Relationships between Members of the British Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the same thing.
Kate must be disappointed to miss Christmas at Bucklebury this year, considering it is Louis' first.

Now she has to go to Sandringham in a show of solidarity??!:ermm:

(I do think the Cambridges planned to spend Christmas with the Middletons, since Carole talked about how the children could decorate a tree in their own rooms).

They most likely will be making themselves over to grandpa and grandma Middleton’s house for the holidays. That’s how it is, hopping from house to house to eat and collect presents.

I feel sorry for the Royal Family. Every week in the NZ 'women's' magazines, they are on the cover, because of a so-called 'bitter feud' between, Camilla-Kate, or Meghan-Eugenie or... insert name here – and apparently the Princes are being 'torn apart' on a weekly basis (usually mondays when the magazines come out :whistling:) and are 'incandescent with rage'. Funnily enough, these 'bitter feuds' are only between the Wales, Sussexes, Cambridges and Yorks, seems like Princess Anne and Sophie Wessex are just minding their own business, not getting into 'feuds' with anyone. For some reason Zara and Mike also don't get dragged into these 'bitter feuds' – is it because they're private and have the werewithall to possibly fight back?

I think these magazines should be ashamed of themselves. It's lies, lies, lies every week. I refuse to buy this crap. I buy Hello which is generally good (and has good photos of more than just the core Royals).

IMO, the Royals are just like everyone else. Some will get on tremendously well, others less so, but as long as everyone is cordial and friendly – which I think they are judging by body language – then that's all that is needed. But niceness doesn't sell; only drama and intrigue, and all sold to the world by unnamed 'sources'. i get beyond frustrated when friends of mine, who don't 'know' the royal family as I do, believe these magazines and quote them to me as though they were the Gospel truth.

I need a teeth-grinding emoj! :lol:

What a shame they have gave in to the media if it’s true

I was thinking the same thing.
Kate must be disappointed to miss Christmas at Bucklebury this year, considering it is Louis' first.

Now she has to go to Sandringham in a show of solidarity??!:ermm:

(I do think the Cambridges planned to spend Christmas with the Middletons, since Carole talked about how the children could decorate a tree in their own rooms).

I believe this was a story in the DM with no confirmation. Why is is being taken as the gospel truth?

I'll believe it only IF the Cambridges appear in Sandringham on Christmas Day.

:previous: I'm hoping they don't. This year is a big year for the Middletons with Catherine's third and, more importantly, Pippa's first baby. They deserve the chance to share the joy and not have to try and placate the poison pens of the media. The Sussex's are (hopefully) going to be happy spending time with Doria and the rest of the royal family.

I'm going to go with my grandmother's wise advice. "Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear" although I do believe the pictures of walking to church at Sandringham are pretty credible. As long as everybody enjoys their holidays, that's what really matters. :D

Last edited:
:previous: This was surprisingly rational and fair. Go VA!

It almost doesn't matter whether the stories true or not, because stories like this are entirely predictable. You can't have two "good" princesses in the same fairy tale, so Kate is (until further notice) going to be the "good" princess and Yoko...I mean, Meghan...is the "bad" princess. Doesn't matter what they actually do or think, because that's the storyline.

It almost doesn't matter whether the stories true or not, because stories like this are entirely predictable. You can't have two "good" princesses in the same fairy tale, so Kate is (until further notice) going to be the "good" princess and Yoko...I mean, Meghan...is the "bad" princess. Doesn't matter what they actually do or think, because that's the storyline.

You're calling her Yoko, in order to continue spreading hatred unnecessarily towards her. That is sad.
?

Great perspective. And I agree with posters who point out that we can never really know what goes on behind palace walls. Even staff and courtiers are not privy to every private interaction, and if purported 'sources' overhear something, it could be misunderstood, overblown or taken completely out of context.

I agree with Murphy's assesment, and it's interesting that she says it was KP press office (not BP) who commented on one 'feud' story by saying, 'That never happened.' Murphy writes:
"One of the most illuminating moments for observers of the William-Kate-Harry-and-Meghan dynamic came when the foursome were carrying out their first official engagement together at the Royal Foundation Forum in February.

