The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-23-2020, 12:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukari View Post
I wonder when they will stop putting that Christmas photo as "the final straw". I mean, it was not even the first photo! It's the third (released) photo! Harry was there during the first and he was not included in the (released) 4 gens photo, the second one even was commissioned for stamps. And it only ticks his nerve now? Seriously, who will believe that?

Edit:
Betsypaige, I don't mean to pick on you, please don't take it the wrong way, just commenting about the article considering Katie Nicholl managed to write readable article without the need to drag the Sussexes into it. Seems like Telegraph is transitioning to become a tabloid now ...
Oh donít worry, I didnít take it badly at all.

Reports about Harry being envious/insecure have been out there for awhile, and so has the Christmas photo story. I donít have a problem with the Telegraph mentioning it because itís part of the story of Charlesí relationship with his sons and the brothersí relationship with each other.

I donít personally want to focus on that, however, as I posted the articles because of their focus on Charles and William. If others want to, thatís up to them.

Old 06-23-2020, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
As has been said before, not every couple, Royal or not, can afford the luxury of an eight year run up to marriage. In fact I'd say the vast majority of couples, unless they meet when they are very young, take much less time to wed. In some cases the time between meeting and marriage is incredibly short, but it still works out. Harry and Meghan met in May/June 2016 and married in May 2018, which I would regard as a reasonable amount of time to get to know each other, especially as they were living together from November 2017 to their wedding day on May 19th 2018.
One difference is that Meghan openly campaigned for the job. This nobody actress suddenly starts landing magazine covers and interviews. I kept hoping it was just a joke or a fling for Harry. The biography Harry cooperated with tells alot about him and the struggles he has had in almost every aspect of his life since his mother died. Interestingly, the author who praised Meghan the book as giving him the mothering he needed (not a wife's job) gave an interview to the DM about her thoughts now.

Old 06-23-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Iíll be honest, Iím going to try and avoid reading any future comments about spin or PR because I just can not be that cynical. I agree with you. I donít see the photo as PR...I just donít. It happens that the photo IS good for the BRF, but thatís because people like to see affection between father and son, and this is such a normal photo that most people can identify with. Kate no doubt thought it would be a lovely photo to post, William agreed...and so did Charles.

Iím frankly surprised that there is such skepticism about these articles, about Charles and Williamís relationship. It feels like people more easily believe in tensions between members of the BRF than they do in good relations. There have been articles going back months about how the bond between them was growing.
I agree with you. I think skepticism helps to feed the gossip. Just enjoying some very sweet and loving pictures doesn't.
Old 06-23-2020, 01:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbutler2 View Post
I agree with you. I think skepticism helps to feed the gossip. Just enjoying some very sweet and loving pictures doesn't.
This. Iím not saying that people arenít entitled to their opinions, by the way. I just prefer in this case to be positive
Old 06-24-2020, 11:31 AM
Courtier

Why has everything got to be for PR . I am sure there are other members of the family who take private photographs either of their children or family members, the queen was /is known to take film footage. I am sure at their special events there are personal family photographs taken over and above the official ones, just like any other family. It just so happens that the DOC is quite good and is happy to release her photographs rather than formal poses.
Also with regards the queen and heirs photograph, I cannot believe Harry was hurt by this. The four of them in a row was taken for the purpose of releasing royal mail stamps but they thought the photograph was so cute they decided to issue it uncut.
If that had been planned as a photograph it would not have been set up like that.
Harry is a member of the royal family he did not marry into it he knows how these things work. Was Anne offended when her brothers came along and pushed her down the order, no she thought ahead as to how it would affect her family and took steps accordingly.
Why has everything got to have a hidden meaning , let things be what they are.
Old 06-24-2020, 11:50 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
Why has everything got to be for PR . I am sure there are other members of the family who take private photographs either of their children or family members, the queen was /is known to take film footage. I am sure at their special events there are personal family photographs taken over and above the official ones, just like any other family. It just so happens that the DOC is quite good and is happy to release her photographs rather than formal poses.
Also with regards the queen and heirs photograph, I cannot believe Harry was hurt by this. The four of them in a row was taken for the purpose of releasing royal mail stamps but they thought the photograph was so cute they decided to issue it uncut.
If that had been planned as a photograph it would not have been set up like that.
Harry is a member of the royal family he did not marry into it he knows how these things work. Was Anne offended when her brothers came along and pushed her down the order, no she thought ahead as to how it would affect her family and took steps accordingly.
Why has everything got to have a hidden meaning , let things be what they are.
I completely agree with your first point.

As to Harry, just because Anne wasnít upset doesnít mean he wasnít; they are different people. Where thereís smoke, there fire as far as Iím concerned. I canít say for certain itís true, but like I said above, there have been multiple reports that Harry was upset. Frankly, given his behavior over the past months, I can buy that he was upset ..and that he was upset that William and Kate were going to process during the Commonwealth services.
Old 06-24-2020, 12:42 PM
Courtier

I must agree with you in regards the Commonwealth Service, there was something going on there.
Plans were changed at the last minute.Kate was not a happy bunny , neither was Harry, and Meghans smile never left her face.
All pretence had gone that day.
Old 06-24-2020, 02:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
I must agree with you in regards the Commonwealth Service, there was something going on there.
Plans were changed at the last minute.Kate was not a happy bunny , neither was Harry, and Meghans smile never left her face.
All pretence had gone that day.
Yep. Reports since then have it that William and Harry have been speaking, so hopefully they will mend their relationship, but they sure couldnít fake it that day.
Old 06-24-2020, 02:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Yep. Reports since then have it that William and Harry have been speaking, so hopefully they will mend their relationship, but they sure couldnít fake it that day.
I doubt if things have changed all that much. I think there was clearly tension in March, I suspect that the wives are not at all friendly and nothing has changed since then... THey are still in the US, Will and Kate are here in teh UK and doing their job..and there is probalby still tension between the 2 couples because of the way that things ended...
Old 06-24-2020, 11:36 PM
Nobility

There is nothing wrong with PR. It is Public Relations. It isn't just spin. The Royal Family serves at the will of the people. The family gets to live an extremely privileged life, but in exchange for that they owe the public some things in return. They do charitable work. They recognize people who contribute to the community. They lead in public mourning and celebration. They are part of the extended family. That's why people want to watch their weddings and see pics of the children.

The British Royal Family has always been a bit more remote than other royal families. I think the good thing to come out of the current situation is that they have become a bit more relatable. I love the less formal pictures we are seeing.

The BRF is a bit older than the other royal families. The Queen is 10-15 years older than the recently abdicated monarchs. She became a young adult in the shadow of WWII. The others were the late 50s or the 60s. She also became queen at a younger age. Times had changed so much. I think this has caused the BRF to be a bit more formal.
Old 06-27-2020, 11:15 PM
Royal Highness

No, no, no.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at the London premiere of the new James Bond movie.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex as guests of honour a week later, at the Hollywood premiere.

Time to get serious future King and Queen. Stay away from film premieres from now on in.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/uncategoriz...wood-premiere/
Old 06-27-2020, 11:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
No, no, no.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at the London premiere of the new James Bond movie.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex as guests of honour a week later, at the Hollywood premiere.

Time to get serious future King and Queen. Stay away from film premieres from now on in.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/uncategoriz...wood-premiere/
Why? This is a 'bread and butter' engagement for royals. The Queen used to go to film premieres in her younger days - with evening dress and tiara. If the monarch can do it why not the 'future King and Queen'?
Old 06-27-2020, 11:36 PM
Majesty

The Queen, Prince Philip and other members of the BRF at film premieres over the years.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...ere-gallery/1/

King George VI and the Queen Mother also used to attend them before WW2.
Old 06-28-2020, 01:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Not only that, but William is president of BAFTA. It would be odd if he didn't.

The queen, Charles and Camilla and the Cambridges have all attended James Bond premiers. So fitting.
Old 06-28-2020, 01:50 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Why? This is a 'bread and butter' engagement for royals. The Queen used to go to film premieres in her younger days - with evening dress and tiara. If the monarch can do it why not the 'future King and Queen'?

I’m surprised to see any royals still attending film launches after the experience of the Prince and Princess of Wales at the London premiere of “Steel Magnolias”

Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis’ sister Lee Radziwill was married to the film’s director Herbert Ross.

Lee got sick of being overlooked and sat down in the same row as Charles and Diana, instead of her assigned seat further back.

She sat in Julia Robert’s seat.

She refused to move.

Mr Ross’s boss, also present, called her the c-word.

Lee brazened it out.

Julia burst into tears.

Charles and Diana shuffled along and tried to smooth things over.

Julia ended up sitting in the row behind.

Mr Ross was seen as being unable to control his wife. His career took a dive and never recovered.

Highly embarrassing for the Royal couple to get caught up in a Hollywood hissy-fit. And all in the name of getting some dosh for a charity.

And yes, beautifully turned out Monarch having to come eye to eye with those starlets of yesteryear with their low-cut gowns serving up their “assets” at Her Majesty’s eye level - I’ve seen the pics.

