Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 6: July 2011- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When HM raised his rent, money became an issue. I can't blame him or his wife for using their titles, especially if HM looked the other way for 20 years, but Golly.... Putin?

Appalling & disgraceful. Another individual letting HM down.

Last edited:
Appalling & disgraceful. Another individual letting HM down.
Yes utterly shocking to use his royal status for personal profit too in another royal undercover sting.

The way I look at it is that for all her life, the Queen has always depended on her faith to guide her in all things. In a case like this, family is family and they're loved unconditionally. It's OK to love the sinner and dislike the sin itself. It's when things go horribly wrong that a person needs to know their family is there for them. ?

These are allegations. They may be true or they may not. I'm not aware that Prince Michael and Vladimir Putin are best buddies, so, even if Prince Michael was willing to accept money for arranging introductions, I'm not convinced that he'd be able to bring those introductions about. Putin does, rather strangely, seem to have a thing about royalty, but I think that's because he likes the idea of Peter the Great as the leader of a strong Russia: I'm not convinced that he'd be over-excited by a connection to Prince Michael of Kent, a rather minor member of the British Royal Family and distant relative of the tsars.

Last edited:
You'd think the man who looks like Nicholas II would be amusing to the man who wants to be Tsar. :cool:

However, even at the end of the tabloid article, Michael's office says they haven't met since 2003 and anything he did would be cleared through ambassadorial channels, so it's not a very solid story at this point.

A number of off topic posts have been removed, as well as responses. Further derailing posts will also be deleted.

There do seem to be some rather far-fetched stories on Channel 4 at the moment, possibly because filming of some planned programmes has been delayed by the pandemic. There was one programme recently which claimed that double agents working for both MI5 and the KGB had been sent to post-war Germany to collect letters sent by the Duke of Windsor to high-ranking Nazis, and another one which claimed that American secret service agents in the 1950s had misinterpreted a coded message about the Queen Elizabeth trans-Atlantic steamer and mistakenly thought that the Queen was involved in some plot to overthrow the Shah of Iran!

Some people seem to have very vivid imaginations!! I'd take all of this with a big pinch of salt.

There do seem to be some rather far-fetched stories on Channel 4 at the moment, possibly because filming of some planned programmes has been delayed by the pandemic. There was one programme recently which claimed that double agents working for both MI5 and the KGB had been sent to post-war Germany to collect letters sent by the Duke of Windsor to high-ranking Nazis, and another one which claimed that American secret service agents in the 1950s had misinterpreted a coded message about the Queen Elizabeth trans-Atlantic steamer and mistakenly thought that the Queen was involved in some plot to overthrow the Shah of Iran!

Some people seem to have very vivid imaginations!! I'd take all of this with a big pinch of salt.

There have always been some pretty weird programmes about historical events, on TV.. I haven't seen this one so I can't comment.. but P Michael does seem to have been invvovled iwth some dubious people..

:previous:

Thanks! Unfortunately, it is not the first time that a member of the royal family sells 'access'; but to sell access to the highest echelons of Russia makes it even more problematic. As well as the prince recalling a (business) meeting with the undemocratic leader of Belarus.

Based on this description, it seems it isn't the first time they've used this tactic: especially the part where the prince leaves the call, so his best friend can do the more dirty work of selling the prince and the access he can provide. And also the fact that his private secretary is fully involved is telling.

This paragraph is also interesting: apparently, he was not the only one they tried to 'catch'. They were unsuccessful in the other 4 attempts(!) - but they don't share who else they tried to trick:
The Zoom call was part of a wider undercover investigation by The Sunday Times and Channel 4’s Dispatches programme into how members of the royal family have been selling their connection to the monarchy for personal profit. Three other royals turned down the offer of work for House of Haedong and one did not reply.

I wonder whether any 'sanctions' will be applied/measures taken to reduce the appeal of this royal prince in his business dealings.

The BBC has video of the Prince accepting a fee of $200,000 (£143,000), and to use his home at Kensington Palace as a backdrop.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57042823

I'm appalled at such disgraceful behavior, especially given his age and decades of experience as member of the Queen's family.
Was the video removed (and if so, who ordered it to be removed?!) or is it just me who cannot see it on the BBC page nor in the archived version of the Telegraph article.

