Princess Alexandra of Kent and the late Sir Angus Ogilvy Part 1: July 2003-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the pictures .. she still looks royal.
I was in England the day of her wedding and I rememder people slipping on the pavement the day before her wedding to be sure to see her..
She was then the only young royal Princess with Margaret and Katherine.

Here are two nice pics of a very young Princess Alexandra:

Princess Alexandra in 1950 aged 13, as a pupil at Heathfield
School in Berkshire, UK.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

In that first pic her smile reminds of someone else in the family,
but at the moment I can't tell who it is .:)

iceflower, I think she looks like the young Queen Elizabeth II in that photo. That's not a resemblance I spot very often in her...

Pics 4.6.2009

We haven't seen her for so long, so I'm really happy about
the newest pics of Princess Alexandra :)

HRH Princess Alexandra of Kent attends the annual Founders
Day Parade at Royal Hospital Chelsea on June 4, 2009 in London,
England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** getty gallery**

Great to see Princess Alexandra out on engagements - she does alot of excellant work for the royal family but is often neglected by the press

It seems to be so...also all the people she was with wore a similar leaf

Its lovely to see HRH. She works so hard and it's rarely picked up by the news agencies.

Why did she wear a green leaf as brooch ?
see this link: Chelsea pensioners¿ motorised division: Retired army heroes on parade in mobility scooters | Mail Online

"The former soldiers wear sprigs of oak leaves in reference to King Charles II, who evaded capture by Parliamentary forces after the Battle of Worcester in 1651 by hiding in an oak tree. He went on to found the hospital in 1682 to care for those unfit for further duty due to old age or injury."

Pics 6.6.2009

And here she is again :)

Princess Alexandra at the 2009 Derby Festival at Epsom Racecoarse,
June 6, 2009. She attended together with the Queen and the Duke
of Edinburgh, more pics can be found here.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Princess Alexandra always looks like an old-school princess.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pic 19.6.2009

Princess Alexandra after waving off four children and their families as
they set off to Euro Disney after a reception at Buckingham Palace,
June 19, 2009. The children’s wish to go to Euro Disney was granted
by the charity Starlight, of which the Princess is Patron.

----> Pic

Pics 8.7.2009

Rare pics of Princess Alexandra - her engagements should be
in the press focus much more often..

Princess Alexandra visits the London Centre for Children with Cerebal
Palsy in London, Britain - 08 Jul 2009 The Princess visited as Patron
of the charity where she met staff, children and their families at the
London Centre for Children in Muswell Hill.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Thanks for the pictures! Its always nice to see Princess Alexandra :) She's really dutiful and admirable.

Thanks for the pictures! Its always nice to see Princess Alexandra :) She's really dutiful and admirable.

She does look lovely. The young royals would have to have stepped forward to do royal duties much earlier if the Queen's cousins weren't available.

Yeah very much so. In the early years of her reign, Prince William of Gloucester, Prince Richard, Princess Alexandra, Prince Edward of Kent, and Prince Michael were huge helps in relieving the duty load on The Queen and Prince Philip.

I am fairly "in love" with Princess Alexandra. I can not stop watching over and over again how she managed to amaze a black Ambassador or High Commisioner during an Evening Reception for the Diplomatic Corps when she summed up five of the six cities she visited when she represented The Queen for their independence. The footage can be seen on the five part series The Monarchy at Work. An amazing Lady she is!

Nice to see some of her engagements. Princess Alexandra is one of my favourite royals. I am glad she is now in the Garter.

Princess Alexandra really is an "old school" princess. She always strikes me as someone from another era.:flowers:

Pics 17.9.2009

Princess Alexandra visited Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway
Company Limited, Ravenglass, Cumbria, September 17, 2009.
She officially opened the new play area at Dalegarth Station.

Here are some pics:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** article **

:previous:

Very nice to see pictures of her again! Thank you. :flowers: She looked elegant and classy.

Yeah very much so. In the early years of her reign, Prince William of Gloucester, Prince Richard, Princess Alexandra, Prince Edward of Kent, and Prince Michael were huge helps in relieving the duty load on The Queen and Prince Philip.

The royals you have listed here weren't much help until the 60s or early 70s due to their ages e.g. Michael was only 9 or 10 when she became Queen and the Gloucesters about the same or even younger. I remember seeing photos of them as page boys at her coronation.

Alexandra starts a bit in the late 50s while the men went to school and uni and the army (like the Queen's own children and now grandchildren are doing).

The females are expected to start earlier as they aren't expected to go into the military which is why I suspect that Beatrice has about 3 or 4 years more before full time royal duties - possibly even before William and certainly before Harry (who won't start full time royal duties for another 20 years or so when he leaves the army).

There's much said about Princess Anne taking on Royal duties at the same age that the York princesses are presently, but Princess Anne didn't go to university. Have there been any female members of the BRF who were educated beyond secondary school and took on a steady Royal role at a young age?

I have always doubted that the Yorks will ever be full-time or even part-time Royals as far as going around the country doing engagements is concerned. IMO there is no desire for them to do this either on their own or the public's part. I think the Royal Family is moving in the direction of everyone outside of Prince Charles's family having private careers and not being funded by the taxpayer.

The royals you have listed here weren't much help until the 60s or early 70s due to their ages e.g. Michael was only 9 or 10 when she became Queen and the Gloucesters about the same or even younger. I remember seeing photos of them as page boys at her coronation.

Alexandra starts a bit in the late 50s while the men went to school and uni and the army (like the Queen's own children and now grandchildren are doing).

The females are expected to start earlier as they aren't expected to go into the military which is why I suspect that Beatrice has about 3 or 4 years more before full time royal duties - possibly even before William and certainly before Harry (who won't start full time royal duties for another 20 years or so when he leaves the army).

Maybe King of Scotland ment the Gloucester- and Kent-Family generally. I think Princess Marina and Princess Alice & Prince Henry helped HM quite a lot with taking royal duties.

I have always doubted that the Yorks will ever be full-time or even part-time Royals as far as going around the country doing engagements is concerned. IMO there is no desire for them to do this either on their own or the public's part. I think the Royal Family is moving in the direction of everyone outside of Prince Charles's family having private careers and not being funded by the taxpayer.

There was something from BP or the government or someone a couple of weeks ago that referred to Beatrice not doing royal duties 'yet' or something like that that clearly could be interpreted as Beatrice going to be doing royal duties.

As the only royals funded by the taxpayers now are the Queen and Philip Beatrice and Eugenie won't be in the future either.

Funding for me is the payment for doing a job and the taxpayers only pay the Queen and Philip.

The government provides security for members of the Queen's family (just as many other countries provide security for members of the Head of State's and Head of Government's families so I don't see an issue here) and, if the government sends someone to do a job for them they pay the expenses associated with the carrying out of that job and that would be normal - my boss pays me the cost of doing my job (or I claim it through my tax) but only the Queen and Philip actually get an income from the taxpayers through the Civil List and that is to cover the cost of running the Head of State's office etc.

Pics 6.10.2009

Princess Alexandra, President of Royal Humane Society, with
medal winners at Buckingham Palace, London, October 6, 2009.

The organisation grants awards for acts of bravery in the saving
of human life and for the restoration of life by resuscitation.

Princess Alexandra looked great and completely in her element :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Back
Top Bottom