The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-29-2019, 07:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfly View Post
I don't think the Queen is that petty to only give honors to people she's happy with. She's obviously part of the RF. As for Meghan, it's still her 1st year in the BRF. She will get one too maybe a little earlier considering her impeccable work ethic and compassion in her service representing the BRF.

Diana and Fergie never got a British order of knighthood, which doesn't necessarily mean that Queen Elizabeth didn't like them, but rather that she doesn't give away orders to her family automatically in the way some other monarchs in continental Europe do.

If Meghan remains a member of the RF long enough, she may (or probably will) get her order. I don't think, however, that she will get a GCVO like Catherine or Sophie before Harry is also upgraded from KCVO to GCVO, or KG (the latter in my opinion probably won't happen until Charles is king). She may well start with a DCVO, or she may get no order for quite a while.

EDIT: Since Meghan is interested in humanitarian causes, I personally would like to see her get involved with the Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of St John of Jerusalem, which is the British/Anglican equivalent to the Catholic Order of Malta as a successor to the ancient medieval order of the Knights Hospitaller. Although it is not a national or dynastic order, QEII is the sovereign of the order and the Duke of Gloucester is the current Grand Prior.

Old 06-29-2019, 07:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
That is not how I meant my statement. I did not mean that those who don't have honors are those she is unhappy with.
Yes I read it it again and my apologies. It's true. The rumor circulating that the Queen is unhappy about Kate is apparently not something I take seriously too. She was given the GCVO for an apparent reason.

Old 06-29-2019, 08:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
>> That said, I do remain surprised that H&M do seem to have very successfully alienated themselves from the UK media. It is rare to see a single article about them that is positive. Harry was a relatively successful operator previously, and I am surprised about the widespread negativity, even from loyal members of the royal pack like Arthur, that seems to emanate. Questions that I am sure are being asked within the family!
I am not. This is the same press pack that kicked off their coverage of Meghan with very disgusting references to her background. It has only increased as the relationship got more serious. And when someone like Arthur who literally in print said "Unless you gives us what we want we will insult you." then they are not worth any kind of acknowledgement. Their weak attempts at threats failed.

Definitely agree that if The Queen had issues with any of their actions she would make it known. Instead she has supported them and handed down important honors and patronages to them. This has been a big year for Kate in these terms. She should be very proud of that.
Old 06-29-2019, 08:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Diana and Fergie never got a British order of knighthood, which doesn't necessarily mean that Queen Elizabeth didn't like them, but rather that she doesn't give away orders to her family automatically in the way some other monarchs in continental Europe do.

If Meghan remains a member of the RF long enough, she may (or probably will) get her order. I don't think, however, that she will get a GCVO like Catherine or Sophie before Harry is also upgraded from KCVO to GCVO, or KG (the latter in my opinion probably won't happen until Charles is king). She may well start with a DCVO, or she may get no order for quite a while.

EDIT: Since Meghan is interested in humanitarian causes, I personally would like to see her get involved with the Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of St John of Jerusalem, which is the British/Anglican equivalent to the Catholic Order of Malta as a successor to the ancient medieval order of the Knights Hospitaller. Although it is not a national or dynastic order, QEII is the sovereign of the order and the Duke of Gloucester is the current Grand Prior.

1. I'm sorry but I didn't say that the Queen didn't like Diana and Sarah that's why they weren't given such honors.
2. Meghan might be given the same order when Charles assumes the throne. And I didn't say she's rushing or what. Harry has KCVO, that's a fact. In time, he'll get what he deserves.
Old 06-29-2019, 08:59 AM
Serene Highness

A question for all the experts out there, is the gift of the royal family order announced in anyway?. We see them on the ladies when they attend state dinners, but not really any other time. Is it possible that the queens female adult grandchildren do have them but because they do not attend state dinners we never have the opportunity to see them worn.

The gift is totally at HM 's pleasure, for female members of the family.
Would it need to be announced, or is it just when we see them worn that we know about them.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:41 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
A question for all the experts out there, is the gift of the royal family order announced in anyway?. We see them on the ladies when they attend state dinners, but not really any other time. Is it possible that the queens female adult grandchildren do have them but because they do not attend state dinners we never have the opportunity to see them worn.

The gift is totally at HM 's pleasure, for female members of the family.
Would it need to be announced, or is it just when we see them worn that we know about them.
The awarding of an RFO is not announced - we only know when a lady has received it when she shows up wearing it. Other orders - like the Garter, Thistle, Victorian Order - are officially announced (and then the individual is invested with the order).