These are allegations. They may be true or they may not. I'm not aware that Prince Michael and Vladimir Putin are best buddies, so, even if Prince Michael was willing to accept money for arranging introductions, I'm not convinced that he'd be able to bring those introductions about. Putin does, rather strangely, seem to have a thing about royalty, but I think that's because he likes the idea of Peter the Great as the leader of a strong Russia: I'm not convinced that he'd be over-excited by a connection to Prince Michael of Kent, a rather minor member of the British Royal Family and distant relative of the tsars.

The office denied things after being caught; when they didn't know about the undercover action, they were presenting themselves quite differently. And even if they may not have recently met, they clearly are in touch. Imho, it would be rather weird if they didn't at least meet in 2009 when Michael received his Russian order.

This paragraph provides evidence for close relationships (N.B. 'that year' is 2013):
In June that year Reading organised a Sambo event in hired rooms at Kensington Palace. According to the sport’s federation, it had two patrons: the prince and Putin. The event, reported to have cost £3,000 a head, was a contact-building exercise at which oligarchs and Kremlin figures could mingle with British high society in one of the Queen’s palaces.

And why wouldn't the president be interested in one of the queen's cousins whose grandmother was a Russian grand duchess; who speaks Russian fluently, travels frequently to Russia, and is the royal among the BRF who is most interested in his Russian roots. He surely would have been pleased if one of the queen's children would show the same interest; but other than that, he is doing pretty well in terms of 'royal connection' by having one of her HRH-cousins with 'substantial Russian family connections' be interested in Russia (ignoring all sanctions; because he is 'above politics and diplomacy' according to his friends) and therefore, its president.

Last edited by a moderator:

Putin recreated three imperial Russian orders as orders of the Russian Federation: the Order of St Andrew (originally established by Peter the Great), the Order of St Catherine, and the Order of St George.

Was the video removed (and if so, who ordered it to be removed?!) or is it just me who cannot see it on the BBC page nor in the archived version of the Telegraph article.
Look at that! They removed the video!
Oh my..I am appalled by such blatant display of censorship!
It was pretty damning and hard to deny involvement when there was video of the Prince agreeing to the payment.

Edit: The Daily Mail has story and photo of Prince Michael accepting an honorary professorship from one of Putin's cronies.
The video of him accepting the fee is also apart of the article. You can see it there

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rofessorship-one-Vladimir-Putins-cronies.html

Last edited:
It is unfair to accuse HRH Prince Michael of using his title for income when HRH PoW has that arrangement with the Porcelanosa guy who did all of the freebie work at Highgrove.

Look at that! They removed the video!
Oh my..I am appalled by such blatant display of censorship!
It was pretty damning and hard to deny involvement when there was video of the Prince agreeing to the payment.

Edit: The Daily Mail has story and photo of Prince Michael accepting an honorary professorship from one of Putin's cronies.
The video of him accepting the fee is also apart of the article. You can see it there

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rofessorship-one-Vladimir-Putins-cronies.html

There can be a very good reason they removed the video. It must be remember that this is essentially entrapment. And that in itself is very backhanded way of doing journalist also it is possible that the file was edited. And it is very easy to edit videos to tell any story that you wish.

I'm also interested by Prince and Princess Michael's inclusion - were they included previously? I can't remember but if not, it's interesting, given the recent headlines about him. It would be an intriguing message. If they were, well, BP can't really exclude them since it would be interpreted as him being guilty.

Not in the previous version, but they used to be included in even older versions of the page.

:previous: Yes, I agree! Incredibly kind and gracious of Princess Michael.

She has beautiful cats!;)

The Princess is looking very well and that was indeed a kind gesture from her. I hope the little girl enjoyed her day.

Has there been any declaration that Princess Michael will be writing a new book?

The cat loved meeting the dear Chloe, by the looks of it.

Has Princess Michael written a book about cats or children?
I do like her historical novels.

Nice to see the Princess back after her recent bout of ill health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom