Preferred Wives For William and Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The seating precedence did it. Wasn't it a wedding where Charles and Camilla attended together but he was seated as a royal and Camilla had to even enter by a separate door? i think that's when he'd had it and said "Camilla is non-negotiable".

Now.. even if William HAD attended Victoria and Daniel's wedding, he'd have probably walked in with Edward and Sophie. Madeleine was sister of the bride and family. William was/would have been a visiting representative of his family.

Oh yes, thats when Charles fell out with the Van Cutsems, it was their son Edward's wedding and Charles couldn't sit next to Charles because the Queen was attending.

Oh yes, thats when Charles fell out with the Van Cutsems, it was their son Edward's wedding and Charles couldn't sit next to Charles because the Queen was attending.

Camilla was only the royal interest of the heart at the time.. :D

Last edited:
^ So what if Charlotte is a commoner? But she has some drops of royal blood in her and what if Albert decided to give his nieces and nephews titles and she accepts then she'd be a royal, which would make those who are all for royal- royal marriages happy. I like Chelsy, I think she's great. She understands the value of education and work- she doesn't seem to be afraid of hard work. I like that she is making something for herself. She's definitely going to do well in life whether she marries Harry or not but I just prefer Charlotte for Harry than Chelsy.

Well even if she gets a title the Monegasque's are a Princely family not a royal family.

At royal weddings couples don't walk in with each other so Edward & Sophie walked in with their respective dinner partners which is who they were sitting next to, Madeleine sat next to King Abdullah and walked in with him, so if she sat with Wills she would walk in with him.

There were some rumours at that time in the 80ies that former Queen Anne-Marie of Greece only gave birth to her youngest children (born in 1983 and 1986)to possibly have another chance (after Alexia and Andrew/ Edward didn´t match) that one of them might marry a member of the British royal family because it fit quite well to the dates of William´s and Harry´s births (1982 and 1984) - former King Constantine became William´s godfather after all.....

I forgot to mention what is in my mind for some while now: Is it a coincidence that Harry seems to prefer Blondes whereas William is in love with the dark-haired Kate? Might that shed a light on what kind of a relationship they had to their late mother Diana? If I see f.i. the Berleburg family: Both Alexandra and Nathalie married the spitting image of their father IMO whereas Gustav is in love for some time now with the dark-haired Carina.
My childhood-girlfriend had a father with brown eyes, black full hair a little overweight and a full beard and she married a man who is very tall and thin and light-blond with blue eyes....

How fabulous that would be if William fell in love with another royal or even an aristocrat. It would sure make many royal watchers happy! I was very pleased when Phillipe of Belgium found love with the lovely aristocrat Mathilde. And she has turned out to be a wonderful partner for him. Ten years later they still look so in love.
It would be nice if the tradition continued in the British royal family of the future King marrying a noblewoman. Not saying he has to, but it would be nice!!

It's seems like some of the bloggers on this blog have become unofficial matchmakers. I was thinking about this at length and came up with an idea that might work. If a royal household prefers that their son or daughter marry a royal or someone of nobility, what they might do is figure out who would be compatible with their son or daughter or who had similiar interests. As they were growing up, this royal household would invite the families of these individuals to parties and other social events and have someone observe what is going on especially when they are older. The person would then report back to them. The parents would never tell their children they are doing this. If A & B get along or seem to have similiar interests and are going to college, encourage them go to the same college.

This may or may not work. It's very evident what doesn't work. Laying down the law on this issue.

How fabulous that would be if William fell in love with another royal or even an aristocrat. It would sure make many royal watchers happy! I was very pleased when Phillipe of Belgium found love with the lovely aristocrat Mathilde. And she has turned out to be a wonderful partner for him. Ten years later they still look so in love.
It would be nice if the tradition continued in the British royal family of the future King marrying a noblewoman. Not saying he has to, but it would be nice!!

After the disaster of the current heir to the throne's marriage to a member; of the aristocracy I hope that that doesn't ever happen again - a love match yes but not for some 'tradition'.

Let the royals just fade away by having love matches with commoners until they are no longer 'different' or 'special' and have them happy while it happens.

If you'll notice I did say, "if William fell in love with". Of course it would need to be a love match. I'm sure not all aristocrats are like Diana was. And the marriage didn't fail because she was an aristocat. It failed from not having anything in common, lack of love (on Charles part.
There are more good examples of noble alliances (Mathilde, Queen Mother etc.) than bad ones.

What about Alexandra Knatchbull? Does anybody know, if she's still in contact with the princes?

Knatch is quite a feast for the eyes and very bright as well. Perhaps too bright and beautiful for William. :p

All that William needs to do is to find a nice Princess from North Germany or the Netherlands. It's that easy.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
There are no marriage age Princesses from the Netherlands. Now there is Juliana Guillmero and Princess Maria Carolina of Parma but I think they are Catholic. And we all know that William marrying a Catholic and keeping his place in the line of succession is going to require a law change. I am not familiar with German princesses but people tend to marry people that they know :) Does William know any German Princessess....he might know those from Phillip's side of the family.

But potential wives for William can be discussed here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/preferred-wives-for-william-and-harry-5260-97.html .

Last edited:

Because it was my comment and I am from northern Germany????:ohmy:

Not that I´ve said anything like that...nor that I meant it like that. It was only an example that a marriage between Royals and not Royals could work.

