Preferred Wives For William and Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not everyone has a narrow or traditional definition of "Christian".
Some people, like me, respect Jesus' teachings above all others because his life reached the highest place of spiritual evolution. Yet my spirituality is not limited to the Christian religion. For me, spirituality encompasses a mixture of Christian, Buddhist, and Quantum Mechanics.

Yes, that's you CasiraghiTrio, but the Queen is a devout Christian and she surely minds with the faith of future children of William and Harry. William will be one day the head of the Anglican Church. The queen knows that if William (who doesnt seem to be very religious) marries a very devout roman catholic or a devout muslim... probably the lady will want to raise their children according to her beliefs... If it's difficult to imagine a british heir marrying a Muslim or an Indian young girl it is even more difficult to imagine a british king/queen professing non-anglican beliefs.

Even if the bride-to-be says "I am not a roman catholic anymore", who knows if she is telling the truth? It's always very difficult for us (and for the queen I guess) to know if they changed her faith because they really changed their mind or because they would do anything to marry a Prince.

But then Ella is a bit older than William ... she is born April 23, 1981 ... whereas William is born in June 1982 ... :nonono:

Maybe he likes older women LOL

Lady Gabriella would make a great queen of any country! :flowers:

I'm just joking, Al_bina. That's what I was trying to convey with the "wink" smiley face.
I do apologise for my rant. At the same time, I find it annoying when people criticise Prince and Princess Michael without a good reason. One thing we can acknowledge is that the couple in question has done a wonderful job of bringing up Lady Gabriella.

No problem, Al_bina -- tone is notoriously tough to both convey and read over the Internet, I think.

I do agree that Lady Gabriella and her parents seem like fascinating people, and I think Ella seems rather well grounded. I like that she's an independent woman with her own career in journalism. I didn't realize that she and William were so close in age -- she comes off as so sophisticated and mature, where William still seems like quite a young person in some ways.

Given all inter-relationships between the Royal Families of Europe (although it's not so tight as it was in the past), is a marriage between second-cousins-once-removed who are related to each other in different ways actually a good idea?

I'm a little squeamish about this prospective match. They've appeared on the Buckingham Palace balconey a bit too often as members of the same family. Perhaps it's a North American thing, but we really don't like the idea of first or second cousins marrying.:ermm:

I agree with you carlota why not ...:flowers:

Last edited:
Hmmmm.....well, I must say, that as a North American I do not think that we really look too fondly on marrying our first and second cousins either :nonono: but since it was brought up, I was I was under the impression that Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburg were second cousins once removed through Christian IX of Denmark as well as third cousins (both sharing Queen Victoria as a great great grandmother. So......

I do agree, Princess Madeline of Sweden would be a wonderful choice for one of the Princes. She is truly a beauty, has grace, and would undoubtably bring some nice jewelry to the union!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, forget the Act of Settlement (I bet William and Harry would like to too) so my preferred wife for William would be his cousin Lady Gabriella. If we are to forget the Act of Settlement we can forget other things too......

I am quoting "me" to bring your attention to the very last sentence of my post "If we are to forget the Act of Settlement we can forget other things too" the cousin relationship for instance....
I wouldn´t want Princess Michael for my mother-in-law, that would mean I was married to Freddie.....:ohmy:
I haven´t the admiration that Al Bina has for the two Kent parents I am afraid. He, I think is one of the best looking men of the BRF family. The Princess was accused of plagiarism at the time of the publication of her books but so what. She once had a wonderful fall in the middle of a ballroom and managed to get up fairly gracefully and laugh. Otherwise I know nothing about the parents but for looks Lady Gabriella for me is really a lovely young woman and she has a head that a crown would look very well on..

Gabriella & William just feels... wrong I guess, maybe I'm just used to thinking of them as members of the same family, but they're not really close relatives at all.
... Only they are related through several lines... Very traditional really. Queen Victoria would approve!

I am quoting "me" to bring your attention to the very last sentence of my post "If we are to forget the Act of Settlement we can forget other things too" the cousin relationship for instance....
I wouldn´t want Princess Michael for my mother-in-law, that would mean I was married to Freddie.....:ohmy:
I haven´t the admiration that Al Bina has for the two Kent parents I am afraid. He, I think is one of the best looking men of the BRF family. The Princess was accused of plagiarism at the time of the publication of her books but so what. She once had a wonderful fall in the middle of a ballroom and managed to get up fairly gracefully and laugh. Otherwise I know nothing about the parents but for looks Lady Gabriella for me is really a lovely young woman and she has a head that a crown would look very well on..

Ella sure is one lovely young women. I fully agree. However, she also appears to be very independant and adventurous to me. Just look at all the travelling she has done so far or read her articles. In particular in her writings one can see that she does have her own mind IMHO. I doubt Ella could integrate in the RF giving giving up her independant mind. No, she sure is a perfect member of the extended RF, but that's it. :flowers:

Avicenna my words of "wisdom :ohmy:" were based solely on looks, they would look good together, nothing else. As a couple I don´t think they would be compatible at all.
Fantasy is fantasy. But, the girl really would look wonderful in a crown.

Avicenna my words of "wisdom :ohmy:" were based solely on looks, they would look good together, nothing else. As a couple I don´t think they would be compatible at all.
Fantasy is fantasy. But, the girl really would look wonderful in a crown.

Yes, but as somebofy qute rightly pointed out, does one want Princess Pushy any closer to the throne than she already is. That could be difficult and emabarrassing!

maybe possible
Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg for Prince William, Princess Madeleine of Sweden for Prince Herry

maybe possible
Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg for Prince William, Princess Madeleine of Sweden for Prince Herry

One should not forget that in former times princesses had to marry princes as a mere nobleman wouldn't do. And there were lots and lots of them, not just a son and a daughter for a "normal" Royal couple like today but large families with a lot of siblings. So of course attending family or state events like weddings, coronations, baptisms, funerals or even birthdays were opportunities for the youngsters to meet - as early as at the nursery, where they all were kept apart from the grown-ups but later at the events themselves when time was right to contract marriages they met again and had a chance to fall in love or at least feel they could live with another as husband and spouse.

Today only some Royals attend such occasions, it's very rare if the souverain and the Crown prince(ss) attend the same event in a foreign country and next to impossible to greet a whole family of foreign Royalty. So no wonder those Royal kids don't meet within their circles, which are no "circles" anymore while they do meet all kind of other children and later grown-ups.

Yes, but as somebofy qute rightly pointed out, does one want Princess Pushy any closer to the throne than she already is. That could be difficult and emabarrassing!

One big push and she could be sitting on it.....:lol:

One should not forget that in former times princesses had to marry princes as a mere nobleman wouldn't do. And there were lots and lots of them, not just a son and a daughter for a "normal" Royal couple like today but large families with a lot of siblings. So of course attending family or state events like weddings, coronations, baptisms, funerals or even birthdays were opportunities for the youngsters to meet - as early as at the nursery, where they all were kept apart from the grown-ups but later at the events themselves when time was right to contract marriages they met again and had a chance to fall in love or at least feel they could live with another as husband and spouse.

Today only some Royals attend such occasions, it's very rare if the souverain and the Crown prince(ss) attend the same event in a foreign country and next to impossible to greet a whole family of foreign Royalty. So no wonder those Royal kids don't meet within their circles, which are no "circles" anymore while they do meet all kind of other children and later grown-ups.

Didn´t Queen Margarethe of Denmark have the wonderful idea of a royal cruise on her yacht. I don´t know if it ended up in any royal marriage or not though.

One big push and she could be sitting on it.....:lol:

:eek::eek:enough to make most of republicans! :nonono::nonono::nonono:Perish the thought of that greedy woman doing any more damage to the royal family than she does as she goes about her daily business as a rent-a-royal!

That's what I meant, jcbcode. I'm Canadian.:flowers:

and therefore, no intermarrying as well! Although, for generations in the American South it was not uncommon for second and third cousins to marry, I believe that there are now laws against it--although some states may still allow it. I frankly don't get it---it's important to expand the gene pool, you know what I mean???:ROFLMAO:
All this discussion of Gabriella marrying William is disturbing. She is certainly gorgeous, but I just don't really think we'll ever see that happen.
However, someon mentioned Princess Alexandra of Luxemberg and I have to agree that she could be a good one for Harry. She's really lovely. The only royal person I don't particularly like for either is Charlotte Casiraghi because she seems to be too much of a party-type (on par with Princess Bea) but there is no question she is remarkably beautiful--just as her mother and grandmother.

Pure fantasy Janet, pure fantasy, mind you here in Portugal cousins marrying is not unusual. My parents-in-law were second cousins. Charlotte Casiraghi is very pretty but she always has such a petulant look about her, she doesn´t look as though she is having fun even when they say she is at a party.

:eek::eek:enough to make most of republicans! :nonono::nonono::nonono:Perish the thought of that greedy woman doing any more damage to the royal family than she does as she goes about her daily business as a rent-a-royal!
As a big supporter of Prince and Princess Michael and Lady Gabriella... Why is it necessary to spread slanders about Princess Michael without good reasons to do so? What are the real chances of Lady Gabriella marrying Prince William? I think that these chances are zero. I know this thread is just a mere speculations on our part, but nobody seems to adversely comment about other prospective in-laws. Does it mean that other prospective in-laws are perfect?
The British Royal family has been damaging itself without Prince and Princess Michael. Let us not forget about scandalous divorces of Princes Charles and Prince Andrew, who did tarnish the image of the monarchy.

Hi Al Bina,

Nicely said; I agree with you 100%......
Let us not slander Princess Michael on press and media characterizations... She has been labelled as 'the bad seed' in the Royal Family but do we really know her??

And, since this is a 'fantasy' thread anyway, Gabriella has as much chance of marrying William as any of the other 'candidates'!!!

Larry

Why is it necessary to spread slanders about Princess Michael without good reasons to do so?

I do not believe my statements are tantamount to slander, they are merely a reaction to a terrible thought (IMO).

What are the real chances of Lady Gabriella marrying Prince William? I think that these chances are zero. I know this thread is just a mere speculations on our part, but nobody seems to adversely comment about other prospective in-laws. Does it mean that other prospective in-laws are perfect?

Thankfully, absolutely none!

If it makes you feel better, some pretty terrible things have been said about the Middletons over time (doors to manual.......)

Let us not forget about scandalous divorces of Princes Charles and Prince Andrew, who did tarnish the image of the monarchy.

As regards the "scandalous divorces of Princes Charles and Prince Andrew", I just do not think that is relevant to this conversation.

I appreciate you have a point of view, and you are a supporter of Prince & Princess Michael. I respect that view, but unfortunately, I am not a fan of the couple. I just think they have consistently failed to conduct themselves in the way they ought to, and perhaps thats why I tend not to follow their current events.... and that is why I would be horrified if Princess Pushy became the mother-in-law of the future King! Its not easy to rationalise these feelings, and why you may like them and I may not, but we are all different people.

She has been labelled as 'the bad seed' in the Royal Family but do we really know her??

You are right, we do not really know her, but over the years we know quite a few stories about her... numerous lovers (for both of them), fake sheikh, "anything for a hot lunch", being accused of plaigarism when she wrote a book, some racist comments in a restaurant in NY........ and that is quite enough for me. I know the press is not always right, but some of this has got to stick. It is clear she is not very popular in the BRF either. Based on all of this, I really do not want to know much more about her!

Princess Michael is one of my favourite royals.:wub:

First and foremost, because she has a long and distinguished pedigree, which is nevertheless largely unrelated to the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha/Oldenburg lines which dominate most of the royal houses today. Which of itself sets her apart from most of the people who have married into the BRF in the last half century, all of them commoners or of undistinguished aristocratic blood.

She is of royal blood and knows it. She has attitude, her own opinions, is a beautiful strong woman, dignified, elegant, without being vulgar or the typical bland, boring royal. And the fact that she has the backbone to stand up to the Queen and other more senior members of the BRF only endears her to me, because few other people would dare to do so, royal or not. And at the end of the day the BRF are people like any other and need to be put in their place, from time to time, so it is good that there is a Princess Michael around to remind them that they are still only humans like the rest of us :lol:

A quick Google Image Search on her two children will show that her genes were a more than welcome addition to the BRF ;) And the marriage of her daughter to Prince William and of her son to Princess Beatice would be a most welcome looks&personality upgrade for the next generation of British royals.

muriel,
I think it will be better for us to leave the discussion at this point as this discussion has got little to do with the topic. Indeed there are numerous old stories about Princess Michael. However, these stories tend to look pale in comparison with stories published about senior members of the British Royal family. Let us just disagree.

muriel,
I think it will be better for us to leave the discussion at this point as this discussion has got little to do with the topic. Indeed there are numerousold stories about Princess Michael. There is nothing new. However, these stories tend to look pale in comparison with stories published about senior members of the British Royal family. Let us just disagree.

