The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-10-2018, 03:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Related to the ongoing discussion about the order of precedence: while William (and therefore Catherine) has precedence over his uncles and aunt, that does not apply to Harry who is seated on third row while the queen's younger children are seated on second row.
Technically, neither William nor Harry have precedence over their aunt and uncles. They are grandchildren of monarch, and comes after the children of monarch. Exceptions are made at times to recognize the situation of them being children of the next monarch. For the most part, both are given precedence, with the only exception being tonight and Queen’s birthday concert.

Old 11-10-2018, 03:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Technically, neither William nor Harry have precedence over their aunt and uncles. They are grandchildren of monarch, and comes after the children of monarch. Exceptions are made at times to recognize the situation of them being children of the monarch. For the most part, both are given precedence, with the only exception being tonight and Queen’s birthday concert.
'Is given precedence' is indeed the more accurate term. To me it makes sense that an exception is made for William as the direct heir, while no exception is made for Harry as he isn't a future king.

Are the duke and duchess of Gloucester representing the queen elsewhere this weekend?

Old 11-10-2018, 03:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
'Is given precedence' is indeed the more accurate term. To me it makes sense that an exception is made for William as the direct heir, while no exception is made for Harry as he isn't a future king.
It doesn’t really matter what makes sense to anyone. Only Her Majesty. And for whatever reason, Harry wasn’t given the precedence tonight and at the birthday concert. However, on most of other occasions I’ve seen, he is. And as well Meghan even during engagement. And in the announcements, they are also put ahead of Queen’s younger children.

Quote:
Are the duke and duchess of Gloucester representing the queen elsewhere this weekend?
Duchess of Gloucester is behind Meghan.
Old 11-10-2018, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The Royal Family at the Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall tonight

https://www.gettyimages.de/search/ur...alproducts=all

Article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...al-Albert.html

Why are the Duke and Duchess of Sussex seated in the back where they can be barely seen ?

I can't tell either if the Duchess of Sussex is wearing a poppy.
Old 11-10-2018, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Why are the Duke and Duchess of Sussex seated in the back where they can be barely seen ?

She wore the same pin she had on the tour.
Old 11-10-2018, 03:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:

She wearing a pin, it looks similar to what Anne, Camilla and Sophie are also wearing.
Old 11-10-2018, 04:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Update from my earlier post about Duchess of Gloucester, the Royal Family Twitter has state Duke of Gloucester was there as well. Perhaps he’s behind Harry? From the angle of the photo, it’s hard to see in that corner since all the seats are facing the stage.
Old 11-10-2018, 04:28 PM
Courtier

The Festival of Remembrance always makes me cry, it really is very moving.
Old 11-10-2018, 04:34 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I’m so pleased that Henry and Meghan chose to take part of the remembrance of those who fell in WW1. I could not see if other royals did as well. It was such a beautiful thing to do, a very very fitting tribute.
Old 11-10-2018, 04:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

She is wearing a poppy badge. Well the other royals have attended for many many years more so maybe the Queen thinks they should sit up front. On all honesty the royal box is not that big and the seating is always a bit all over. On this occasion H&M took a back seat (literally) to the most important thing... the festival of remembrance itself.
Old 11-10-2018, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Wider angle larger group photo--
https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...oto/1060048474
Old 11-10-2018, 05:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

This festival move me every year. The stories are heartbreaking and the families are so brave by carrying on with great strength. The Kingdom Choir did a beautiful job. I love the fact this choir hasn’t been forgotten.

Quote:

Yes, she is.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-10-2018, 05:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Related to the ongoing discussion about the order of precedence: while William (and therefore Catherine) is given precedence over his uncles and aunt, that does not apply to Harry (and therefore Meghan) who is seated on third row while the queen's younger children are seated on second row.
I don't think, that Harry and Meghan are seated on third row. All pictures were taken from the side, we don't see all royal box.

I think they are seated on 2nd row behind Camilla and Andrew.

1st row: Catherine, William, the queen, Charles (on Philip's place), Camilla, Andrew - 6 places
2nd row: Timothy, Anne, Edward, Sophie, Meghan, Harry - 6 places
Old 11-10-2018, 05:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Everyone can (hopefully) watch the Festival of Remembrance here-
https://www.firstonetv.net/Live/Unit...dom/BBC-One--4

Coverage starts at 8:30pm.

Thank you Dman for posting this....many thanks.
Old 11-10-2018, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I didn't see Princess Michael in the royal box,her husband was there beside the Duke of Kent.

Very moving ceremony ,Jerusalem and I vow to thee my Country were splendidly performed.

Having 2 great grandfathers who fought in WW1 its always a very poignant ceremony.

6th of April,1199 -Death of Richard the Lionheart
Old 11-10-2018, 05:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
I don't think, that Harry and Meghan are seated on third row. All pictures were taken from the side, we don't see all royal box.

I think they are seated on 2nd row behind Camilla and Andrew.

1st row: Catherine, William, the queen, Charles (on Philip's place), Camilla, Andrew - 6 places
2nd row: Timothy, Anne, Edward, Sophie, Meghan, Harry - 6 places
You are correct. Royal British Legion posted aerial view.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PoppyLegi...79303953391622
Old 11-10-2018, 05:37 PM
Heir Apparent

The Kingdom Choir sounded lovely. Seems that since the Royal Wedding they’ve landed on their feet!
Old 11-10-2018, 05:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjersey View Post
Thank you Dman for posting this....many thanks.
You’re welcome. You can watch the Cenotaph ceremony and Westminster Abbey Service from the same link tomorrow morning and evening.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-10-2018, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Great to see the BRF at the Remembrance festival this evening. I shall look forward into watching it on catch up tomorrow.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-10-2018, 06:00 PM
Nobility

I have to say I thought this year's programme to be especially lovely. Nice turnout from the BRF too.

Tags
cenotaph, ceremonies, memorial, remembrance day