But Zonk is right, that´s not theme from this thread.

Oh,ok.I was thinking of something else while reading.Mea culpa.

All that William needs to do is to find a nice Princess from North Germany or the Netherlands. It's that easy.

Any suggestions?

Although I think it is easier to with someone from an aristocratic background, I don't think it needs to be 'royalty'. I also think that poor William has not been given the opportunity to socialize on the continent and befriend enough of the young royals/aristos...allowing him to perhaps meet someone 'simpatico' in a relaxed or social setting. I, however, see him with a British bride or someone from a current or former Commonwealth nation.

Just my opinion.

edited by Zonk

Although I think it is easier to with someone from an aristocratic background, I don't think it needs to be 'royalty'. I also think that poor William has not been given the opportunity to socialize on the continent and befriend enough of the young royals/aristos...allowing him to perhaps meet someone 'simpatico' in a relaxed or social setting. I, however, see him with a British bride or someone from a current or former Commonwealth nation.

Just my opinion.
I would be glad if anyone really into royal affairs would venture an opinion on why William hasn't socialized much on the Continent. It was only a hundred years ago that most of European aristocracy was literally one big happy/unhappy afterall ... with the British Royal Family as the lynchpin more or less.

I would be glad if anyone really into royal affairs would venture an opinion on why William hasn't socialized much on the Continent. It was only a hundred years ago that most of European aristocracy was literally one big happy/unhappy afterall ... with the British Royal Family as the lynchpin more or less.

I am glad you appreciate the limitation this has presented him.

I just had one thought in response your post. William lost his mother at 15. It takes some time to get through that grief. I lost my father at 32 (he was 68) and it was 4 to 5 years before the mere thought of him would no longer bring me to tears and a sad place. Then he had his gap year and university. Socializing abroad during his uni years may have set him more apart from his peers. This was followed by rather inflexible military training.

Of course, I feel this exposure should have been facilitated.

Maybe he'll get out and about (and not at Boujis) over the next few years.

Charles, in comparison, has been the heir from a young age and as such, had significantly more royal duties, engagements and as a consequence more continental ties and relationships. Of course in the end it didn't matter because he married as Earl Spencer said 'a very British girl.'

Basically after World War One George V encouraged his children to be British first and foremost and to look to Britian for their spouses and this has continued into the present reign. Since George V there have been 10 children of monarchs - 1 didn't marry (John), 2 married foreign royals - Duke of Kent and Queen Elizabeth, 1 married an American and 6 married British partners (8 if you include Charles and Anne having had two marriages) so it is clear that the British royal family are looking to build ties in Britain rather than with foreigners.

Maybe he'll get out and about (and not at Boujis) over the next few years.

Charles, in comparison, has been the heir from a young age and as such, had significantly more royal duties, engagements and as a consequence more continental ties and relationships. Of course in the end it didn't matter because he married as Earl Spencer said 'a very British girl.'

If you look, William hasn't been out clubbing for weeks.

Also Charles had to do more engagements, had to make continental ties, he is the heir to the throne, whereas William and his brother have the ability to relax.

If you look, William hasn't been out clubbing for weeks.

Also Charles had to do more engagements, had to make continental ties, he is the heir to the throne, whereas William and his brother have the ability to relax.

I wasn't trying to insult PW. I have no problem with young people going out and having fun with their mates. He outgrew it at an appropriate time. I was just trying to be humorous. I apologise if this offended you.

I agree PW was and is not the immediate heir. (Unlike the critics, I don't believe he needs to be doing more engagements). I was just pointing out that those exact very valid differences were likely contributory. No swipe at all. I love PW and am happy he has been able to have more time for himself and doing sometime he loves, SAR.

Basically after World War One George V encouraged his children to be British first and foremost and to look to Britian for their spouses and this has continued into the present reign. Since George V there have been 10 children of monarchs - 1 didn't marry (John), 2 married foreign royals - Duke of Kent and Queen Elizabeth, 1 married an American and 6 married British partners (8 if you include Charles and Anne having had two marriages) so it is clear that the British royal family are looking to build ties in Britain rather than with foreigners.

Thank you!

Just my opinion.

Precisely! William and Henry need to put it out there in the Continental Royal houses (Protestant only please - hence North German or Dutch circles (or Scandinavian)).

The Princess Theodora of Greece looked quiet lovely at the Greek wedding. Its a shame we couldn't get William over there. I know he has a girlfriend but there is always hope.

I think that also Isabella Amaryllis Charlotte Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe would be a better choice than Kate,but as I read somewhere she declined Prince William...

The Princess Theodora of Greece looked quiet lovely at the Greek wedding. Its a shame we couldn't get William over there. I know he has a girlfriend but there is always hope.

My hope would be, if not Kate.....;)

Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland

I think that also Isabella Amaryllis Charlotte Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe would be a better choice than Kate,but as I read somewhere she declined Prince William...

When you say declined... are you impleying that he made an offer???? I never heard of this when would he have time to he been with Kate for so long... it must have been when he was very young.....

If not Kate I think Isabella and Madeline are a little glam for William. I think William expressed interest in Isabella before attending college if I recall correctly. Either way it was Pre Kate.

He seems to like a simple girl who is pretty and quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom