The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-07-2019, 11:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

I’m just stating that the family can show their support for her. Remaining silent and not being seen with Meghan is reinforcing the outside forces narrative that this couple is alone and it’s letting us know (or at least me) that they really don’t care about what Meghan is being put through. That she deserve this campaign launched against her.

So, now that, Meghan, is off of maternity leave, I think we should see some family love around here.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-08-2019, 01:04 AM
Heir Apparent

So the four of them release a campaign video together and in the same night we have a reporter saying William has "dropped his brother like hot bricks" while also saying Meghan should fix her relationship with her dad but not William with his brother? My head is spinning.

Sorry if I am not quick to believe Palmer as he is the same man who was made to look a fool cause he used Samantha Markle as a source and she purposely lied to prove a point and he fell right for it. Also Palmer has been called out on his errors plenty as of late.

So do I think there is tension with the brothers? Yes but I also think Palmer is looking for clicks and doing what the press does.

Old 10-08-2019, 01:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
So the four of them release a campaign video together and in the same night we have a reporter saying William has "dropped his brother like hot bricks" while also saying Meghan should fix her relationship with her dad but not William with his brother? My head is spinning.

Sorry if I am not quick to believe Palmer as he is the same man who was made to look a fool cause he used Samantha Markle as a source and she purposely lied to prove a point and he fell right for it. Also Palmer has been called out on his errors plenty as of late.

So do I think there is tension with the brothers? Yes but I also think Palmer is looking for clicks and doing what the press does.
I donít know whatís gotten into that man lately. Itís so unlike him to do what heís doing.

We should be seeing some family love and less distance; especially during this time. Meghanís father side of the family have betrayed her. Her mother lives all the way in California. The only family she have near her in the U.K. is Harry, Archie and the royal family. So her in-laws should be rallying around her, instead of remaining so silent and distant in the face of this smear campaign.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-08-2019, 01:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

She herself dropped her family for some reason ... who knows but there are many rumours.

The BRF welcomed her with open arms but they aren't being supportive of her and Harry, publicly now. Why not? We will probably never know but the fact that not one of them have spoken out in support suggests that she and/or Harry is doing something wrong in their eyes.

Families don't have to support each other all the time. Families fall out all the time, all over the world. Why should be BRF be any different?

If they aren't showing 'love' there will be a reason. They aren't a fairytale - they are real people. They know Meghan and Harry. We don't. We shouldn't try and expect them to behave as if they always are lovey dovey with each other when, like other families, they will argue, fight, support each other etc. When someone stuffs up they will let them know and when someone does something well they will let them know.

I do see the lack of public support as a sign of a lack of private support as well. If the rumours are true that Harry didn't even consult with The Queen, Charles or William then that would explain why they aren't coming out and supporting him now.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Meghan had no relationship with her family long before she was in the royal circle. People trying to connect the two is weird to me especially when even now Thomas is talking to the tabloids apparently admitting he hasn't physically seen her since 2015. It is hardly difficult to understand why she keeps her distance. Not all families are close. If you are bless with a stable, loving family then that is amazing. Not all are that lucky.

I remember in 2016 when Harry's first statement came out all the papers proclaiming William did not approve and was against Harry defending his girlfriend. Then William had to release a statement in support. I don't see that happening now other than Palmer's random quote. But I would imagine Palmer is trying to provoke another reaction from either William or Charles.

We shall see how it plays out but it appears the media are trying to pit the family against each other. Definitely will sell more papers this way. I expect a lot more of this Harry vs William to come since Meghan vs Kate has fallen flat.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I also agree with Dman. There are things that the other royals could have done to be much more supportive, and high on the list IMO would be some subtle and not so subtle hints privately to the outside forces to just back off this 'new member of our family'. It's been done successfully in the past, why not now?

Not much point in my view in supporting people privately if you aren't prepared to do something to help one who is under constant attack. A joint engagement or two in the next month might not come amiss either.
I totally agree and am actually starting to believe to gossip about
William not being too keen on Harry and Her and if so, his opinion hasn't changed as he has done absolutely nothing to give the appearance that he even likes her let alone approves. Especially when you look at how Harry went out of his way to let everyone see he liked and approved of his brother's choice.
Ah but there are already clips online stating the Yorks don't want the Sussexes anywhere near Beatrice's wedding . . . yada, yada, yada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Iím just stating that the family can show their support for her. Remaining silent and not being seen with Meghan is reinforcing the outside forces narrative that this couple is alone and itís letting us know (or at least me) that they really donít care about what Meghan is being put through. That she deserves this campaign launched against her.

So, now that, Meghan, is off of maternity leave, I think we should see some family love around here.
I am definitely disappointed in the younger generation. HM and even Prince Charles and Princess Anne for that matter are generational of the never complain, never explain and it works for that generation. They write letters and even though Camilla has lightened Charles up and he smiles very genuinely at Meghan and Harry, there just aren't enough occasions when we see them all together.

The younger generation know how it is done via media, pics at the polo or the horse show, etc. But they have made no move to share that private/public time with Harry and Meghan and now they are starting on Meghan "stealing Eugenie's thunder" because of her pregnancy. To me it seems they are definitely on their own.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
There's another way to look at this too. When we look at the lawsuits, themselves, what jumps out at us is that these lawsuits are aimed at one aspect of their public life. The press. The royal reporters, such as Richard Palmer, work for said press.

I've seen over and over where a lot of people believe that the Queen, Charles, William among others should somehow show their support for what Harry and Meghan are now going through by releasing some kind of statement of support. Now, think about it. Should these people issue a statement, who is going to pick up on it and deliver it to the general public. The press and the royal reporters that work for said press. Perhaps the BRF solidarity is not giving the press and inch to make a mile with as they've been proven to do.

Other than the announcement of the lawsuit against the Mail On Sunday and Harry's heartfelt statement, there has been *nothing* whatsoever that is coming out from the palaces, the personal and public social media accounts or even a statement dropped here or there regarding this. The press, however is all over it and doing with it what they do best. Getting the public in an uproar over how the BRF is "acting".

To me, this has the kind of feeling from the press that we saw in the aftermath of Diana's death that was aimed at the Queen. Ye olde "show us you care" kind of bleating from the press in screaming letters. With no response from the BRF, the thinking is then again aimed to how *awful* the BRF are and there's some kind of inside familial war going on. This is what the press wants you to focus on and wants you to talk about. Not how awful and degrading and pushing their own agendas that has been happening for far too long.

Perhaps we're not seeing the solidarity of the entire BRF as a silent and strong wall against these stories because they're staying strong, staying together and not giving an inch and doing what they do best. Continuing their public roles, never explaining or complaining and let the lawsuits speak for themselves from here on out.

Lets face it. We only get our information on all this from the press and they're not really in good favor right now and *need* to redirect attention from what the MoS is facing and the group action suit against the others. Remember too when Diana died, it was the Queen that personally aired a speech honoring her. I don't believe she'd do this because of a lawsuit. In fact, I'd not be surprised if attorneys have actually advised the BRF to keep quiet about all this and let the justice system do their jobs.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:25 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

The BRF welcomed her with open arms but they aren't being supportive of her and Harry, publicly now. Why not? We will probably never know but the fact that not one of them have spoken out in support suggests that she and/or Harry is doing something wrong in their eyes.

Families don't have to support each other all the time. Families fall out all the time, all over the world. Why should be BRF be any different?

If they aren't showing 'love' there will be a reason. They aren't a fairytale - they are real people. They know Meghan and Harry. We don't. We shouldn't try and expect them to behave as if they always are lovey dovey with each other when, like other families, they will argue, fight, support each other etc. When someone stuffs up they will let them know and when someone does something well they will let them know.

I do see the lack of public support as a sign of a lack of private support as well. If the rumours are true that Harry didn't even consult with The Queen, Charles or William then that would explain why they aren't coming out and supporting him now.
I tend to broadly agree with you. Some thoughts:

> Personally, I do not see why the family have to publicly support H&M in any way in relation to the lawsuits. Support can and should be private, IMO. The family does not put out public statements typically in similar situations.

> Perhaps the family do not approve of the lawsuit or the way H&M are conducting themselves. Whilst the Queen, Charles and William are family to H&M, in a hierarchical organisation, they are also the "Bosses". Therefore, the relationship between H&M and the Queen, Charles and William is not just familial, but also "professional", and it is entirely possible the "Bosses" disagree with or disapprove of some of what or how H&M have done some things, whatever they may be.

> If it is true, as rumoured, that the Queen, Charles and William were only informed shortly before or worse, after the publication of the public statement from Harry, I can see grounds for displeasure.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I tend to broadly agree with you. Some thoughts:

> Personally, I do not see why the family have to publicly support H&M in any way in relation to the lawsuits. Support can and should be private, IMO. The family does not put out public statements typically in similar situations.

> Perhaps the family do not approve of the lawsuit or the way H&M are conducting themselves. Whilst the Queen, Charles and William are family to H&M, in a hierarchical organisation, they are also the "Bosses". Therefore, the relationship between H&M and the Queen, Charles and William is not just familial, but also "professional", and it is entirely possible the "Bosses" disagree with or disapprove of some of what or how H&M have done some things, whatever they may be.

> If it is true, as rumoured, that the Queen, Charles and William were only informed shortly before or worse, after the publication of the public statement from Harry, I can see grounds for displeasure.
These are good points, but the one that especially giving me food for thought is the last one. The odd timing of the release of the letter and announcement of the lawsuit (yes, I know that apparently it was done to make sure the suit was heard in a favorable court) which could be seen as unprofessional since it came before the end of the official tour, had all the signs that BP and CH were taken by surprise. That does seem to point to the fact that the Sussexes had not consulted with "the bosses" in advance, about the letter and perhaps the timing of the annnouncement of the suit. The lack of any kind of official statement that definitely squashed that speculation would seem to corroborate the notion that it all came as a bit of a surprise.

I really don't know what to make of all this, but when you consider it in conjunction with other decisions that the Sussexes have made over the last year and a half, it is beginning to seem as though there is a definite pattern emerging, and I'm also beginning to wonder if it is sustainable in the long term. If the working members of the BRF are "The Firm," you cannot have members of a firm who don't work within the rules of the organization, and one of those rules has always been that you don't blindside the Queen and now Prince Charles. We have no idea if that is what happened, but some of this does seems suggestive that that is exactly what may have occurred.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:49 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
These are good points, but the one that especially giving me food for thought is the last one. The odd timing of the release of the letter and announcement of the lawsuit (yes, I know that apparently it was done to make sure the suit was heard in a favorable court) which could be seen as unprofessional since it came before the end of the official tour, had all the signs that BP and CH were taken by surprise. That does seem to point to the fact that the Sussexes had not consulted with "the bosses" in advance, about the letter and perhaps the timing of the annnouncement of the suit. The lack of any kind of official statement that definitely squashed that speculation would seem to corroborate the notion that it all came as a bit of a surprise.

I really don't know what to make of all this, but when you consider it in conjunction with other decisions that the Sussexes have made over the last year and a half, it is beginning to seem as though there is a definite pattern emerging, and I'm also beginning to wonder if it is sustainable in the long term. If the working members of the BRF are "The Firm," you cannot have members of a firm who don't work within the rules of the organization, and one of those rules has always been that you don't blindside the Queen and now Prince Charles. We have no idea if that is what happened, but some of this does seems suggestive that that is exactly what may have occurred.
I think that is right. Habitually stepping outside "the rules" is not going to be looked upon favourably by the "Bosses" ad infinitum. Then again, none of us really know what is actually going on, and to that extent, this is speculation.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
When William and Catherine decided to pursue the Closer suit over the nude pix did any other member of the RF issue a public statement?
When Charles sued over publication of his letters did anyone else issue a statement in support?
I donít recall any statements in support in similar situations, and more importantly, I donít recall any hand wringing over their absence.
To me this is just a press gambit trying to stir up more controversy ala Ďsee, the important royals agree w/ us.í
When a suit has been filed most lawyers tell their clients to zip it, thus I distinguish Williamís support of Harryís statement regarding dating Meghan as no lawsuit was involved.
The reference to privately funding the suit was most likely to derail claims they were misusing taxpayersí money.

Harry did actually speak up for Kate during his first pregnancy. During one of his Afghanistan interviews he said he hoped and wished the press would give her the space and privacy she deserves to enjoy her pregnancy and baby.

There was another instance as well but I am forgetting the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I think that is right. Habitually stepping outside "the rules" is not going to be looked upon favourably by the "Bosses" ad infinitum. Then again, none of us really know what is actually going on, and to that extent, this is speculation.
I am very curious about what rules people feel Harry and Meghan have "habitually" stepped out of it?

All this hand wringing about them not doing whatever it is they are not doing. It just reminds me of how some, in 2013, felt similar about William and Kate.

It just goes back to my point. Harry and Meghan get pillared, even more than the baseline level we should expect that happens to all royals, for things that other members of the family have also done or been said to do.

If the family isn't behind Harry and Meghan, I feel that is more damning on the family then it is on Harry and Meghan. And it wouldn't shock me if that blows back on the family in the long run.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
Harry did actually speak up for Kate during his first pregnancy. During one of his Afghanistan interviews he said he hoped and wished the press would give her the space and privacy she deserves to enjoy her pregnancy and baby.

There was another instance as well but I am forgetting the details.
There is one major difference that I'm seeing from where I'm sitting when it comes to members of the BRF speaking up for other members of the BRF such as you mention with the Afghanistan interview and William backing Harry when he first made a public statement at the beginning of his relationship with Meghan.

The difference? None of these instances involved lawsuits and lawyers and court cases. I think that's something we may need to consider here.

Just a thought.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
If the family isn't behind Harry and Meghan, I feel that is more damning on the family then it is on Harry and Meghan. And it wouldn't shock me if that blows back on the family in the long run.
And as far as this lack of public support hurting the Firm in the long run, I’d have to take issue with that. Once you remove all the People Magazine and Good Morning America ‘hype’ the Sussexes are constitutionally irrelevant. If the monarchy was a popularity contest William would be the next king.

Sometimes silence speaks volumes and i think the Firm’s lack of public support tells us all we need to know.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
And as far as this lack of public support hurting the Firm in the long run, Iíd have to take issue with that. Once you remove all the People Magazine and Good Morning America Ďhypeí the Sussexes are constitutionally irrelevant. If the monarchy was a popularity contest William would be the next king.

Sometimes silence speaks volumes and i think the Firmís lack of public support tells us all we need to know.
I wasn't saying anything about popularity . And the dig about GMA or People is ridiculous especially since those same shows and magazine RAVE about the Cambridges too.

The family receiving blow back for how they are perceived to treat members of it, no matter how constitutionally important they are or not, is a reality that has precedent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
There is one major difference that I'm seeing from where I'm sitting when it comes to members of the BRF speaking up for other members of the BRF such as you mention with the Afghanistan interview and William backing Harry when he first made a public statement at the beginning of his relationship with Meghan.

The difference? None of these instances involved lawsuits and lawyers and court cases. I think that's something we may need to consider here.

Just a thought.
Very possible, but my read of Dman's post was more general support, pre-lawsuit? Perhaps I was wrong on that front.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
She herself dropped her family for some reason ... who knows but there are many rumours.
Oh please, after the public behavior of her paternal family over the past few years you are blaming Meghan for the estrangement? Wow.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

Really, Iluvbertie? It seems the family had no problem quickly rallying around Prince Andrew after his accuser publicly called him out for allegedly having sex with her in Jeffery Epstein’s sex trafficking ring. We quickly got pictures of Andrew accompanying The Queen to church. The whole family were pictured in the cars, smiling from ear to ear and showing all their big Windsor teeth in the face of Jeffery’s death and Giuffre speaking out. They rallied around him twice since then. Which is why the outside forces aren’t all that upset over the allegations. The family is letting everyone know (including the outside forces) that they’re behind him 1000%.

Now, I know these cases are vastly different, but the lack of family support shown towards, Meghan, isn’t saying that she and Harry are doing something wrong. They’re not. It’s saying to all of us royal watchers that they really don’t care about the smear campaign that’s been launched against her. It’s like they’re leaving her out in the cold and leaving her venerable for the outside forces to attack her to their hearts desire. Something they wouldn’t do if this was happening to Camila or Catherine.

What kind of family would do?

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-08-2019, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
There's another way to look at this too. When we look at the lawsuits, themselves, what jumps out at us is that these lawsuits are aimed at one aspect of their public life. The press. The royal reporters, such as Richard Palmer, work for said press.

I've seen over and over where a lot of people believe that the Queen, Charles, William among others should somehow show their support for what Harry and Meghan are now going through by releasing some kind of statement of support. Now, think about it. Should these people issue a statement, who is going to pick up on it and deliver it to the general public. The press and the royal reporters that work for said press. Perhaps the BRF solidarity is not giving the press and inch to make a mile with as they've been proven to do.

Other than the announcement of the lawsuit against the Mail On Sunday and Harry's heartfelt statement, there has been *nothing* whatsoever that is coming out from the palaces, the personal and public social media accounts or even a statement dropped here or there regarding this. The press, however is all over it and doing with it what they do best. Getting the public in an uproar over how the BRF is "acting".

To me, this has the kind of feeling from the press that we saw in the aftermath of Diana's death that was aimed at the Queen. Ye olde "show us you care" kind of bleating from the press in screaming letters. With no response from the BRF, the thinking is then again aimed to how *awful* the BRF are and there's some kind of inside familial war going on. This is what the press wants you to focus on and wants you to talk about. Not how awful and degrading and pushing their own agendas that has been happening for far too long.

Perhaps we're not seeing the solidarity of the entire BRF as a silent and strong wall against these stories because they're staying strong, staying together and not giving an inch and doing what they do best. Continuing their public roles, never explaining or complaining and let the lawsuits speak for themselves from here on out.

Lets face it. We only get our information on all this from the press and they're not really in good favor right now and *need* to redirect attention from what the MoS is facing and the group action suit against the others. Remember too when Diana died, it was the Queen that personally aired a speech honoring her. I don't believe she'd do this because of a lawsuit. In fact, I'd not be surprised if attorneys have actually advised the BRF to keep quiet about all this and let the justice system do their jobs.
This is a great post! And makes a lot of sense to me. I think after the hysteria surrounding Diana's death, the BRF decided they were not going to be bullied by the press like that again.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
The kind of family that has been asked by Harry and Meghan, themselves, to not play into the scenario in public via the press due to advice from their lawyers that are handling the court cases.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Really, Iluvbertie? It seems the family had no problem quickly rallying around Prince Andrew after his accuser publicly called him out for allegedly having sex with her in Jeffery Epsteinís sex trafficking ring. We quickly got pictures of Andrew accompanying The Queen to church. The whole family were pictured in the cars, smiling from ear to ear and showing all their big Windsor teeth in the face of Jefferyís death and Giuffre speaking out. They rallied around him twice since then. Which is why the outside forces arenít all that upset over the allegations. The family is letting everyone know (including the outside forces) that theyíre behind him 1000%.

Now, I know these cases are vastly different, but the lack of family support shown towards, Meghan, isnít saying that she and Harry are doing something wrong. Theyíre not. Itís saying to all of us royal watchers that they really donít care about the smear campaign thatís been launched against her. Itís like theyíre leaving her out in the cold and leaving her venerable for the outside forces to attack her to their hearts desire. Something they wouldnít do if this was happening to Camila or Catherine.

I'm sure Harry & Meghan had the opportunity to visit with the Queen and or Charles in Scotland and be seen going to church with them as well, but they did not go up to Scotland to visit them. Don't put that on the Queen or Charles.

I don't recall statements of support for Catherine when the press was being hateful to her the first years after the wedding--and they were vicious. Go back and read some of the threads from that time.

And BTW, a comment about Catherine during an interview about other things, probably because Harry was asked a question about her pregnancy, is not the same a formal statement of support.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Now, I know these cases are vastly different, but the lack of family support shown towards, Meghan, isnít saying that she and Harry are doing something wrong. Theyíre not. Itís saying to all of us royal watchers that they really donít care about the smear campaign thatís been launched against her. Itís like theyíre leaving her out in the cold and leaving her venerable for the outside forces to attack her to their hearts desire. Something they wouldnít do if this was happening to Camila or Catherine.

I know you feel very strongly about this, but my sense is there is a reason none of the outwards support you are seeking for Meghan is not forthcoming. In my mind it could be:

a) forthcoming shortly, and possibly delayed due to Meghan's maternity leave;

b) a measured decision to not necessarily get involved in the matter, as the legal process is underway;

c) perhaps displeasure from the "Bosses" of the BRF (i.e., the Queen, Charles and William) as M&H have possibly gone against their advice in a number of areas; or

d) a breakdown in family relations for whatever reason, with H&M being isolated from the others.

Standing as we are, it is difficult to tell what is driving these decisions, and we can only make educated guesses. That said, to me, it will have taken quite a lot of provocation for d) to happen as the family appear to have privately supported Harry through a number of his earlier tribulations (smoking cannibis or some other drug whilst a teenager, dressing in a Nazi uniform, getting pictured naked whilst in Vegas, entering into a fracas with the press when inebriated outside a nightclub....), and I suspect they continue to support him.

Tags
british royal family, princessanne, relationship, relationships, siblings