seen the York girls attend this event.
Old 11-14-2021, 11:20 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
They haven't attended since they were little girls - back about 2004 or so. They aren't working royals and so don't attend. The York's will be missing from most royal events going forward - Trooping the Colour will probably be the only event they will be seen at for the rest of the Queen's reign and after that I don't expect them to be seen officially except at weddings and funerals.

I remember, a year or two after Sophie married in, that Eugenie nearly fainted on the balcony and Sophie was praised for the way she supported Eugenie who would have been in her teens at the time.
It was Beatrice in 1999. There’s an article from the time in The Guardian noting that she fainted. There are also pictures online, which I will not share because Beatrice was clearly not well.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/19...rstworldwar.uk
Old 11-15-2021, 03:35 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Health issues can now be discussed in a new thread, which you can find here.
Old 11-15-2021, 02:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Every now and then I come across something on Facebook that educates me on things that I never knew before or even knew existed. This is what happened today.

There was a beautiful photo showing a long line of black London cabs stretching across Westminster Bridge. Their purpose was to carry veterans from Waterloo station to the Cenotaph and back again for free. This is done every year but this is the first time I've seen it mentioned and thought it was worth posting about.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...99980846774409
Old 11-15-2021, 02:50 PM
Royal Highness

Well talking of taxis & remembrance I hope you find this interesting.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABAK
Old 11-15-2021, 03:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post
Well talking of taxis & remembrance I hope you find this interesting.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABAK
Thanks, Durham! Very interesting story about the taxis of WWI Paris.

The correlation between those taxis and France gave me basically the same message. As those taxis in WWI did a noticeable part to assist the war effort, so did the black London cabs on Sunday sent a message that Remembrance Sunday didn't just happen at the Cenotaph with the royal family in attendance but there was concerted efforts in and around town to thank and make things easier for *all* veterans that have played a part over the years to preserve our ways of life
Old 11-16-2021, 05:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Tags
cenotaph, ceremonies, memorial, remembrance day