For example, when Kate wore her RFO for the first time publicly at the Dutch State Visit last year, RRs made it known that it was actually the second time she had worn it, the first actually being at the 2017 Diplomatic Reception which we didn't get many photos of. Meaning Kate went nearly a whole year without the majority of people knowing she had been awarded the RFO, because it does not get announced.

It is indeed possible that the Queen's granddaughters have her RFO - I would hope that they do, as a special gift from Granny. I venture to guess the first occasion we have to 'know' if they do is at Charles's coronation, when it occurs.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

There’s a sense that Meghan hasn’t gotten the public support she needs from her brother-in-law. But that’s just speculation, because we don’t know how things are between them behind closed doors.

We haven’t really gotten the chance to see these couples together outside of formal family events though. No polo events. No charity events.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-29-2019, 12:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
The awarding of an RFO is not announced - we only know when a lady has received it when she shows up wearing it. Other orders - like the Garter, Thistle, Victorian Order - are officially announced (and then the individual is invested with the order).

For example, when Kate wore her RFO for the first time publicly at the Dutch State Visit last year, RRs made it known that it was actually the second time she had worn it, the first actually being at the 2017 Diplomatic Reception which we didn't get many photos of. Meaning Kate went nearly a whole year without the majority of people knowing she had been awarded the RFO, because it does not get announced.

It is indeed possible that the Queen's granddaughters have her RFO - I would hope that they do, as a special gift from Granny. I venture to guess the first occasion we have to 'know' if they do is at Charles's coronation, when it occurs.
I would agree, as it is a personal gift from the monarch you cannot imagine that her grand daughters do not have one.
We might find out one day as you say...
Old 06-29-2019, 01:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
There’s a sense that Meghan hasn’t gotten the public support she needs from her brother-in-law. But that’s just speculation, because we don’t know how things are between them behind closed doors.

We haven’t really gotten the chance to see these couples together outside of formal family events though. No polo events. No charity events.
There's really been a whole lot of speculation that something is amiss and wrong between the brothers and their spouses because it seems to be the one that the press is stoking the fire with. Its what it *looks* like right now. As royal watchers, we've reveled in seeing Harry and William joke about each other and tease each other and then there were three of them when Kate joined in the mix. All was well and that's what we were used to seeing all the time.

Personally, I have a theory that the culprit playing into this discord is nothing more than the word *transition*. The transitioning of all four main players into the world of being full time working royals. The transitioning of all four players into streamlining their own households, roles and incentives to carry into the next reign. Both couples have their own families and their own residences that suit them. All the ducks are quacking as they line up in a row ready to transition easily into the next reign.

When was the last time any of us saw Edward and Andrew do things jointly? Or Anne and Charles? Or Sophie and Kate. None of these happen very often (if at all). Individually, they can cover more ground and causes and engagements without teaming up. I do believe its all the machinations with "The Boss" directing traffic as she assigns more and more duties to Charles and has entrusted her precious Commonwealth to Harry and Meghan and William is getting more and more involved in the Duchy of Cornwall affairs.

Things are changing but I don't believe that there's a "personal" reason between the two brothers that is causing it. The "Firm" is a well oiled and smoothly running corporation and its "Boss" has been busy behind the scenes and seeing as this "Boss" was once a Girl Guide, I think she took their motto to heart. "Be Prepared" When the time does come for Charles to take the throne as King, everything is going to be in place for a smooth transition.

So that's it in a nutshell for me. Its easy to imagine a "feud" or a "split" or a "parting of ways" in the here and the now between the brothers but things aren't always as they seem to be and we, the public, and even the press aren't in the loop of just why things happen the way they do sometimes.

I'm going to just keep watching and carrying on.
Old 06-29-2019, 01:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
There's really been a whole lot of speculation that something is amiss and wrong between the brothers and their spouses because it seems to be the one that the press is stoking the fire with. Its what it *looks* like right now. As royal watchers, we've reveled in seeing Harry and William joke about each other and tease each other and then there were three of them when Kate joined in the mix. All was well and that's what we were used to seeing all the time.

Personally, I have a theory that the culprit playing into this discord is nothing more than the word *transition*. The transitioning of all four main players into the world of being full time working royals. The transitioning of all four players into streamlining their own households, roles and incentives to carry into the next reign. Both couples have their own families and their own residences that suit them. All the ducks are quacking as they line up in a row ready to transition easily into the next reign.

When was the last time any of us saw Edward and Andrew do things jointly? Or Anne and Charles? Or Sophie and Kate. None of these happen very often (if at all). Individually, they can cover more ground and causes and engagements without teaming up. I do believe its all the machinations with "The Boss" directing traffic as she assigns more and more duties to Charles and has entrusted her precious Commonwealth to Harry and Meghan and William is getting more and more involved in the Duchy of Cornwall affairs.

Things are changing but I don't believe that there's a "personal" reason between the two brothers that is causing it. The "Firm" is a well oiled and smoothly running corporation and its "Boss" has been busy behind the scenes and seeing as this "Boss" was once a Girl Guide, I think she took their motto to heart. "Be Prepared" When the time does come for Charles to take the throne as King, everything is going to be in place for a smooth transition.

So that's it in a nutshell for me. Its easy to imagine a "feud" or a "split" or a "parting of ways" in the here and the now between the brothers but things aren't always as they seem to be and we, the public, and even the press aren't in the loop of just why things happen the way they do sometimes.

I'm going to just keep watching and carrying on.

That is all very true, even in our own lives, as brothers and sisters marry and have their own families we do not all get together as often as we once did.
Between work, then children commitments, running our homes we do not all meet up except at special family events.

The single one in the family who came around all the time cadging a meal or just somewhere to go on a Saturday night, gets married now has his own home and family.
He is then very content to sit in his own home with his family,

Nobody has an argument, there is no big fall out. Just lives changing,
Old 06-29-2019, 01:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
That is all very true, even in our own lives, as brothers and sisters marry and have their own families we do not all get together as often as we once did.
Between work, then children commitments, running our homes we do not all meet up except at special family events.

The single one in the family who came around all the time cadging a meal or just somewhere to go on a Saturday night, gets married now has his own home and family.
He is then very content to sit in his own home with his family,

Nobody has an argument, there is no big fall out. Just lives changing,
I love this. Indeed. Even if they are royals, they are also humans like us. Their lives are just changing.
Old 06-29-2019, 03:04 PM
Royal Highness

If Harry and William are estranged, I doubt that it has anything to do with William’s alleged concerns about Harry and Meghan moving too fast. I understand that appearances may be deceiving, but both couples seemed happy in each other’s company up to and after the wedding. It is hard to believe that Harry’s anger only publicly surfaced months after the wedding.

However, it is possible that the dissolution of the joint foundation has caused some tensions among the four of them. In effect, William, Katherine, Harry and Meghan were in business together, and many people cannot mix family and business. Even more difficult is that they are in the middle of breaking up the business - a business that Harry and William started. The causes supported by the charity are personally important to the four of them and each has devoted time and energy. Given her recent involvement, Meghan may not be as invested as the other three, but I am sure she is supporting her husband.

Another factor is that although the foundation was certainly not a failure, it could have been run better. The foundation has been subject to high level scrutiny and criticism and it must be hard not to take that personally. In stressful situations like that, it only natural to exaggerate differences or even try and assess blame.

As has been stated by others, none of us knows what their real relationship is. Some people have been insisting that William and Harry stopped being close when Harry went into the military. Yet, Harry revealed that William intervened when Harry was having difficulty coping. What’s more, Harry trusted William enough to listen and take the difficult steps of admitting he had a problem and working to resolve it. That anecdote alone disproves allegations that the comradery they display during joint appearances is all a big act.

Even if William, Katherine and Meghan are not completely compatible, I doubt their situation is different than that of many other families who are able to continue to stay in touch and be supportive of each other. In my family, some people are closer than other, but that doesn’t stop us from socializing with everyone. The four of them just seem too well-mannered to let things get to a breaking point.

If their relationship is not strained, I hope they are at least laughing at the public speculation (although it can’t be very funny to them). On the other hand, if they are going through a rough patch, I hope it is of short duration.
Old 06-29-2019, 03:11 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfly View Post
I love this. Indeed. Even if they are royals, they are also humans like us. Their lives are just changing.
Absolutely agree and I think a lot of people forget this. The media expects the royals to be on their best behaviour at all times, even behind closed doors. However, behind closed doors, relationships may and probably have faded or become closer as that's a natural part of life. I'm sure many of us here have people in our lives who we're closer to, and who we now no longer talk to. I know I do, both ways.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-29-2019, 03:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Absolutely agree and I think a lot of people forget this. The media expects the royals to be on their best behaviour at all times, even behind closed doors. However, behind closed doors, relationships may and probably have faded or become closer as that's a natural part of life. I'm sure many of us here have people in our lives who we're closer to, and who we now no longer talk to. I know I do, both ways.
I couldn't agree more. Yes, people might not get along at times, but that doesn't mean they are fighting. Royals grow up too like us. We can't expect Harry to be always that little brother to William. We too in our own lives experience this. Royals or not, we experience the same thing.
Old 06-30-2019, 02:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
My understanding was that "back in the day" say 80s/90s the Michael's were allowed to work commercially hence, IMO,why the Queen has not bestowed such orders/honours on them. Likewise she has not done so with her grandchildren who work in paying jobs.

The difference is that the Michael's still have HRH and do some charity events but really I guess we would class them like Eugenie and Beatrice are now.
My view is that we do not know which of the Queen's grand children / spouses of grandchildren have the RFO, as we have not seen those ladies dressed for events where wearing an RFO would be appropriate.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:32 AM
Courtier

There has been a dicussion here lately about the relationship betweet William and Harry. I read this post on Quora and I just wanted to share it. I don’t know how much of it is tue, but it echo’s what some here have been saying.

Quote:
William was introduced to Meghan in 2016 when she stayed with Harry at Kensington Palace.

William and Harry had always been close, as we would expect when losing their much loved mother while they were both young.

William sat Harry down for what was meant to be a brotherly chat, during which he advised him to take things slowly with Meghan.

William told his brother they knew nothing about her background, her intentions or what she was really like. He just wanted to stress that becoming part of the royal family is a massive undertaking, and the pressure and scrutiny is unrelenting. He asked Harry if Meghan was the right one.

Harry became angry, accusing his brother of trying to finish his romance before it had begun. The brothers' close relationship has never recovered.

Other members of the Royal family sided with William. Meghan’s nose was further pushed out when she expected to go to Kate’s sister’s wedding. The Middletons didn’t want Meghan to attend. Harry, again, rushing to Meghan’s defense, played his face and a compromise was reached, allowing her to attend the evening reception.

Prince Charles asked a senior member of his staff to talk to Meghan about repairing her deteriorating relationship with her father. But it didn't make any difference. Meghan was stubborn, dug her heels in, and cut her father out of her life. Harry told her he wasn’t happy with this. He had lost his mother, and valued having both a mother and father.

Some people writing on Quora say there are Meghan haters here. Do these haters include William, Kate, Prince Philip and other members of the Royal Family who have concerns for Harry. I’ve never met anyone who hates her. They don’t even know her, but they all want more than anything to see Diana’s youngest son happy and contented.
https://qr.ae/TWtPrz
Old 07-01-2019, 10:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
There has been a dicussion here lately about the relationship betweet William and Harry. I read this post on Quora and I just wanted to share it. I don’t know how much of it is tue, but it echo’s what some here have been saying.

Can we stop already? I thought this forum was based on fact? Now we have this? Who is the source, according to Quora it is written by someone named Graham Short who presents himself as Micro-artist - European swimming champion - Public speaker. What are his sources? He is a journalist, an member of the BRF? Quora, a question-and-answer website where questions are asked, answered, and edited by Internet users in the form of opinions is now a source here. Nothing is vetted, sources are basically anybody on the internet?
Old 07-01-2019, 11:11 AM
Heir Apparent

It sounds like a bunch of tabloid gossip cobbled together with a bit of spices thrown in.

Victoria Arbiter said before Pippa's wedding that the sources close to Middletons said they invited Meghan to the entire thing.

Ultimately, Harry didn't just disregard everything and married Meghan. He had to request permission from his grandmother, The Queen, who gave it. So apparently, there was enough support from the top lady. And I find it funny that anyone would believe someone on Quora would have purview to a private conversation between Harry and Meghan.
Old 07-01-2019, 11:27 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post

Sounds like a Mills and Boon.
Somebody has taken a couple of facts ( I am probably generous saying a couple) and made up a whole story.
Old 07-01-2019, 12:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
It sounds like a bunch of tabloid gossip cobbled together with a bit of spices thrown in.

Victoria Arbiter said before Pippa's wedding that the sources close to Middletons said they invited Meghan to the entire thing.

Ultimately, Harry didn't just disregard everything and married Meghan. He had to request permission from his grandmother, The Queen, who gave it. So apparently, there was enough support from the top lady. And I find it funny that anyone would believe someone on Quora would have purview to a private conversation between Harry and Meghan.
It seemed to be generally thought at the time of Pippas wedding that Meghan had opted to stay away from the church so as not to take away from the bride's day. The photographers would have been all over Meghan and Harry if they had appeared in public. They had shown consideration to Pippa on her wedding day.

Tags
british royal family, princessanne, relationship, relationships, siblings