Relationships between Members of the British Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone for the most part will continue on with their lives. Families are complicated and the BRF are no different. I think with time they will settle in and it will be like whatever. I don't think their is hate there but sometimes people need to have space.

I don't expect Harry and Meghan to travel much in 2021 but later in the summer/fall that could change. And no doubt next year will be quite busy for everyone. A lot can happen in a year, so who knows.

That's so true ACO.

Anything can happen- William could be King by the end of the year.
The Prince of Wales is old in his 70s and every time I see the Queen in public it dawns on me that it could be the last time as she is very old and has lived long beyond the life expectancy of the average Briton.
Anything can happen!

That's so true ACO.

Anything can happen- William could be King by the end of the year.
The Prince of Wales is old in his 70s and every time I see the Queen in public it dawns on me that it could be the last time as she is very old and has lived long beyond the life expectancy of the average Briton.
Anything can happen!

It doesn't really matter. William is next in line to be Prince fo Wales, then in due course, King, and that's his destiny. He is clearly feeling a bit stressed at being left as the only relatively young member of the RF workers.. and I dont think that will change.

Apologies if this has been posted before but I just found an adorable clip of HM with her grandchildren at Balmoral in 1992.

Apologies if this has been posted before but I just found an adorable clip of HM with her grandchildren at Balmoral in 1992.

This is sooooo adorable !????

Who’s the cutie patootie on the pony William is leading ?

That's Beatrice. Anyway, I thought it was a nice reminder that they are a family who love each other as well as have difficulties.

That's Beatrice. Anyway, I thought it was a nice reminder that they are a family who love each other as well as have difficulties.
Thanks so much for posting this! HM was also talking to Eugenie who was teeny tiny and cute too:flowers:

That was super cute. And it was a nice reminder.

One of my favorite informal clips of the BRF featuring a super stylish young Princess Beatrice showing off her "red boots." Speaking of red, I'm stunned at how light Princess Eugenie's hair was at that age.

One of my favorite informal clips of the BRF featuring a super stylish young Princess Beatrice showing off her "red boots." Speaking of red, I'm stunned at how light Princess Eugenie's hair was at that age.

And almost throwing a tantrum when she realized that Zara and Harry were off and she couldn't go with them...

And almost throwing a tantrum when she realized that Zara and Harry were off and she couldn't go with them...
This was a close call but HM handled it like a pro!
This video was adorable. At this point, both Bea and Eugenie were mini-Sarahs, hair-wise.

Another one, mostly of Charles, William and Harry at Balmoral.

:ohmy: I can barely watch these clips. All the "genetic pain and suffering" on show is just too traumatising.

Gorgeous videos of what looks like a loving family It's a family many would wish to have. Playful and interactive.

I actually saw a few pictures on IG this weekend that I don't recall ever seeing before. Maybe I had and just didn't remember but they really were lovely to see and really showed the RF to be just like any other family. There were pictures of Peter tickling James' ears, Andrew playing with a young William, and Zara holding Mia and tugging on James' ear. I have to say, these kinds of pictures are always my favorites, it's lovely to see them in their more candid moments as a family.

I actually saw a few pictures on IG this weekend that I don't recall ever seeing before. Maybe I had and just didn't remember but they really were lovely to see and really showed the RF to be just like any other family. There were pictures of Peter tickling James' ears, Andrew playing with a young William, and Zara holding Mia and tugging on James' ear. I have to say, these kinds of pictures are always my favorites, it's lovely to see them in their more candid moments as a family.

Heath, may I ask where you saw them, a special account or by coincidence?
Txs.

Heath, may I ask where you saw them, a special account or by coincidence?
Txs.

The one of Zara and James was posted as a collection of photos celebrating Zara's birthday. I follow several royal-centric accounts so I'm not really sure which one posted it. The others I saw merely by coincidence. I believe one popped up in the selection IG picks for you when you go to the search feature. The other, I think, was a part of a collection of pictures of the BRF cousins together. All of them can be found by Googling, though.

Princess Margaret refused to speak to Princess Michael of Kent because she was a Catholic and a divorcee who had been allowed to marry into the royal family, documentary claims

Daily Mail

Margaret, was also reportedly 'furious' that a foreign-born divorcee had been allowed to marry into the royal family, particularly after she had been prevented from marrying divorced RAF officer Peter Townsend in 1953.

Speaking of Prince Michael's marriage to Marie-Christine, Viscountess Hitchingbrooke said: 'You can imagine this did not go down well with Princess Margaret, who was told by her own sister, Queen Elizabeth, that she couldn't marry a divorcee.

Meanwhile, royal expert Bidisha Mamata claimed Princess Anne, who was 28 when her mother's cousin married Princess Michael, was the first one to call her 'Princess Pushy.'

I wonder if Edward and Harry still talk after the Oprah Interview last year. Harry adored uncle Edward.

I wonder if Edward and Harry still talk after the Oprah Interview last year. Harry adored uncle Edward.

He did? I’ve never heard of any especially close bonding or warm affection between Harry and Edward, either while Harry was growing up or as an adult. It’s true though that Edward did make an effort to speak to Harry and Meghan at that extremely awkward last Commonwealth Day service which was the last royal duty the Sussexes performed in the UK before they left permanently for North America.

He did? I’ve never heard of any especially close bonding or warm affection between Harry and Edward, either while Harry was growing up or as an adult. It’s true though that Edward did make an effort to speak to Harry and Meghan at that extremely awkward last Commonwealth Day service which was the last royal duty the Sussexes performed in the UK before they left permanently for North America.
Wasn't it Harry that spoke of being so scared when his Aunt Sophy was so frightening ill after the birth of their daughter? I seem to recall that in an old interview while talking about a child's charity. Just a sentence he stated in passing but it struct me as sweet.

Wasn't it Harry that spoke of being so scared when his Aunt Sophy was so frightening ill after the birth of their daughter? I seem to recall that in an old interview while talking about a child's charity. Just a sentence he stated in passing but it struct me as sweet.

When Harry was eighteen? The later interview may have been about WellChild, the charity for very sick children he’s been involved in for many years.

Yes, I’m sure he and the Wessexes have been reasonably close and cordial with each other over the years, and that would encompass some worries the royal family felt about Sophie experiencing a traumatic childbirth and having a very ill baby daughter. Especially as it came not that many years after his own mother’s traumatic death. I don’t think I’ve ever read that Harry and Edward have been super close, though.

Last edited:
Closed for moderator review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom