The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-21-2019, 03:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Harry has brought William in an impossible situation:
If William says: No problems. - It can and will be seen as firefighting, as long as Harry doesn't say something similar.
If William says nothing, the speculations will continue.
If William say something that is equally open to interpretation as Harry's statement, the press will run amok! And so will this thread!
It basically takes something like Harry and William singing a duet in front of Buckingham Palace to rectify this mess!
Thanks Muhler for this. I've heard it said a few times that this whole "uproar" has turned into a soap opera between the brothers. Now I have a picture firmly embedded in my mind of William and Harry in front of Buckinham Palace turning the soap opera into a musical.

Old 10-21-2019, 03:47 PM
Administrator

Please note that when making statements that could be construde as being speculative without further details, a source for that information is required. Hearsay, assumptions and the like must be backed up with a source or link to an article so that it can be verified where such information came from.

Could members also please try to stick to the topic of the thread - in this case it relates to family relationships. There is another thread to discuss the recent documentary about Harry & Meghan and a further thread to discuss General News - let's not mix them up please.

Old 10-21-2019, 03:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
Where were the denials from William and Kate when there were months of stories about Meghan making Charlotte cry and being mean to Kate .

Loyalty is a two way street ....And keeping your mouth shut while the press tear your sister in law down is not the heroic or brotherly thing to do either .
That's different IMO.

These were stories backed up by... nothing, and not worth a comment anyway.
This is one of the main characters whose statement has opened up for genuine speculations that there really is a rift.
Old 10-21-2019, 04:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Where were the denials from William and Kate when there were months of stories about Meghan making Charlotte cry and being mean to Kate .

Loyalty is a two way street ....And keeping your mouth shut while the press tear your sister in law down is not the heroic or brotherly thing to do either .

If the BRF were to comment on any rumor that is spread about them in the press, the situation would quickly spiral out of control. That is why they never comment.

That should not be construed as lack of support for the Duchess of Sussex.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:03 PM
Courtier

He also said he loves his brother dearly; they are brothers and will always be.
and he'll always be there for William and knows that William will always be there for him.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:39 PM
Royal Highness

Where was William's brotherly concern when Meghan was getting dragged for months? He only made a statement because in certain parts of the Twitterverse House Cambridge is getting dragged for lack of response and compasion for his brother and his wife. That statement from William comes off as cold and more concern about his image of king in waiting.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:46 PM
Heir Apparent

I admit I feel sorry for William hasn't he just finished a tour? And instead of decompressing from that he has to deal with his brother stirring a fire that had died down. OTOP They way Harry responded to the question confirms the tabloid story and the tabloids will be empowered saying "see our unsourced story was right".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Where was William's brotherly concern when Meghan was getting dragged for months? He only made a statement because in certain parts of the Twitterverse House Cambridge is getting dragged for lack of response and compasion for his brother and his wife. That statement from William comes off as cold and more concern about his image of king in waiting.
You seem to think William's whole life revolves around Kate. Why should be focus on what his brother's wife is going through? Williams concern is Kate and his children; as has been stated in other places all royal ladies have faced negative press...when it happened to Kate William came to her rescue not Harry same when it happened to Camilla it was Charles who protected her, and rarely did any of them throw public tantrums and release statement after statement after statement. Remember when those photos of Kate in France sunbathing came out? Kate had to step out in public as soon as it was known; she kept her smile on her face when in private she was probably in tears. William and Kate pursued legal action released a statement (I believe one) and then moved on.
Every woman who married into this family has gone through negative press; how they deal with it will determine how they will be treated in the future. The way HnM are acting gives me the impression of Sarah Duchess of York
Old 10-21-2019, 10:21 PM
Nobility

I concur

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I have to disagree. IMO, William has done the right thing by not discussing a private matter with the press. It is not a matter of state or a matter that needs to be shared with the public. This is probably one of the biggest errors of judgement on Harry's part, IMO.
I to think it is one of Harry's biggest blunders. Private personal matter between royal brothers. He complains about all the harsh thing said about Megan and he discloses private matters and caused more speculation. I was watching CNN and they actually reported it. I don't think it healthy to disclose family matters and then complain about all the attention on poor Megan. Kate and her family had a horrible time with the press, family still does. I agree with people who have stated they have caused more ill feelings for them selves by their secrets with god parents, home birth, I don't even remember all the [things]. It's their right to do but accept the consequences. I think I'm confused, they just had a great tour and than this?
Old 10-22-2019, 04:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

If the royal family start denying every story in the tabloids it can open up a can of worms. as they will need to respond to every story. What if a story is based on a truth but embellished with 'lies', how do they respond to that. That is why never complain never explain is the mantra.
Also by responding to stories the fire is fulled and it encourages people to buy the papers.
Another general point is that a great deal of the stuff is on line, I am not sure how you deal with that.
posters on here go on about not encouraging the tabloids etc etc but they can tell you what is in the same tabloids. so maybe a wee bit of practice what you preach would help.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
It takes two sides to make a war and when war happens, there is collateral damage on both sides.

For the royal family (or spokespeople) to respond to a "fifth estate" story, even if its just a "no comment", it is recognition that the story exists and that, in and of itself, gives the story more "credence". The "never complain, never explain" keeps any kind of "warmongers" having only one side to a war. Their own.

The conundrum is that ignoring a spark in a barn full of hay leaves the potential for that barn to burn down and its quite hard to ignore a barn on fire.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post

That he didn’t leads to the uncomfortable possibility that Harry simply didn’t care about how his family would feel about the inevitable PR mess. Which leads to further speculation about just how well he is getting along with his family. Ugh.
In my view this runs deep. To me, it demonstrates:

> Harry clearly has not learnt lessons of the past (and more specifically, from Diana's experience) that putting out non-essential personal information never leads to anything positive. You do not need to be Diana' son, or a royal Prince to recognise that washing ones dirty linen in public is pretty bad form.

> Assuming Harry understood the implications of his actions, one can only assume that Harry neither cares for how his family might feel, nor does he seem to care to the damage his actions might have on "The Firm"

> What about the role of the expensive team of PR advisors and Managers that H&M have hired? Were they on-board with H&M making the statements that were made, or were they kept in the dark? If it is the former, perhaps that team needs to be fired and brought under the direct control of BP / CH or KP. If it is the latter, well, we have some bigger issues brewing!
Old 10-22-2019, 06:40 AM
Nobility

The fact that Harry has gone out of his way to support Catherine and William in public (even Meghan has said kind things about them) and neither of them can give a moment of support to the Sussexes says more about their character than anything else.

They couldn't even say any kind things when Archie was born other than welcome to sleep deprivation club.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:00 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaiSoSo View Post

The fact that Harry has gone out of his way to support Catherine and William in public (even Meghan has said kind things about them) and neither of them can give a moment of support to the Sussexes says more about their character than anything else.

They couldn't even say any kind things when Archie was born other than welcome to sleep deprivation club.

Thank You! I agree with you 100%.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

CNN’s Max Foster is reporting on...Harry’s words about his brother -
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/10/22/e...mpression=true

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-22-2019, 09:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think it's time the family have a big private meeting pronto. Figure out a way to handle all this.

It would do wonders if there could be some joint appearances (other than family holiday settings). Doesn't have to be all of them at one time....Meghan and Camilla, Sophie and Meghan, Anne and Meghan, Beatrice and Meghan, Sophie and Camilla etc. They all stay in their own 'boxes' too much IMO. It just lends to the idea of family disharmony.

If the Queen can parade Andrew beside her in a car to Church in the middle of serious (and possibly criminal) allegations as show of support surely there can be something arranged to help shore up the Sussexes.

LaRae
Old 10-22-2019, 09:13 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I think it's time the family have a big private meeting pronto. Figure out a way to handle all this.

It would do wonders if there could be some joint appearances (other than family holiday settings). Doesn't have to be all of them at one time....Meghan and Camilla, Sophie and Meghan, Anne and Meghan, Beatrice and Meghan, Sophie and Camilla etc. They all stay in their own 'boxes' too much IMO. It just lends to the idea of family disharmony.

If the Queen can parade Andrew beside her in a car to Church in the middle of serious (and possibly criminal) allegations as show of support surely there can be something arranged to help shore up the Sussexes.

LaRae
Yes, and they could maintain their “silence”. An appearance would do wonders to change the narrative, but it may be a case of too little, too late.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuchessMia View Post
Yes, and they could maintain their “silence”. An appearance would do wonders to change the narrative, but it may be a case of too little, too late.

For sure this should of been ongoing from day one...a few joint appearances a year would help things IMO..for all of them.

LaRae
Old 10-22-2019, 10:03 AM
Majesty

I've just been saying that on another site, Pranter. ..a joint engagement or two for Meghan with the Queen, with Charles and Camilla or William and Kate, would I'm sure have meant the world to Harry, and shown the Press that the RF had Meghan's back.

Instead we now have PR because the royal family can't be seen to be unfeeling. No, can't have that. Just inform media outlets about how worried and concerned you are when it's probably too late.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

LaRae
I wholeheartedly agree with you, Pranter. I’ve said something similar to this a while back. The family can get some control over this and show the Sussexes some public support. The silence and distance is helping fuel this stuff.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-22-2019, 10:58 AM
Heir Apparent

So many "close sources" all of a sudden on both sides have a lot to say. Sorry, not buying it. First William was furious and trying to prevent the clips from airing. Now he is oh so very concerned. They the brothers didn't speak. Now they have spoken. And now both sides seem to be updating. It is just all just too much clickbait for me and the papers are loving it while people eat it up.

Tags
british royal family, princessanne, relationship, relationships, siblings