The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-23-2020, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I've brought these comments over here as it seems most appropriate, I'm not aware of a Henry and William relationship thread with their father.

I've done a quick google search on the topic, and can't come up with any information on the "throwing under the bus" Charles asked Bolland to do, particular in relation to his sons.

The two-part BBC documentary "Reinventing the Royals" touches on this. I admit that I was pretty surprised by what was presented. It includes interviews with PC's former press secretary Sandy Henney and author Penny Junor.

Old 05-23-2020, 12:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukari View Post
Found this 'interesting' old report in our 'beloved' DailyMail from 2007
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nion-Kate.html

Isn't it funny that 10 years later the same tabloids rehash the same headline only to swap the said brothers' names? I wonder whether those tabloids basically have some sort of 'templates of royal drama' and then just change the names overtime to make 'new report'.
I mean, I wouldn’t go nearly that far, but this is making me laugh, lol

Old 05-23-2020, 09:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukari View Post
Found this 'interesting' old report in our 'beloved' DailyMail from 2007
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nion-Kate.html

Isn't it funny that 10 years later the same tabloids rehash the same headline only to swap the said brothers' names? I wonder whether those tabloids basically have some sort of 'templates of royal drama' and then just change the names overtime to make 'new report'.
The big difference is that even after this breakup - in 2007 - they still took another three years before getting engaged.

From the time Harry made his comments to William's engagement was still a lot longer than from when Harry and Meghan met.
Old 05-23-2020, 10:12 PM
Majesty

As has been said before, not every couple, Royal or not, can afford the luxury of an eight year run up to marriage. In fact I'd say the vast majority of couples, unless they meet when they are very young, take much less time to wed. In some cases the time between meeting and marriage is incredibly short, but it still works out. Harry and Meghan met in May/June 2016 and married in May 2018, which I would regard as a reasonable amount of time to get to know each other, especially as they were living together from November 2017 to their wedding day on May 19th 2018.
Old Yesterday, 04:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
As has been said before, not every couple, Royal or not, can afford the luxury of an eight year run up to marriage. In fact I'd say the vast majority of couples, unless they meet when they are very young, take much less time to wed. In some cases the time between meeting and marriage is incredibly short, but it still works out. Harry and Meghan met in May/June 2016 and married in May 2018, which I would regard as a reasonable amount of time to get to know each other, especially as they were living together from November 2017 to their wedding day on May 19th 2018.
I am unclear why an 8 year run up is a luxury, some couples use that time to save up , depending on what age they met , to finish education, get their first home, job etc. Sometimes they just want to have fun before any serious stuff creeps in.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what path or how long that path is that people take if it is right for them, we are all different, make different choices.
With regards royal relationships , people can speculate all they like about a situation but once an engagement is announced everything changes, the press the public etc etc.

We can never be sure what the reasons for long or shorter courtships it is up to the couple themselves.
Old Yesterday, 05:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
I am unclear why an 8 year run up is a luxury, some couples use that time to save up , depending on what age they met , to finish education, get their first home, job etc. Sometimes they just want to have fun before any serious stuff creeps in.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what path or how long that path is that people take if it is right for them, we are all different, make different choices.
With regards royal relationships , people can speculate all they like about a situation but once an engagement is announced everything changes, the press the public etc etc.

We can never be sure what the reasons for long or shorter courtships it is up to the couple themselves.
True that Meg and Harry were not in the easiest position.. in that She was well into her 30s and if they wanted a family, they couldn't wait for years and years and years. All the same that was not anyones fault.. it was just the way it happened. The RF and the Press aren't to blame that they could ntot have an 8 year premarital relationship.
and while I don't believe that long courtships and living together before marriage necessarily make things better, all the same they are a bit of a help in giving a couple time to get to know each other and in M's case if she and H could have spent a year in the UK together, as a couple (whether they lived together or just spent more time together) they would have given her a chance to get to know the Uk. So she would have known more about day to day life and what the press was like and so on.
Old Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Serene Highness

deleted, wrong thread.

Tags
british royal family, princessanne, relationship, relationships, siblings