No wonder Princess Margaret got the job, which I think suited everyone all round.

Now the producers of this film would like this prince and his wife to attend this premiere, and that prince and his wife to attend that one.

Great for them and their product, the James Bond people, but when are those in charge on the other side going to draw some sort of line between Royalty and celebrity.

When is there going to be some attempt to re-build the mystique and importance of the Monarchy.

Celebrities get flushed down the sluices all the time. I can’t see any value in the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge getting into a comparison with the other couple when they are on the track to the throne.

Kate wore this frock, Meghan wore that, it rained in London, the sun shone in California, more well- known faces at the Hollywood event, but it’s a British film.

As both couples are now more-middle aged than young, why continue down this route.

If Royalty can’t stir people with it’s own glamour, the seedy, hustling, drug-riddled second-hand glamour of the entertainment industry can’t be their best shot surely.
Old 06-28-2020, 02:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

You do understand one of the main jobs of royals is to support and promote their country. In that its arts, culture and industries right??

The British film industry is a major one. William serves as patron of BAFTA. So yes showing up for the odd movie premier or awards shows, with other celebrities, is part of the role.

There are only so many hospital ribbons to cut. And that's only a tiny portion of the role they play.
Old 06-28-2020, 02:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Iím surprised to see any royals still attending film launches after the experience of the Prince and Princess of Wales at the London premiere of ďSteel MagnoliasĒ

Jacqueline Kennedy Onassisí sister Lee Radziwill was married to the filmís director Herbert Ross.

Lee got sick of being overlooked and sat down in the same row as Charles and Diana, instead of her assigned seat further back.

She sat in Julia Robertís seat.

She refused to move.

Mr Rossís boss, also present, called her the c-word.

Lee brazened it out.

Julia burst into tears.

Charles and Diana shuffled along and tried to smooth things over.

Julia ended up sitting in the row behind.

Mr Ross was seen as being unable to control his wife. His career took a dive and never recovered.

Highly embarrassing for the Royal couple to get caught up in a Hollywood hissy-fit. And all in the name of getting some dosh for a charity.

And yes, beautifully turned out Monarch having to come eye to eye with those starlets of yesteryear with their low-cut gowns serving up their ďassetsĒ at Her Majestyís eye level - Iíve seen the pics.

No wonder Princess Margaret got the job, which I think suited everyone all round.

Now the producers of this film would like this prince and his wife to attend this premiere, and that prince and his wife to attend that one.

Great for them and their product, the James Bond people, but when are those in charge on the other side going to draw some sort of line between Royalty and celebrity.

When is there going to be some attempt to re-build the mystique and importance of the Monarchy.

Celebrities get flushed down the sluices all the time. I canít see any value in the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge getting into a comparison with the other couple when they are on the track to the throne.

Kate wore this frock, Meghan wore that, it rained in London, the sun shone in California, more well- known faces at the Hollywood event, but itís a British film.

As both couples are now more-middle aged than young, why continue down this route.

If Royalty canít stir people with itís own glamour, the seedy, hustling, drug-riddled second-hand glamour of the entertainment industry canít be their best shot surely.
This is a normal royal event.

Of course the public will make comparisons between the Duchesses because they are so shallow that that is all they care about - what they are wearing - rather than the cause being supported ... in this case the 'arts' which the British/English/Scottish monarchs have supported for centuries. Without that support some of the greatest pieces of English literature would never have been written.

William is Patron of BAFTA. He is expected to attend the premiere of British films along with the annual awards. He and Catherine have attended premieres before.

They will still be attending premieres as King and Queen.
Old 06-28-2020, 04:44 AM
Courtier

These gala event often are charity events with the funds raised donated to a charity the couple support, or entertainment related not sure what one in this case but often it is the case.
It is more than just turning up for a free seat at the cinema.

Steel Magnolias and the prince and princess of wales was a number of years ago, if that experience was going to make them withdraw from these events I think they would have stopped by now.
Old 06-28-2020, 05:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Princess of Wales has been dead for nearly 23 years. These events have been going on ever since so clearly that experience didn't affect anything.

Charles and Camilla have been to them as have William and Catherine.
Old 06-28-2020, 05:12 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The Princess of Wales has been dead for nearly 23 years. These events have been going on ever since so clearly that experience didn't affect anything.

Charles and Camilla have been to them as have William and Catherine.
Not sure what film premieres have to do with the relaitionships between membrs of the RF

Tags
british royal family, princessanne, relationship, relationships, siblings