Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 6: July 2011- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck with road safety in Jamaica. A lot of the ones I have driven on outside of the capita do not seem to have been paved since Independence. You could lose your car in some of those potholes.

Does Prince Michael undertake this engagement on the behalf of the British royal family?

Not really.

Very Very occassionally he has done so such as representing the BRF at the 'funerals' of the last Tsar and his family.

As a prince not in the line of succession he is more than just a long way from the throne he would be regarded as dead if the awful happened and those ahead of his son all died.

So far this year he and his wife have only attended the film reception last week. Last year it was events like that - Jubilee, Trooping the Colour and receptions at which the majority of the royals were also in attendance. My weekly count from last year had them in the CC on 23 and 21 occasions respectively - compare that to Beatrice and Eugenie at 20 and 16 respectively.

Last edited:
I can not determine the nature of the visit. Perhaps Prince Michael participates on behalf of "the Commission for Global Road Safety and ... the non-profit organization, Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA)". He is the patron in the both organisations. Anyway it is nice to see him making public appearances.

Once the current changes to legislation are made law, will he be reinstated?

Once the current changes to legislation are made law, will he be reinstated?
Yes, once the Succession to the Crown Act 2012-2013 is adopted, Prince Michael should be reinstated in the Line of Succession. Clause 2 of the Act removes the ban on royals marrying Roman Catholics. The change is retroactive, meaning royals who married Catholics, including Prince Michael, will regain their place in succession line once the bill is passed, provided:

- No consent was sought or notice given under section 1 or section 2 of the Royal Marriages Act 1772 (which is the case with Prince Michael).
- Neither party was among the first six people in the line of succession to the Throne at the time of the marriage (Prince Michael was seventh at the time of his birth, and much lower down the line at the time of his marriage).

Last edited:

Prince Michael of Kent in his role as HAC Royal Honorary Colonel attended a ceremony at the H.A.C. cemetery in Ecoust-St-Mein, France on April 23, 2013. Almost 100 years after they were killed in action, Lieutenant John Harold Pritchard and Private Christopher Douglas Elphick were re-interred with full military honours in a private ceremony.

** Pic **

** heart.co.uk: World War One Soldiers Laid To Rest In France **

** dailymail: We will still remember them: First World War British soldiers are finally laid to rest..**

at the next coronation, what coronation robes would HRH Prince Michael wear (with his coronet)....I understand a royal duke would have six rows of sealskin spots (as opposed to a regular duke with four rows)....

however, Prince Michael has not been created a peer of any rank..

would he wear a plain white ermine cape (without rows)? with his coronet of 4 crosses-pattée and 4 strawberry leaves

:previous:
In my personal and very biased opinion ... Prince Michael said nothing controversial or attention seeking or worthy mentioning in Telegraph. It is also possible that his comments are a part of the private conversation. The part was just published in a tiny article by Tim Walker. That is all.

Last edited:
I'm not seeing anything controversial either. And I don't think it was meant to be attention seeking or he wouldn't have made the comment about not being a gardener. IMO, someone probably asked him about it to have something to talk about. A conversation piece of sorts.

I think it is a pity that Prince Michael now needs to resort to making unnecessary and completely meaningless comments about senior members of the royal family just to stay in the press!

In my personal and very biased opinion ... Prince Michael said nothing controversial or attention seeking or worthy mentioning in Telegraph. It is also possible that his comments are a part of the private conversation. The part was just published in a tiny article by Tim Walker. That is all.

I'm not seeing anything controversial either. And I don't think it was meant to be attention seeking or he wouldn't have made the comment about not being a gardener. IMO, someone probably asked him about it to have something to talk about. A conversation piece of sorts.

I did not suggest there was anything controversial in what Michael said, merely "unnecessary and completely meaningless". I think Prince and Princess Michael feel the need, in support of their commercial ventures, to appear in the press regularly so that there is some recognition, hence the pointless comments.

What business venture did Prince Michael support by mentioning Prince Henry's garden? How did a tiny article help Prince Michael with his commercial ventures?
In the end you do have a right to constantly talk about Prince's and Princess' Michael faults.

Last edited:
I think it is a pity that Prince Michael now needs to resort to making unnecessary and completely meaningless comments about senior members of the royal family just to stay in the press!

Perhaps he was being polite and answering a direct question, as in "What do you think of Harry's garden?

He could of course have replied, "Not going to answer for fear of offending some people of the TRF".

Thanks for the additional photos!
It is great to see the couple making public appearances.

You are most welcome, Al_bina :flowers:

It's been a wedding weekend for Prince and Princess Michael of Kent: While Prince Michael attended the wedding of Rupert Finch and Lady Natasha Rufus Isaac in Gloucester on Saturday, June 8,

** Rupert Finch and Lady Natasha Rufus Isaacs' Wedding **

Princess Michael of Kent has been a guest at the wedding of Serena Nikkhah, the Executive Fashion Editor for British Vogue, and Prince William's friend the Hon. Peregrine Hood, the son of Alexander, 4th Viscount Bridport and his first wife, Linda Paravicini. That wedding also took place on Saturday, but in Charlton, Wiltshire.

Andrew Parker-Bowles and Tom Parker-Bowles with his wife Sara attended as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

Perfect division of work.. ;)

thank You iceflower.
Sorry for my ignorance but who is the elegant lady with Princess Mickael of Kent?

Last edited:

Prince Michael arrived in the Ukraine with 60 members of the British ''Air Squadron'' flying club yesterday, July 1st. 26 pilots arrived on their own with aircrafts of the WWI, WWII and the post-war period to take part in the Retro Planes Festival in Kiev.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Princess Michael of Kent and Lady Annabel Goldsmith at the Gentlemen's Singles semi-final match between Novak Djokovic of Serbia and Juan Martin Del Potro of Argentina at Wimbledon on July 5, 2013:

** Pic **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom