The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-21-2019, 11:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Well, guess what? Siblings often have tensions between each other every now and then. Thatís just how the cookie crumbles. Harry didnít confirm a ďriftĒ, but he went to talk about their love and support of each other and that most of the stories about their relationship is made up. They have a bond and love that most people simply donít understand.

The press went on to spin his words and some people fell for the spin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
Yes- they do. All families do. But it didnít need to be discussed.

Harry did not say- yes, there is a rift. Fair enough. He failed to say- there is not a rift. And end it. Instead he rambled on about family issues- and acknowledged there are some. Make of it what you will. He opened the door. I canít blame the media for his poor word choices in this case. Yes- they love each other, etc. But he needlessly opened the door imo.

My point is- Harry didnít exercise good judgment with this. If he had to say something- say there isnít a rift. Simple. For whatever reason- he opted out of the simplest, shortest answer that gave the press nothing.
In my mind, it was unnecessary for Harry to be drawn on this subject. If unavoidable, he should have used the opportunity to deny there was any trouble between the brothers.

Old 10-21-2019, 12:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

He said mentioned that a lot of what people are saying about his relationship with his brother is made up. The brothers talked about the ups and downs of family relationships in the 2018 Royal Foundation Forum.

Also, why are people coming down so hard on Harry? Hell, William should be the one straightening out the rumors. His brother has been going through a lot in watching his wife being torn another hole for no good reason. William should be speaking up and show some support of his brother, instead of being so damn silent and allowing this couple to just be slammed from every corner. Their close, but hell, say a couple of syllables, William.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-21-2019, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

In addition to the points made above by muriel and Erin9, it was very wrong of Harry to make that kind of statement about his relationship with William--a statement that is open to interpretation, and did more to stir up speculation than it did to shut it down--without William's consent or without giving him a heads-up, which he could have done at any time in the weeks since the documentary was filmed. It apparently took the Cambridges advisors by surprise, and is IMO indefensible. Harry and Meghan are not the only people who have feelings or can be hurt.
Old 10-21-2019, 12:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

Hell, William should be the one straightening out the rumors. His brother has been going through a lot in watching his wife being torn another hole for no good reason. William should be speaking up and show some support of his brother, instead of being so damn silent and allowing this couple to just be slammed from every corner. Their close, but hell, say a couple of syllables, William.
I have to disagree. IMO, William has done the right thing by not discussing a private matter with the press. It is not a matter of state or a matter that needs to be shared with the public. This is probably one of the biggest errors of judgement on Harry's part, IMO.
Old 10-21-2019, 12:22 PM
Serene Highness

I find it hard to believe that in order for ITV / Bradby to get the access and interviews that the questions / topics were not run by and agreed to by the Sussexes. I don't think that Harry's response to the question about his relationship with William was particularly articulate but that was not due to Harry being unaware that the question would be asked IMO.
Old 10-21-2019, 12:49 PM
Aristocracy

Thumbs up Damn straight!!!!!

Quote:
He said mentioned that a lot of what people are saying about his relationship with his brother is made up. The brothers talked about the ups and downs of family relationships in the 2018 Royal Foundation Forum.

Also, why are people coming down so hard on Harry? Hell, William should be the one straightening out the rumors. His brother has been going through a lot in watching his wife being torn another hole for no good reason. William should be speaking up and show some support of his brother, instead of being so damn silent and allowing this couple to just be slammed from every corner. Their close, but hell, say a couple of syllables, William.
I think that is what Meghan was saying when nobody asked her how she was feeling. Meaning, the Royal family. This is a woman is having her first child, & the media went crazy with BS. Everyday there was at least 2 or 3 different stories. & It pretty much started after their Tour of the Common Wealth last year. Everything went Great( except 1, when meghan had to leave the market place. Because there wasn't enough of security). That tour went amazing, the crowds, the coverage, etc.... And then all of sudden after the tour all these stories started. Megahan, getting up early to start work( OMG, the nerve of her), making Kate or Charlotte cry during fittings for the wedding. After that they ( the Media) were off to the races.

I do believe that there was a lot of Backdoor stuff going on at the Palace. There was a reason why Meghan & Harry moved out. I don't want to here about not enough room, they offered a bigger place. The thing was to keep the brothers together, have them raise their families together, blah blah blah. It would look great for the Royal family. But, like the crap that went on back with Charles & his brothers back in the day. They same thing seems to be playing out. Meghan did not mention any names, but it is loud and clear. I think that all of this has hurt Harry also. I mean it is not hard to do, call your brother ask how they are doing, etc..... show your support. I don't blame them for keeping the media at arms length( & that is some of the reason why
a lot of this Stories bashing them is coming from) HM, won't invite them is, so they can't make their money off of them. They have been quite all spring & summer. Now it is there turn to tell their story, & they did the interview so, their words can't be turned around and such. Good for them
Old 10-21-2019, 12:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I have to disagree. IMO, William has done the right thing by not discussing a private matter with the press. It is not a matter of state or a matter that needs to be shared with the public. This is probably one of the biggest errors of judgement on Harry's part, IMO.
While I do admire Harry for being open and even showing his emotions (he wouldn't be Harry if he didn't emote), the question about his relationship with his brother was out of line and Harry shouldn't have responded to it in any way, shape or form. He did though and its hit the public domain like a bomb exploded and we're talking collateral damage.

One thing I realize though is the fact that *any* kind of a rift can only happen between people that are close enough to create a rift (wide open space) already existing between them.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Yes- they do. All families do. But it didnít need to be discussed.

Harry did not say- yes, there is a rift. Fair enough. He failed to say- there is not a rift. And end it. Instead he rambled on about family issues- and acknowledged there are some. Make of it what you will. He opened the door. I canít blame the media for his poor word choices in this case. Yes- they love each other, etc. But he needlessly opened the door imo.

My point is- Harry didnít exercise good judgment with this. If he had to say something- say there isnít a rift. Simple. For whatever reason- he opted out of the simplest, shortest answer that gave the press nothing.
True.
No royals will ever admit to there being a rift between family members, unless it's official or witnesses have seen them throwing axes at each other whenever they meet behind closed doors.
William and Harry are far from the only royal siblings about whom the press write there is a feud or at least a discord. That happens in most monarchies at least a couple of times a year. And the usual response officially and unofficially is: There are no problems.

Harry could have used that one. Should have used that one. But he didn't. So the logic conclusion is that there is some sort of tension between the brothers at some level.
That doesn't mean they have vowed never to be in the same room ever again, just some sort of discord.
Royals are human beings too, sometimes they argue.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther2000 View Post
I think that is what Meghan was saying when nobody asked her how she was feeling. Meaning, the Royal family. This is a woman is having her first child, & the media went crazy with BS. Everyday there was at least 2 or 3 different stories. & It pretty much started after their Tour of the Common Wealth last year. Everything went Great( except 1, when meghan had to leave the market place. Because there wasn't enough of security). That tour went amazing, the crowds, the coverage, etc.... And then all of sudden after the tour all these stories started. Megahan, getting up early to start work( OMG, the nerve of her), making Kate or Charlotte cry during fittings for the wedding. After that they ( the Media) were off to the races.
Actually, I saw that statement differently. With all that has been going on including all of the above that you've mentioned, I took her statement to mean that perhaps Tom Bradby was the first member of the press to actually ask her how she was. Other media outlets out there probably have been in her face yelling questions from all angles with the intent of getting their own stories and basically using Meghan and her life for their own intents without thinking of how it may affect her. They didn't care if she was OK or not.

That's what I got from it anyways. I didn't take it to mean that no one in the BRF gave a damn if she was OK or not or even if the public cared if she was OK or not. Too much focus on slants and innuendo and reading between the lines on everything and it seemed like all the talk was about an inanimate object rather than a feeling human being.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:11 PM
Nobility

Siblings love each other, but that doesn't mean they are always in love with each other and their actions. That's where Harry & William are right now. It's not Harry's job to constantly be a shield for William. He answered a question in the most diplomatic way possible. He didn't say he hated his brother. He just said...we're on different paths. If William wants people to think differently of his relationship with Harry, then William needs to do the work to change the narrative. Harry spoke his truth. It's out there. Ball is in William's court.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Listen -

Harry did nothing wrong in that interview. He didn’t confirm a “rift.” He praised his brother, their relationship and said that siblings have their ups and downs. Harry didn’t say anything that William haven’t discussed before in public.

So this idea that Harry said something very personal that he shouldn’t have is bogus. That didn’t happen.

The problem is people are following the media spin on Harry’s words and hitting Harry about it. That’s not fair.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-21-2019, 01:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuchessMia View Post
Siblings love each other, but that doesn't mean they are always in love with each other and their actions. That's where Harry & William are right now. It's not Harry's job to constantly be a shield for William. He answered a question in the most diplomatic way possible. He didn't say he hated his brother. He just said...we're on different paths. If William wants people to think differently of his relationship with Harry, then William needs to do the work to change the narrative. Harry spoke his truth. It's out there. Ball is in William's court.
Iím afraid at least in the British press, the ball will be in the Sussexesí court for a long time to come. This interview was a massive Ďown goalí as itís being described in Britain
Old 10-21-2019, 01:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I really wish people would stop stating opinions as facts in this thread, it's really making the whole discussion very confusing.

We all watched the same documentary, what was said was said. What people took from it is their interpretation.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Actually, I saw that statement differently. With all that has been going on including all of the above that you've mentioned, I took her statement to mean that perhaps Tom Bradby was the first member of the press to actually ask her how she was. Other media outlets out there probably have been in her face yelling questions from all angles with the intent of getting their own stories and basically using Meghan and her life for their own intents without thinking of how it may affect her. They didn't care if she was OK or not.

That's what I got from it anyways. I didn't take it to mean that no one in the BRF gave a damn if she was OK or not or even if the public cared if she was OK or not. Too much focus on slants and innuendo and reading between the lines on everything and it seemed like all the talk was about an inanimate object rather than a feeling human being.

Yes, I see that also. Some of my post got deleted by mistake. new computer & I have to get used to this key board.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I really wish people would stop stating opinions as facts in this thread, it's really making the whole discussion very confusing.

We all watched the same documentary, what was said was said. What people took from it is their interpretation.
I agree. As well as stating things not in evidence but are purely personal opinion about other members of the Royal Family based on what various posters think members of the BRF should have done.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Listen -

Harry did nothing wrong in that interview. He didnít confirm a ďrift.Ē He praised his brother, their relationship and said that siblings have their ups and downs. Harry didnít say anything that William havenít discussed before in public.

So this idea that Harry said something very personal that he shouldnít have is bogus. That didnít happen.

The problem is people are following the media spin on Harryís words and hitting Harry about it. Thatís not fair.
I mean it echoes exactly what both William and Harry said at the Forum in '18 too.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:42 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
But- thatís your interpretation of what he said and meant. And thatís the problem. Harry opened a can of worms. He brought all this back into the public realm. And he failed to shut it down by the words he chose.

His hesitating before responding spoke volumes imo. Him saying theyíre on different paths right now seemed telling, talking about how there are always issues in a pressure- filled family/business like theirs, they have good days/bad days. He invited further speculation, conclusions for people to draw.

I donít take it to mean theyíre estranged. But it was an acknowledgement of tensions imo.
How large or small- who knows. Families have issues- true. But- he opened a door I assume the family would prefer remained shut.

He needed to either make it a condition that the subject not come up- or simply say- there is no rift. The end.

Exactly, the speculations are in full swing:
Prince William is 'worried' about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle and hopes they 'are all right' as royal aides fear the couple are 'in a fragile place' in wake of ITV documentary

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...an-Markle.html
Old 10-21-2019, 03:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, the purpose of this whole thread is to speculate about the relationships within the BRF - based on available information.
It can't be anything else as few, if any, of us are privy to first hand info.

So going along these lines of speculation: If there is no discord, for a lack of a better word, between William and Harry, and Harry didn't mean to even hint that possibility, where is the clarification? Either from the court or Harry or even William themselves.
Clarifications are issued all the time by pretty much everybody else, so why not in this case? Before speculations in the pres take over. Especially as the Suffolks in particular have a somewhat - strained - relationship to the press these days and not least because their public image (also in other countries) have begun to show cracks.

Following the course of logic: Harry did not categorically deny there is a strain of some sort between him and William. Ergo, even to an unbiased observer, the idea that there is a rift, will move from unlikely to a plausible possibility.
And as long as that thought is hanging out there, unopposed by the BRF, this thread will remain very active!

Harry has brought William in an impossible situation:
If William says: No problems. - It can and will be seen as firefighting, as long as Harry doesn't say something similar.
If William says nothing, the speculations will continue.
If William say something that is equally open to interpretation as Harry's statement, the press will run amok! And so will this thread!
It basically takes something like Harry and William singing a duet in front of Buckingham Palace to rectify this mess!

Okay, let's for the sake of argument say there is a row between the brothers. I'm sure each of us can easily list five or six possible reasons for that, before pausing for breath.
But why oh why, would Harry open his mouth and even hint that there could be such a row?
To me the most obvious answer (and yes, it's pure speculation) is loyalty. Both brothers have families now and that's where their first loyalty lies.
Harry is under pressure. He feels under pressure I'm sure! And even worse he must feel pretty powerless as well.
In such a situation you tend to see things in black and white. Even the most experienced person can end up in that situation, where things become black and white. And in that state of mind people often tend to say: If you don't see my point of view, you are against me!
Even if those trying to advise you, only have your best interests in mind. After all you tend to lash out at those nearest and dearest to you, when you hurt inside. They are the easiest ones to hit...
Old 10-21-2019, 03:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Well, the purpose of this whole thread is to speculate about the relationships within the BRF - based on available information.
It can't be anything else as few, if any, of us are privy to first hand info.

So going along these lines of speculation: If there is no discord, for a lack of a better word, between William and Harry, and Harry didn't mean to even hint that possibility, where is the clarification? Either from the court or Harry or even William themselves.
Clarifications are issued all the time by pretty much everybody else, so why not in this case? Before speculations in the pres take over. Especially as the Suffolks in particular have a somewhat - strained - relationship to the press these days and not least because their public image (also in other countries) have begun to show cracks.

Following the course of logic: Harry did not categorically deny there is a strain of some sort between him and William. Ergo, even to an unbiased observer, the idea that there is a rift, will move from unlikely to a plausible possibility.
And as long as that thought is hanging out there, unopposed by the BRF, this thread will remain very active!

Harry has brought William in an impossible situation:
If William says: No problems. - It can and will be seen as firefighting, as long as Harry doesn't say something similar.
If William says nothing, the speculations will continue.
If William say something that is equally open to interpretation as Harry's statement, the press will run amok! And so will this thread!
It basically takes something like Harry and William singing a duet in front of Buckingham Palace to rectify this mess!

Okay, let's for the sake of argument say there is a row between the brothers. I'm sure each of us can easily list five or six possible reasons for that, before pausing for breath.
But why oh why, would Harry open his mouth and even hint that there could be such a row?
To me the most obvious answer (and yes, it's pure speculation) is loyalty. Both brothers have families now and that's where their first loyalty lies.
Harry is under pressure. He feels under pressure I'm sure! And even worse he must feel pretty powerless as well.
In such a situation you tend to see things in black and white. Even the most experienced person can end up in that situation, where things become black and white. And in that state of mind people often tend to say: If you don't see my point of view, you are against me!
Even if those trying to advise you, only have your best interests in mind. After all you tend to lash out at those nearest and dearest to you, when you hurt inside. They are the easiest ones to hit...

Where were the denials from William and Kate when there were months of stories about Meghan making Charlotte cry and being mean to Kate .

Loyalty is a two way street ....And keeping your mouth shut while the press tear your sister in law down is not the heroic or brotherly thing to do either .
Old 10-21-2019, 03:36 PM
Majesty

Prince William is reportedly "worried about Harry and Meghan" after the African documentary.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50128683

Tags
british royal family, princessanne, relationship, relationships, siblings