Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 6: July 2011- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Princess Michael of Kent still a Baroness?
The Princess was the daughter of an Austro Hungarian Baron and a a member of the very old noble Reibnitz family but those titles were abolished in 1919 with the dissolution of the Empire.

She has the Starry Cross ? She wore a Decoration at Prince Leka's Wedding

Prince Michael of Kent formally welcomed the latest batch of freshly-trained volunteers to the Royal Naval Reserve family in the unique combined passing-out parade at Britannia Royal Naval College in Dartmouth.

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-latest-activity/news/2021/september/14/20210914-rop-pass-out

Prince Michael always looks wonderful in uniform. Congratulations to all who passed out of the naval academy.

Prince Michael of Kent attended a gala evening at the Parliament building in Budapest on the invitation of the Hungarian Government. He‘s pictured with Crown Prince Leka of Albania and Prince Fahad Al-Thani of Qatar.

** Pic **

Princess Michael was one of the main Guests at Prince Leka of Albania 's Wedding. Will she be able to attend the Imperial Wedding ?? Standing 2 hours at the st Isaac Church ?

They were not invited as Guests for Grand Duke Georgi ? Why ??

Last edited:
Prince Michael of Kent is visiting Finland to promote investment and trade relations between Britain and Finland. Iltalehti met Queen Elizabeth's cousin at a ceremony held in his honor at the Svenska Klubben in Helsinki.
- I really like Finns a lot. They have been very hospitable these past two days, although we have had very busy days, the prince praises.
Prince Michael has been an active traveler, among others, as a patron of the Genesis Initiative and on the occasion of the anniversary of Queen Elizabeth. In the near future, however, he plans to reduce his travel and representation duties.
- But if I can only find a reason, I will be happy to return to Finland, he says.
The prince is silent about his private life and free time. When asked what he likes to do in his spare time, he answers jokingly:
- Travel to Finland!
Short video of the Prince's interview
Kentin prinssi Michael hehkuttaa Suomea

Prince Michael went to talk with Arman Alizad and his partner Senay Coco
- Of course we don't know him at all! Suddenly he just walked over to us and chatted on both of us, the stunned Arman Alizad laughed.
- He asked me what exactly I'm doing. When I told him I was a documentary director and producer, the prince wanted to know what topics I was making documentaries about. I then listed to him that the world’s religions, cultures, tribes, and various phenomena.
The charming Prince of Kent looked at Senay Coco for a long time.
- He asked me if I was from Finland. I replied that I have come here from Kosovo. He said he has good memories of Kosovo and that it is close to his heart. The prince also said he had just visited Kosovo, Senay Coco said.
- It came as a surprise that he wanted to come and talk to us. We weren't prepared for that at all. But fun to meet!
What kind of person Prince Michael was?
- Wonderful! Soft and gentle. He has certainly seen and experienced a lot of life. He would certainly have had a lot to say about everything, Arman and Senay said.
Arman Alizad ja kuvankaunis Senay Coco ällistyivät_ brittihovin prinssi hakeutui heti suomalaisparin juttusille – ”Tulihan se aivan yllätyksenä” _ Seiska

The prince met also finnish soprano Karita Mattila.
https://fi-seiska-cdn-pro.seiska.fi/files/inline-images/2022/17/DSC_2846.jpg

A rare royal delegation was seen in Tampere on Tuesday.
The cousin of Queen Elizabeth II , Prince Michael of Kent, got acquainted with the construction of a new power plant in Tampere.
Erkki Suvilampi , project manager of the Women's Bay 3 project, answered Prince Michael's questions. He said the prince was interested in the schedule and the number of staff.
- He wondered how we have achieved so much in just two years, Suvilampi said.
Tampereelle saapui kuninkaallinen delegaatio_ Kentin prinssi ihmetteli tamperelaisten rakentamisen nopeutta

Prince Michael of Kent asked what makes the facility modern. The project manager is pleased to report that the multi-fuel plant, with state-of-the-art technology, has excellent efficiency and minimal emissions.

Journalist Kaj Kunnas hosted a gala dinner in honor of Prince Michael's visit in Helsinki on Tuesday evening.
- I met him for the first time yesterday in Tampere. He was in a very relaxed mood. He drank whiskey and asked me to chat with him, Kaj Kunnas tells.
Kaj and the prince talked about sports, among other things.
- The prince is an athlete. I had no idea that he almost got to the British Olympic team in 1972.
Kaj didn't drink whiskey with the prince because he was at work at an event in Tampere.
- I always draw a dry line at work events. Although there was a royal prince in the company, I did not deviate from the line. I made the exception that he was the first person in years I shook hands with.
Suomessa vierailulla oleva prinssi Michael sai Kaj Kunnaksen tekemään harvinaisen poikkeuksen

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn’t really an event, just a pleasant anecdote about Prince and Princess Michael…

A woman I used to work with, a prominent banker and humanitarian, wrote a memoir of her life, Millie’s Divine Journey. In it, she described having won a trip on the Orient Express. As it happened, their accommodations were in the same wagon-lit as that of the Kents. She reports that the couple were warm, charming, and unassuming; guests in the car mingled and chatted in the corridors or on the platforms during stops, and the Kents were gracious to all.

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent appearing in the Court Circular

11 May 2022 -
The Prince of Wales, on behalf of The Queen, and The Duchess of Cornwall gave an Afternoon Party in the garden of Buckingham Palace.

The Princess Royal, The Duke of Kent and Prince and Princess Michael of Kent were present.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom