Imperial Majesty

Remembrance Sunday: The Cenotaph- BBC One at 10am
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0brgkgt

Remembrance Sunday- The Cenotaph-
https://www.firstonetv.net/Live/Unit...dom/BBC-One--4

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-11-2018, 06:03 AM
Serene Highness

The Queen, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. #RemembranceSunday
https://twitter.com/Isaguortiz/statu...74673958404098

Britain falls silent on 100th anniversary of the end of the First World War as the Queen watches historic moment German President joins Prince Charles, Harry and William in laying a wreath at Cenotaph
  • The Prince of Wales is due to lead nation's tributes to all those who have lost their lives in the First World War
  • Charles will lay a wreath at the Cenotaph on behalf of his mother, Queen Elizabeth, for the second year in row
  • The Queen will watch the Whitehall service from the balcony of the nearby Foreign and Commonwealth Office
  • How have you marked Armistice Day? Send your own remembrance photographs to pictures@dailymail.co.uk
By Alexander Robertson For Mailonline
Published: 03:32 EST, 11 November 2018 | Updated: 06:07 EST, 11 November 2018

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...morations.html

Old 11-11-2018, 06:04 AM
Majesty

The Queen, The Duchess of Cornwall and The Duchess of Cambridge on the main balcony.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Slightly surprised the wife of the German President wasn't alongside the Queen on the balcony but nevertheless lovely that the President was there and a poignant service as ever.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Slightly surprised the wife of the German President wasn't alongside the Queen on the balcony but nevertheless lovely that the President was there and a poignant service as ever.
IIRC the guest never stand alongside the Queen? Maxima didn't stand in the same balcony as the Queen a couple year ago too. edit: my wrong, forget that the Queen still placed the wreath by herself in 2015.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Duke of Edinburgh had a wreath laid for him at the Cenotaph,he wasn't present.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:26 AM
Heir Apparent

I thought the Queen was still laying her wreath back when WA attended, didn't Maxima stand with Kate and Sophie? Anywho its not that important and I didn't mean to go off topic, still a lovely, poignant service no matter who stood where.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
It was an honor that the First Lady of Germany was placed next to The Duchess of Sussex.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-11-2018, 06:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Sad that the Duke of Edinburgh was not well enough to stand alongside the Queen to watch the service as I recall he did last year. I am sure if he had felt well enough to attend, he would have done so.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:34 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

This is the 1st Remembrance Sunday ceremony for the new Bishop of London,Dame Sarah Mullally.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It was an honor that the First Lady of Germany was placed next to The Duchess of Sussex.
Well I was under the impression the spouse of a Head of State was treated equal to the Queen or the position Philip would have taken. I suspect they wanted to go for the Queen and two future Queens together, we have seen them fit four people on the balcony before.

If I recall correctly Philip looked quite frail when he attended last year. Shame he couldn't be there but I am sure he will have undertaken his own act of remembrance wherever he is.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:52 AM
Serene Highness

Is Sophie/Edward not in attendance?
Old 11-11-2018, 06:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Edward was with other royals laying a wreath so I assume Sophie was there. I imagine she was on the other balcony with Sir Tim and possibly Gloucesters? We didn't see them on tv coverage but a picture usually appears somewhere soon.

Edit - posted by eya on another thread

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Drt9w6HXgAA1qsM.jpg
Old 11-11-2018, 06:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

World War One Remembered: Westminster Abbey- BBC One at 5:10pm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0brzcbh

The Queen and senior members of the Royal Family will be in attendance.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-11-2018, 06:56 AM
Royal Highness

Yes they were. I watched the live coverage. Edward layed a wreath with Princess Anne, the Duke of Kent and Prince Michael of Kent. Sofie was standing beside Anne's husband on one of the balconies.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:02 AM
Administrator

Here are some more photos of today's ceremony:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

** hellomagazine: Duchesses Kate and Meghan join The Queen for Remembrance Sunday at The Cenotaph **

** dailymail: Deep in thought: Meghan follows Kate's lead as she attends her first Armistice Day at the Cenotaph **
Old 11-11-2018, 07:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Yes they were. I watched the live coverage. Edward layed a wreath with Princess Anne, the Duke of Kent and Prince Michael of Kent. Sofie was standing beside Anne's husband on one of the balconies.
Thank you!
Old 11-11-2018, 07:46 AM
Royal Highness

Prince Harry's hat and coat are different this year. What uniform is he wearing?
Old 11-11-2018, 07:49 AM
Majesty

Royal Marines
Old 11-11-2018, 07:59 AM
Royal Highness

Oh ok...Thanks so much Rudolph! Completely forgot that he is now the Captain General of the Royal Marines.

Tags
cenotaph, ceremonies, memorial, remembrance day