Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 6: July 2011- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I downloaded the original interview in order to read it in its entirety. I am on the fence with this one. Princess Michael clearly tries to stick to promoting her book at first, but the interviewer bluntly tells PMoK that the story will not run if she only talks about her book. From that point on the quotes (and the hilarity) begins :ROFLMAO:

After thinking this over I believe that PMoK is either a marketing genius or simply way too forthcoming when asked a question. Perhaps it is a bit of both because there is a part of the interview where MC explains that she was "told rather crossly that one doesn't joke with the press." :lol:

Nonetheless, whenever I see a new interview published I get almost giddy nowadays. Too bad her interests are historical, because if they were comedic she would be raking in a fortune writing characters such as Hyacinth Bucket.

Lenora,
Thanks for the article!:flowers:
The current cycle of the articles about Princess Michael seems to focus on her comments about cutting down expenses. Is it good PR?
Princess Michael looks lovely on the photo.

Last edited:

On Thursday afternoon, December 19, Princess Michael of Kent has visited Harrods to sign copies of her new book "The Queen of Four Kingdoms". Harrods itself has shared some nice pics:

** Pics **

Prince Harry could move into Kensington Palace apartment next to Prince William and Kate | Mail Online
Prince Harry could move into a huge apartment at Kensington Palace next to his brother and sister-in-law, it has been claimed.
Princess Michael of Kent - who lives next door to William and Kate at the Central London palace - said Harry could move into the home currently occupied by the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge moved into an apartment at the palace last year that had been left vacant following the death of Princess Margaret in 2002.

In the years to come, anything is possible but I really don't see Harry moving into an expansive apartment while he is still single. One thing that is news to me from this article is that it states that Harry has moved into a modest apartment that was once for a former staff member. I had thought he was going to move into Nottingham cottage but perhaps he just needs a smaller pied a terre for when he's in London. I find that very efficient.

Didn't he move into the smaller apartment while William and Kate were in Nott Cott with the intention of replacing them in Nott Cott when Apartment 1A was ready for them?

If so he may still be there due to having been training for the Antarctic expedition and Christmas since William and Kate moved and hasn't yet had time to move - or maybe he has decided that he doesn't want to make another move.

It may also be that the Gloucesters or even the Michael's of Kent maybe moving into Nott Cott in the future as they downsize and then Harry's takes over one of their apartment - with Beatrice the other??????

Last edited:
Hasn't this story been denied by the Gloucesters? They said they had no idea what Princess Michael was talking about since they had no plans to move.

Princess Michael is promoting a book and she has been rattling on in interview after interview about mostly herself but bringing in other members of the family when asked. She has always seem to be a loose cannon when it comes to royal gossip.

To be honest I think the Kent's should move before the Gloucester's and its rude of Princess Michael to publicly suggest something about her extended that's nothing to do with her.

I think you are right. Princess Michael has a book to promote, so will do anything to get her name into the papers. If that means speculating about future moves at KP, so be it. As she once famously said, "Anything for a hot meal!"

Last edited by a moderator:
As she once famously said, "Anything for a hot meal!"
What a shame for her to claim that she lives in austerity and shares Britons' troubles with recent economic downturn. Well, then why does she ride a BMW, a Rolls Royce and eat at fancy restaurants? Is that for free now? She has money to pay for it. I think what she is really complaining about is the fact the she actually has to pay for things. When marrying a prince from the world's most famous and illustrious royal family she probably expected an easy life on someone's expense with no effort from her own.

When Princess Michael of Kent declared last month that she and her husband were enduring “austere times”, she provoked much mockery. Mandrake can disclose that the author does, however, have cause for complaint.
She and Prince Michael lost £175,789 at their company last year.
The couple, who are neighbours of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Kensington Palace, had been forced to write off £750,000 in losses at Cantium Services the previous year.

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent's company loses £176,000 in past year - Telegraph

More on PssM interview:
Princess Michael of Kent says old Royals are 'boring' and Princess Diana was 'uneducated' | Royal | News | Daily Express

I remember that the princess has had a habit of not being tactful but making rude comments about Diana and to a degree Sarah is really uncalled for.

She made some interesting observations but spoiled it all by twisting the knife. The older generations of the BRF may not have the glamour of the youngsters but they have the "runs on the board" when is comes to respect of the people and hard work over a life time.

Surely someone who has been in her position for a long time could phrase things better. The older generation of the family are the ones who have accepted her for many years. Surely a bit of tact would be the least she could do.

To be fair she didn't actually say that she thought the older Royals are boring, what she said was "The people love to see happy young people and I think the older generation are a bit boring for most people"

To be fair she didn't actually say that she thought the older Royals are boring, what she said was "The people love to see happy young people and I think the older generation are a bit boring for most people"

Victorian-Dandy I didn't intend to suggest she did. My point is that she could have worded her sentence to say something along the lines of " the younger generation are attracting a new following which is wonderful." and leave it at that.

Like the Diana and Sarah comments about their mothers , it is just too much unnecessary commentary/opinion about other people. I wonder what the KP neighbours will think about their mother and grandmother being talked about publicly in this way?

If William and Harry aren't used to people discussing their mother by now they are very slow on the uptake. What they think is rather irrelevant as she is an historical figure now and will be dissected for evermore - just as they will also be dissected and are being discussed etc in fora like this and in the press.

No one needs their so called family members talking about their dead mama. And this wasn't a historical analysis this was done b....y gossipy way.

I don't know how closely people have read that article but the headline was VERY largely taken out of context. IMO, Princess Michael said nothing at all wrong. She is constantly being set up by the press. Yes, she does leave herself open to it but most of the time it is the press who are being b****y.

Yes, but Princess Michael made that statement.

Well, from one side, it is not very offensive, but considering that Princess Diana is dead and her sons may not be pleased while hearing such statements.

It's controversial, but one shouldn't make a great fuss.

Well, having a strict mother seems to give one A severe lack of compassion. I'd say Diana was better off. She may have been uneducated, which I tend to disagree with because there's more than one type of education In life, but she had a heart of gold. Surely that's more important. I just read in the daily Mail, where Princess Michael said she was close to Diana. Since Diana said she couldn't stand her in Simone Simmons Book, I highly doubt that is the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually agree with what Princess Michael said and she should know, she's the one that had a close relationship with Diana and Sarah. Both Diana & Sarah didn't have much support that they really needed and was lonely in their positions.

They may not had a great deal of education but I think they did the best that they could. Diana excelled in her royal role more than Sarah did.

Don't know what Charles, William and Harry thought of her comments though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom