The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-01-2019, 12:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinking View Post
Can we stop already? I thought this forum was based on fact? Now we have this? Who is the source, according to Quora it is written by someone named Graham Short who presents himself as Micro-artist - European swimming champion - Public speaker. What are his sources? He is a journalist, an member of the BRF? Quora, a question-and-answer website where questions are asked, answered, and edited by Internet users in the form of opinions is now a source here. Nothing is vetted, sources are basically anybody on the internet?
Based on fact?? Here?? Come on... most people either post the DM or whatever tabloid or they vent their own thoughts based on nothing but emotions and when anyone here dares to become critical of them they are told itís ďfree speechĒ.

There is nothing in this comment that hasnít been voiced by people here and according to the comments he knows people who work for the BRF. That makes this person about as reliable as plenty of journalists out there.

Old 07-01-2019, 01:52 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
Based on fact?? Here?? Come on... most people either post the DM or whatever tabloid or they vent their own thoughts based on nothing but emotions and when anyone here dares to become critical of them they are told itís ďfree speechĒ.

There is nothing in this comment that hasnít been voiced by people here and according to the comments he knows people who work for the BRF. That makes this person about as reliable as plenty of journalists out there.
Whilst I agree with you that the Daily Mail is not fact, they make every effort in their articles to state that. It's always sources, information, rumours etc. If they stated what they claimed as fact they'd be sued on a daily basis.

The Quora comment, the writer is stating everything as fact and not their own opinion. He quite clearly writes

"William sat Harry down for what was meant to be a brotherly chat, during which he advised him to take things slowly with Meghan.

William told his brother they knew nothing about her background, her intentions or what she was really like. He just wanted to stress that becoming part of the royal family is a massive undertaking, and the pressure and scrutiny is unrelenting. He asked Harry if Meghan was the right one."

Unless this person was in the house at the time this occurred, or is friends (and can prove) with William and or the RF there is no possible way he can know these things so asserting them as fact is misrepresentation in my eyes which is not what this forum is about. So frankly he is about as unreliable as the journalists.

Old 07-01-2019, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Whilst I agree with you that the Daily Mail is not fact, they make every effort in their articles to state that. It's always sources, information, rumours etc. If they stated what they claimed as fact they'd be sued on a daily basis......

The Quora comment, the writer is stating everything as fact and not their own opinion.......
Unless this person was in the house at the time this occurred, or is friends (and can prove) with William and or the RF there is no possible way he can know these things so asserting them as fact is misrepresentation in my eyes which is not what this forum is about. So frankly he is about as unreliable as the journalists.
In some ways even more damaging and unreliable than the journalists, because, as you pointed out, at least the reporters for DM and similar give an indication of where or how they might have heard something. This all reads as fantasy, and it is exactly the kind of thing I have seen repeated on royal blogs as fact over and over again until a significant number of people think it actually is a fact--as we've seen over and over on this forum.
Old 07-01-2019, 03:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Whilst I agree with you that the Daily Mail is not fact, they make every effort in their articles to state that. It's always sources, information, rumours etc. If they stated what they claimed as fact they'd be sued on a daily basis.

The Quora comment, the writer is stating everything as fact and not their own opinion. He quite clearly writes

"William sat Harry down for what was meant to be a brotherly chat, during which he advised him to take things slowly with Meghan.

William told his brother they knew nothing about her background, her intentions or what she was really like. He just wanted to stress that becoming part of the royal family is a massive undertaking, and the pressure and scrutiny is unrelenting. He asked Harry if Meghan was the right one."

Reading this latest "truth" on the brother's split reminds me so very much of reading Katie Nicholl's book that came out around the time of the Cambridge's wedding where she states as fact that it was on a private, romantic picnic in Africa after the couple were reunited, that they pledged to marry each other someday.

Did Nicholl morph into the proverbial ant at the picnic to glean this information? I don't think so. It smacks of pure fabrication and hearsay as does this bit of information from Quora. Everybody wants to eat up and pig out on personal tidbits about the private lives of people and there's always someone out there willing to bake the pie and throw whatever ingredients into it to make it more appealing.

Personally, I'll call it hogwash.
Old 07-01-2019, 03:20 PM
Royal Highness

Maybe everyone who reports these highly private chats can literally turn themselves into bugs like the "journalist" in Harry Potter.

Rumours get repeated until they become fact, we've seen that over and over. Half the things, even long standing things, we think we know about royals interpersonal relationship have never been more than rumours. Posters on this forum itself even gets quoted in articles sometimes. Quora is about as reliable as a Wikipedia page when it comes to famous people.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
It seemed to be generally thought at the time of Pippas wedding that Meghan had opted to stay away from the church so as not to take away from the bride's day. The photographers would have been all over Meghan and Harry if they had appeared in public. They had shown consideration to Pippa on her wedding day.
It was. The press was waiting with baited breath and I can't count how many reference to the Cambridges attending a wedding together before their engagement was announced (meaning, an engagement announce for Meghan and Harry would be imminent). So, yes, attention would've been taken away from the couple. In fact, The Sun used a paparazzi photo of Meghan leaving a salon that week and titled it War of the Bums.
Old 07-02-2019, 05:00 PM
Aristocracy

A year into Meghan and Harry's marriage, I wonder if the late Princess Margaret would get along with Meghan?

I wonder if Princess Anne gets along with her niece-in-law Meghan?

These conversations have to continue because a lot of people see royal families as cold, distant like their own families these days.

How many people have actually spoken to their cousins, aunts, uncles, even grandparents, let alone their brothers and sisters?
Old 07-02-2019, 05:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfield Bakery View Post
A year into Meghan and Harry's marriage, I wonder if the late Princess Margaret would get along with Meghan?

I wonder if Princess Anne gets along with her niece-in-law Meghan?

These conversations have to continue because a lot of people see royal families as cold, distant like their own families these days.

How many people have actually spoken to their cousins, aunts, uncles, even grandparents, let alone their brothers and sisters?
A good portion of people also see this royal family as human beings and deserve the right to a private life like the rest of us do.

All families are different and familial relationships within them are as unique as the people having them.

Can I suggest that in order to glean more information of this royal family and the people within it, you read Robert Hardman's "Our Queen" released in 2011? Any Hardman book is well researched and factual and "Our Queen" has members of the British royal family themselves talking to the author about their family.

I also have a question for you. After reading your postings over time, I've noticed just how you strive to address a royal by their proper royal titles and their relationships to each other. Can I ask you why then do you refer to The Duchess of Sussex as "Meghan" only? That one has me scratching my head here.
Old 07-07-2019, 01:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Hopefully, William and Harry, can put the rumors of a rift between them to bed during their upcoming polo event. It’s just something that needs to be put behind them and allow the media to move on.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-07-2019, 08:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Hopefully, William and Harry, can put the rumors of a rift between them to bed during their upcoming polo event. Itís just something that needs to be put behind them and allow the media to move on.
Let's hope it is not a forced get together as that could cause more damage than good.
Old 07-07-2019, 10:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Well, I don’t think anything is forced. It’s for charity. They are the only ones that can put the drama and story in the past.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-08-2019, 07:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Well, I donít think anything is forced. Itís for charity. They are the only ones that can put the drama and story in the past.
The media can put the drama and the story in the past. They're responsible for them in the first place.
Old 07-08-2019, 08:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
The media can put the drama and the story in the past. They're responsible for them in the first place.
William and Harry have to take the lead on this one. The media will follow their lead.

You have to admit William and Harry havenít been helping this drama for months. They are the ones that can put this drama to bed. More harmony on their front will lead to some harmony on the media front.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-08-2019, 08:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Why in the world should either William or Harry put on a dog and pony show just to appease stories that come out in the tabloids about their private lives which really they have no right to know about in the first place?

Actually, I'm tending to believe that the more the press keeps harping on unfounded rumors and innuendo, the more the Cambridges and the Sussexes are going to dig their heels in to assure that their private lives remain just that. Private.

They are public figures, yes, and work publicly for the "Firm" and the monarchy but there's a big red line drawn in the sand now to differentiate between their public roles and duties and engagements and tours and their own personal and private lives.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Why in the world should either William or Harry put on a dog and pony show just to appease stories that come out in the tabloids about their private lives which really they have no right to know about in the first place?

Actually, I'm tending to believe that the more the press keeps harping on unfounded rumors and innuendo, the more the Cambridges and the Sussexes are going to dig their heels in to assure that their private lives remain just that. Private.

They are public figures, yes, and work publicly for the "Firm" and the monarchy but there's a big red line drawn in the sand now to differentiate between their public roles and duties and engagements and tours and their own personal and private lives.
No one is asking them to put on a “dog and pony show.” William and Harry have to make it known that everything is good between them. They’re not going to do that by what they’ve been doing for months now — publicly avoiding each other outside of big family events.

Doing a bro-polo match for charity - like the good ol’ days - will do some good on all fronts. We just need to get back to some normal around this place. It’s been nothing but pure hell for far too long, IMO.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-08-2019, 09:04 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
William and Harry have to take the lead on this one. The media will follow their lead.

You have to admit William and Harry havenít been helping this drama for months. They are the ones that can put this drama to bed. More harmony on their front will lead to some harmony on the media front.
No, I don't have to admit William and Harry haven't been helping this drama. I haven't read any credible evidence there even is a drama. First the media informed us there was a rift between Catherine and Meghan. Now it's William and Harry. Gotta sell those stories.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
No, I don't have to admit William and Harry haven't been helping this drama. I haven't read any credible evidence there even is a drama. First the media informed us there was a rift between Catherine and Meghan. Now it's William and Harry. Gotta sell those stories.
Itís true. William and Harry havenít been helping matters on their front.

Iíve been royal watching for many, many years now. Iím the first one to call the media out on their nonsense, but itís not just the media this time. I have to call a bull a bull, here.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-08-2019, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Itís true. William and Harry havenít been helping matters on their front.

Iíve been royal watching for many, many years now. Iím the first one to call the media out on their nonsense, but itís not just the media this time. I have to call a bull a bull, here.
I agree with this. When royal watching it can be hard to parse out what is really going on behind the scenes, so one of the most useful things is to look at patterns. Patterns in behavior, patterns to the reporting (remember that frequently what is reported is the result of a tip-off from an insider), patterns to repeating stories, and so on. That's how we found out that much of what had been reported in the tabloid press for years about the rift in Charles and Diana's marriage actually had a basis in fact. So patterns can be very significant, and this pattern we see developing here is not a good one, and if it has no basis in fact, then the brothers need to get ahead of the curve and put it to rest.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
No one is asking them to put on a ďdog and pony show.Ē William and Harry have to make it known that everything is good between them. Theyíre not going to do that by what theyíve been doing for months now ó publicly avoiding each other outside of big family events.

Doing a bro-polo match for charity - like the good olí days - will do some good on all fronts. We just need to get back to some normal around this place. Itís been nothing but pure hell for far too long, IMO.
Perhaps they are not thtat close any more....
Old 07-08-2019, 11:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I agree with this. Going out of their way to say oh we are ok is actually more suspicious in my mind. I don't see how the amount of interaction they have in public life is any different than HM's children. They are grown adults, obviously they are going to have more separate lives than when they were younger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
I agree with this. When royal watching it can be hard to parse out what is really going on behind the scenes, so one of the most useful things is to look at patterns. Patterns in behavior, patterns to the reporting (remember that frequently what is reported is the result of a tip-off from an insider), patterns to repeating stories, and so on. That's how we found out that much of what had been reported in the tabloid press for years about the rift in Charles and Diana's marriage actually had a basis in fact. So patterns can be very significant, and this pattern we see developing here is not a good one, and if it has no basis in fact, then the brothers need to get ahead of the curve and put it to rest.
Entirely different situations. One is of husband and wife, a relationship that is expected to remain close between two adults, and the other is between siblings, a relationship that is not unusual to see less interaction as they grow into adults. All we know is that they are splitting their working relationship, which is not unusual for adults. People might have a short memory, but Andrew and Edward once even shared a Private Secretary. Those are not sustainable situations.

Tags
british royal family, princessanne, relationship, relationships, siblings