Host Tina Daheley asked them 'Do you ever have disagreements about things?' Cue laughter. Meghan looks down, Kate fiddles with her hair and William says: 'Oh yes' ... William says it himself—yes they do. Yes they have. Yet there they were, all four of them, sitting together on a stage, laughing together and working together.

'The last thing you disagreed on, how did you resolve it?' Daheley presses in an interview style that seems a lot bolder now than it did at the time. 'Is it resolved? We don’t know!' William said."

I would also add that all four royals, including Kate and Meghan seemed amused by the question, not uncomfortable. Harry laughed and said, 'We work things out. We're stuck with each other for life.'"

As a reminder, there were early summer references in the media to stories about Meghan hugging staff members. The revelation was published in a mild rebuking tone.

In any case, the fact remains, we are not on the inside and we never will be. The brothers are very private and will continue protecting their families and their privacy. Their wives are both smart and tough. I don't doubt mild tensions and/or misunderstandings may occur, but I'd be surprised at anything major. It seems to me Kate & Meghan know their respective roles and aren't at odds with each other. In fact, they likely inspire each other and are equally holding their own in this high profile family. It's even possible that the four have had a laugh or two or three over the reported 'rift' nonsense, complete with eyerolls and headshaking.

Last edited by a moderator:
All of this makes me realize just why the Cambridges and most likely the Sussexes are going to be households that have the minimum amount of staff working in their residences that they can possibly have. The less people that have access to their private lives, the better. Both women seem to enjoy the day to day domestic types of things such as cooking and gardening and I would imagine that (as has been stated somewhere before) the kitchen is the hub of the home.

They all seem to work together very nicely and that's something that will be a forefront of their royal lives for quite a while yet. They'll also have their own separate families with their own activities and thats how it should be.

Glad all the bizarre stuff finally is starting to end.

Victoria Murphys article pretty much sums it. All families go through it, especially families in such close proximity to each This too shall pass when Harry and Meghan move to Windsor.

How do we know anything happened in the first place? And if there was something why would the Sussexes move to Windsor affect it? Imo we are likely to see the four of them together long before March when the baby is due and the move is on. Perhaps on Xmas Day, or before.

:previous: Well, there is the annual pre-Christmas gathering the Queen hosts at BP, isn't there? Is that still on for this year?

I'm sure it is. The only thing we'll see from that is the people arriving so I really doubt we'll see family interaction. Just couples arriving and maybe departing. There may also be pictures from the Diplomatic Reception but as that's a formal occasion, I doubt we'll actually see much interaction. Just a few posed pictures hopefully.

This will be an interesting Christmas at Sandringham for there are 2 newly married ins - Meghan, who was invited last year, and Jack. I wonder if Eugenie will choose to celebrate with her new husband’s family or if she and Jack will be at Sandringham.
Just because the Cambridges have in the past alternated between Buckleberry and Sandringham doesn’t mean they will continue to do so going forward, perhaps Pippa’s inlaws, the Mathews, have plans which she’ll be a part of which could influence when the Cambridges arrive in Buckleberry. It might be easier to do as Camilla has done, Christmas with Charles and the royals and then an early exit for the holiday with her children and grandchildren.

:previous:

Thanks Maia Maia, that was a really good read. Now that is the kind of news articles that need to be out there to help stop this other crap that is being put out about both Duchesses. I for one do not believe there is any type of rift or whatever between the 2 ladies, or their husbands. Both William and Harry grew up with the media and know just how they operate, and Catherine after all these years surely knows the same and they will guide and help Meghan through this. I know Meghan is used to the media being in the entertainment world yet being a royal duchess is a whole different ball park for her. ?

I mean, is it REALLY necessary to post each article/gossip from the Daily Mail about this alleged« feud » ? You’re just feeding the beast !
I don ‘t remember such outcry when the DM made the most outrageaous headlines about Charles, Camilla, William or Catherine. Some of these « articles » were not even posted on this forum, becaude EVERYONE knew it was pure nonsense.
It seems to me that some well intentioned fans of the duchess of Sussex are maybe a bit too overprotective and yes have to learn that Meghan has signed for that, the tabloîd press, by entering into the BRF. That’s part of the job.
And believe me this story is just an appetizer … many many more will come in the future.
So « keep calm and carry on » …

As I have said before this is the best comment regarding these threads I have read in a very long time........we all should take notice of each other's comments and be respectful to all here!

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: I agree wholeheartedly! Don't give this garbage any more clicks by posting the links on this forum!

[...] The less people that have access to their private lives, the better. [...]

That possibly is also the reason why the Dutch King, 5 years after his accession to the throne, still lives in his private villa, on his private domain, instead of one of the royal palaces. Yes, the intended residence is in restoration but the notion that an undisturbed family life is key, especially for the children, will be a major factor in this.

Last edited:
Just adding that the Cambridges don't alternate Christmas between Sandringham & Bucklebury. They're usually at Sandringham ie 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017 & at least 2 of those years have had the Middletons to stay at Anmer.

It's always a juggling act for any family as the children grow up & form families of their own. Whatever the royal family does will be perceived by some media as a drama because that's unfortunately what sells. The truth is more likely to be the royal family version of the compromising arrangements made each year between all families.

They alternate with the Middletons.

2012-With the Midds in Bucklebury
2014-With the Midds at Anmer
2016-With the Midds at Bucklebury

Because it's an even year it's seen as a Middleton year. The interviews with James and Carole allude to them planning for Bucklebury this year. We'll see if those plans have been changed or not.

Yes it becomes even more complex when you have two sets of married children & grandchildren, as the Middletons now have. They have to factor in Pippa's new family, who have another set of grandparents. As a Granny myself, I know it's lovely to have your whole family together but it's a changing scene & it doesn't happen every year. I'm just thankful my family isn't in the spotlight - it must be horrendous.

Luckily the Matthews have synched up with the Cambridges. Last year Pippa spent Christmas with the Matthews family. They also do even years with the Middletons, as we saw Pippa and her husband (then fiancé) with the Midds in Bucklebury 2016.

Last edited:
And later James Middleton will probably have a family of his own and their will be more grandchildren and another set of grandparents to visit.

The below site (a Meghan news website) also provides some thoughtful reflections regarding how streamlining efforts as part of Charles' vision for the future may have some connection with the Sussexes preferred move to Windsor:
Mad About Meghan

"... we have seen an endless abundance of 'filler' royal stories doing the rounds with little interest in accuracy in recent months... There's been a great deal written about the relationship between William and Harry. A much greater deal about the relationship between Kate and Meghan. Much amounts to fictitious gossip at best and irresponsible use of opinion as fact... What I will say is the Sussexes and Cambridges are very different people, with very different approaches to their roles and very different paths ahead.

William and Harry have always had an enduring bond and it is my hope that will always be the case. Clearly, given their different visions and futures, it's not working for all four of them together at KP... As many of us can attest family and in-law dynamics are challenging at the best of times. When you throw in working relationships, tensions can certainly arise. I do expect we'll hear of a formal division of their offices...

There's a number of other layers and factors to consider that haven't received sufficient consideration in my opinion. Given Charles' plans for a streamlined monarchy, it's entirely possible Harry and Meghan's children will not have royal titles and will forge their own career paths. Windsor offers a much more relaxed upbringing for them. Both Harry and Meghan adore the countryside and the Windsor estate is a beautiful place to bring up a family...

The move may have been planned with an eye for the future. Indeed it's long been reported by outlets including The Times that Charles hopes to turn Buckingham Palace into a more business-focused palace rather than the home of the monarch when he is king. In 2011, Andrew Marr revealed senior royal sources told him Charles would potentially base himself at Windsor Castle and not Buckingham Palace as king. The news could very well be a part of the bigger picture. Meghan is incredibly close to Charles, and he sees her and Harry as major players in his monarchy. With Harry's well-established areas of focus and Meghan's work ethic, a dedicated team of their own makes perfect sense to me."

They alternate with the Middletons.

2012-With the Midds in Bucklebury
2014-With the Midds at Anmer
2016-With the Midds at Bucklebury

It's nice that the Middletons were able to join them at Amner in 2014 when Catherine was expecting Charlotte.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom