The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-09-2019, 06:52 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Andrew sitting next to Boris does not mean they are friends--I believe they have assigned seats for this event.

I thought my usage of smilies made it clear I was joking. I knew people would try to correct me or criticise me if I didn’t do so otherwise!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-09-2019, 07:53 PM
Heir Apparent

They all seem to be sitting pretty where they usually do.

I do love seeing all (or certainly a good majority) of the RF turning out for this and at the Cenotaph tomorrow.

Old 11-09-2019, 07:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

The only HRH's who don't attend this event, besides the children, are Beatrice and Eugenie and the Duchess of Kent.The girls used to attend as children/teenagers but haven't been for about a decade now. If any other HRHs aren't there they would be ill.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I thought my usage of smilies made it clear I was joking. I knew people would try to correct me or criticise me if I didn’t do so otherwise!
Ah okay, I understand your meaning. Sorry.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:10 PM
Heir Apparent

What grace O-H Anglophile

Having just watched it, Cams did still seem under the weather, she actually looked her age for once. Do miss seeing Philip at these sort of things.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Remembrance Sunday: BBC One - 10:20am
The Cenotaph 2019
The Queen and senior members of the royal family will be in attendance.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000b9cz

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-09-2019, 10:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
It would seem that Andrew has struck up a friendship with the PM... still not choosing friends wisely I see
And the Fail said that Andrew was making a "rare public appearance". I guess those hundreds of engagements he does every year are not "public" enough for them...
Old 11-10-2019, 01:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The only HRH's who don't attend this event, besides the children, are Beatrice and Eugenie and the Duchess of Kent.The girls used to attend as children/teenagers but haven't been for about a decade now. If any other HRHs aren't there they would be ill.

Did Princess Alexandra attend? could not see her in any of the pics and she was also not listed in the List i have seen on Twitter.

Old 11-10-2019, 02:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

I am not sure. I will wait until I see the CC. She rarely misses this event so if she isn't there I would be assuming she wasn't well enough to attend. She would have been at the very back of the royal box and the media don't tend to report on her attendance at full royal events - even the royal family's own media outlets rarely mention her other than the CC and the FE.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Galleries from the annual Remembrance Sunday memorial at The Cenotaph today

https://www.gettyimages.es/search/2/...this_event_adp

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...rvice,_london?

https://paimages.co.uk/headline/1381967
Old 11-10-2019, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Did Princess Alexandra attend? could not see her in any of the pics and she was also not listed in the List i have seen on Twitter.
No I haven't seen Princess Alexandra so far.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Why didn't William and Harry attend ?
Old 11-10-2019, 06:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

William and Harry did attend. They laid wreaths directly after Charles laid his second wreath - alongside Andrew and ahead of Anne and the two Edwards (Wessex and Kent). They don't go on the balconies but are down below.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Remembrance Sunday Service from the Cenotaph in London.

Old 11-10-2019, 07:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

It´s a pity, Sky news only covered the middle balcony with The Queen and the 2 Duchesses but not the other ones...!
Old 11-10-2019, 12:05 PM
Heir Apparent

The Queen is Head of State and was with the next two most senior royal ladies while the other senior royals were at the Cenotaph steps laying their wreaths, i’m not sure how they could fit the other balcony in as well. The second balcony rarely ever got covered in past.
Old 11-10-2019, 12:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
The Queen is Head of State and was with the next two most senior royal ladies while the other senior royals were at the Cenotaph steps laying their wreaths, i’m not sure how they could fit the other balcony in as well. The second balcony rarely ever got covered in past.
Easily enough. They could have in the multiple times they panned to the queen's balcony, panned to the second balcony once or twice. Other coverage seemed to manage it with no issue. The focus of this event is not 'the queen and heir' but the royal family being out honoring the fallen.

I wish Tim was down on the ground with the others. He may not be a 'working royal' but he did actively serve. He also represented the queen as chairman of the commonwealth war graves commission for years.
Old 11-10-2019, 12:23 PM
Heir Apparent

I guess Sky see it as a national event and feel the RF are represented in their coverage enough by seeing the Queen and those laying wreaths. Ultimately while royal watchers like us may see it as a great opportunity to see the RF out in full, unlike say Trooping the Colour, this is not solely a royal event but a National remembrance service attended by the Queen and her family, the PM and other political leaders, Commonwealth representatives and representatives of different religions. Making sure to get a good shot of all would be impossible.

I wish Tim was on the ground too. Part of me feels it would have been nice for Philip to have asked him to represent him and lay his wreath when he stopped attending.
Old 11-10-2019, 02:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know why Prince Michael of Kent lays a wreath some years and not others.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps he is, to be blunt, the royal understudy, there to make up the numbers when someone else is away and unable to attend?

Tags
cenotaph, ceremonies, memorial, remembrance day