You are right, this conversation is digressing from the topic of this thread. You are also right in that the stories are old (and not so old, but certaibly not new news). I only mentioned them to explain where I was coming from, but we can agree to disagree on this one:flowers:

First and foremost, because she has a long and distinguished pedigree, which is nevertheless largely unrelated to the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha/Oldenburg lines which dominate most of the royal houses today. Which of itself sets her apart from most of the people who have married into the BRF in the last half century, all of them commoners or of undistinguished aristocratic blood.

She is of royal blood and knows it. She has attitude, her own opinions, is a beautiful strong woman, dignified, elegant, without being vulgar or the typical bland, boring royal. And the fact that she has the backbone to stand up to the Queen and other more senior members of the BRF only endears her to me, because few other people would dare to do so, royal or not. And at the end of the day the BRF are people like any other and need to be put in their place, from time to time, so it is good that there is a Princess Michael around to remind them that they are still only humans like the rest of us :lol:

A quick Google Image Search on her two children will show that her genes were a more than welcome addition to the BRF ;) And the marriage of her daughter to Prince William and of her son to Princess Beatice would be a most welcome looks&personality upgrade for the next generation of British royals.

Her blood lines and looks mean little to me, unfortunately, when compared to some of the things she has been up to. But as Al B rightly pointed out, we are digressing....

Just a footnote on Princess Michael´s pedigree. Only on her mother´s side does she have royal blood.
Let´s not digress. We are fantasizing about a wife for the two Wales Princes.

Yes, that's you CasiraghiTrio, but the Queen is a devout Christian and she surely minds with the faith of future children of William and Harry. William will be one day the head of the Anglican Church.
It is true that the official position means that the monarch and future monarchs are expected to set an example. I don't pretend to know what the Queen's personal feelings are, but certainly her official position has to be prejudiced in favor of the Anglican faith. That said, I like that Prince Charles made an attempt to change that expectation. With the diminishing of Anglican numbers, it strikes me as appropriate for the monarch to be Defender of Catholic, Jewish, Buddhist, Muslim subjects as well as the minority of Anglican subjects.
The queen knows that if William (who doesnt seem to be very religious) marries a very devout roman catholic or a devout muslim... probably the lady will want to raise their children according to her beliefs... If it's difficult to imagine a british heir marrying a Muslim or an Indian young girl it is even more difficult to imagine a british king/queen professing non-anglican beliefs.
Even if the bride-to-be says "I am not a roman catholic anymore", who knows if she is telling the truth? It's always very difficult for us (and for the queen I guess) to know if they changed her faith because they really changed their mind or because they would do anything to marry a Prince.
This is a good point. Prince and Princess Michael agreed officially to raise their kids as Anglicans, but domestic religion is an ambiguous thing. Even with Lord Fred and Lady Ella going off to C of E boarding schools, they ha ve their own minds like anyone and they have other (in the case of your argument, parental) influences.
Maybe he likes older women LOL

Lady Gabriella would make a great queen of any country! :flowers:
I think Prince William probably likes slightly older women. Kate is six months his senior. When he was about 18, or 19, he dated a 20 something model, Natalie Something. He supposedly had teenage crushes on Tara PT and Laura PB. That Zara Simmonds chick was 19 and he was 13 when their little childish fling hit the rumor mill.

Lady Ella is very pretty and liberally educated. I agree she's a good fantasy, if not likely, bride for William. Her mother, however intelligent and otherwise gifted, is still scary though. LOL

Last edited:
Whatever one's opinion on HRH Princess Michael of Kent (and mine is mixed) the lady can wear some jewels! Just to play "Fantasy" as my friend Menarue calls it, let's just suppose that Gabriella does marry William and brings some of those Kent jewels BACK into the main line of the British Royal Family? That would just be heavenly--although ,as we've said, completely unrealistic. But, for the sake of jewels I might change my opinion.........

Whatever one's opinion on HRH Princess Michael of Kent (and mine is mixed) the lady can wear some jewels! Just to play "Fantasy" as my friend Menarue calls it, let's just suppose that Gabriella does marry William and brings some of those Kent jewels BACK into the main line of the British Royal Family? That would just be heavenly--although ,as we've said, completely unrealistic. But, for the sake of jewels I might change my opinion.........

Now thats an interesting thought thats worth pursuing for the sake of "Fantasy" - though I wouldbe surprised if any of those jewels came back to the royal fold whilst Princess Pushy is alive...... and then it will be a question of how much is left to each of the two children. Clearly from a financial point of view, one is more likely to need them than the other!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom