Preferred Wives For William and Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Alexandra Knatchbull? Does anybody know, if she's still in contact with the princes?

Does it really matter who they marry as long as they don't marry a Catholic or someone with a bad history (family problems, criminal charges etc)? They should find someone who they are happy with and is likable.

Does it really matter who they marry as long as they don't marry a Catholic or someone with a bad history (family problems, criminal charges etc)? They should find someone who they are happy with and is likable.

Well, today many things seem to be quite more relaxed. Of course they should marry someone they love. But you can't deny that it would be a godsend if they would fell in love with someone like Princess Madeleine or any other princess because they know how royal business works. :cool:

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't Beatrice and Eugenie first cousins to William and Harry? If so, they wouldn't be the ideal choices for their brides.....

Back in the day......first cousins (and today honestly in some places) would be eligible to marry. I believe the British Royal Family historically has drawn the line at fourth cousins and below and first cousins once removed...which I have NEVER understood (the concept of what a first cousin once removed is...to me that is a second cousin).

So in another time....there could be an opportunity...but I think it would be moreso someone on the level of Lady Gabriella Windsor and Prince William of Wales who share a ancestor (George V)

Lady Gabriella > Prince Michael of Kent > George, Duke of Kent > George V
Prince William > Prince Charles > Queen Elizabeth II > George VI > George V

Hopefully, I didn't forget anyone!

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't Beatrice and Eugenie first cousins to William and Harry? If so, they wouldn't be the ideal choices for their brides.....

:) I think she means that a hundred years ago this wouldn't have been unthinkable, but now it would be. Or less time than that - :ermm: aren't Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip second cousins or something like that?

The Mail Online had a slightly creepy article awhile back suggesting a list of new girlfriends for one of them when they were between girlfriends. I don't remember which one it was ( William or Harry ) but one of the girls was a first cousin on their mother's side :ohmy:. A lot of people wrote in to say "Ewww".

Yes, HM and Prince Philip are related.

Queen Victoria > Edward VII > George V. > George VI. > Elizabeth II.

Queen Victoria > Princess Alice > Victoria of Battenberg (née von Hessen-Darmstadt) > Princess Alice of Greece > Prince Philip.

So they are third cousins. I also read some articles when Kate and William had their split and there was this list of "potential" girlfriends including Lady Gabriella Windsor and Alexandra Knatchbull (which is also a cousin of William). To be honest, an relationship with Alexandra - I wouldn't mind if they're related :D But the Knatchbulls have their own drug-escapade at the moment, maybe even more worse than the "Uncle-Gary-Oddysey". BTW Lord Mountbatten (Prince Philip's uncle) hardly tried to make a match between his granddaughter Amanda and Prince Charles.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's actually still legal for a person to marry his/her first cousin in Britain (correct me if I'm wrong, Brits!).

The Queen and Prince Philip are actually doubly related. They're third cousins through Queen Victoria and second cousins once removed through Christian IX of Denmark (once known as the "father-in-law" of Europe).

But I agree with the consensus that close cousins would be absolutely out as partners for William/Harry today. Royals should always be seeking to widen the ol' genetic pool anyway, IMO. :D

I don't know how it is in Britain but here in Germany its legal to marry a first cousin (but if I imagine my first cousin - a no-go of course :lol:). If they are distantly related I think its not THAT problem as at least since Queen Victoria and Christian IX nearly every RF in Europe is related to one another. But you're right, Harry and William - as their ancestors have been doubly and threefold related - really should widen the genetic pool :D

:flowers::) Now that Harry's broken up for good with Chelsy Davy, it occurs to me that he needs a new girlfriend. Since this is the "preferred wives" thread, does anyone have a preference for who they would like to see Harry have as a new girlfriend? :cool: I still like Charlotte Casiragi, but I think she's already in a relationship. Plus, she's Catholic, which makes her a no-go in the wife department. He needs a new British girlfriend.

:britflag::monacoflag::princess: Charlotte Casiraghi

http://www.gala.fr/var/gal/storage/...41-1-fre-FR/charlotte_casiraghi_reference.jpg

Maybe Eugunie Niarchos?? Bee Schaffer (Anna Wintours daughter).

Charlotte is a beauty for sure, and Harry would fit in with her lifestyle, but I am afraid that it would not go down well with his relatives. I cannot see this happening in my life-time! :( You Have brought up a good question however, Myself......

I think it's actually still legal for a person to marry his/her first cousin in Britain (correct me if I'm wrong, Brits!).

The Queen and Prince Philip are actually doubly related. They're third cousins through Queen Victoria and second cousins once removed through Christian IX of Denmark (once known as the "father-in-law" of Europe).

But I agree with the consensus that close cousins would be absolutely out as partners for William/Harry today. Royals should always be seeking to widen the ol' genetic pool anyway, IMO. :D

Thanks to the Queen Mother and the Princess Diana, the British Royak Family have had a considerable amount of new blood introduced. Marrying a cousin as distant as Lady Gabriella or Alexandra Knatchbull wouldn't be a problem at all, especially as both of those young ladies have just a trace of royal blood now. They would help to widen the gene pool. I can't imagine either of these princes marrying a princess now, I think they will both marry British girls.

Seeing as Madeline is off the menu for both boys now. :flowers:
I would love William to meet or even date Princess Nathalie of Denmark. :)

Doubtful William or Harry will marry their cousins, they are like brothers to them. ;)

Seeing as Madeline is off the menu for both boys now. :flowers:
I would love William to meet or even date Princess Nathalie of Denmark. :)

Doubtful William or Harry will marry their cousins, they are like brothers to them. ;)

Don´t you think that Princess Nathalie zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg is a littel bit old for Prince William ? The princess is from 1975 and the Prince is from 1982-1983.

Don´t you think that Princess Nathalie zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg is a littel bit old for Prince William ? The princess is from 1975 and the Prince is from 1982-1983.

No a 7 year age gap isn't that big. There is a 13 year age gap between the Duke and Duchess of Brabant.
Charlotte Casiraghi would also be perfect for Harry. :flowers:

No a 7 year age gap isn't that big. There is a 13 year age gap between the Duke and Duchess of Brabant.
Charlotte Casiraghi would also be perfect for Harry. :flowers:

What about children then ? The fact is that Princess Nathalie is over 30 years and it migth get hard to produce a heir becuse of her age...

Harry and Charlotte or Bee Schaffer. William and Eugenie Niarchos?

Hmmm... I heard William had a crush on Alexandra Knatchbull when he was in his teens, so I think he doesn't see a sister in her :D
As to Charlotte Casiraghi - I think because of her faith there's no real chance. Harry would have to give up his right on the throne if he marries her and for someone who is currently the third in the line of succession it would be quite unlikely, wouldn't it?

:previous::flowers: Not bad :lol: Maybe he'll read this and take our valuable relationship advice :cool:he could do worse!

Let's see - so far we have

:daneflag: Princess Nathalie zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
http://www.nettyroyal.nl/images/nathalie.jpg

:question: Eugunie Niarchos ( I think this is her- I'm not sure who she is. Is she British?)
Eugenie Niarchos photo, picture, pic, image, snap, latest and recent photo

:usaflag: Bee Schaffer
http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-ph...cal-hour-broadway-opening-arrivals-02gswt.jpg

:britflag:Lady Gabriella
http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-ph...indsor-2006-british-fashion-awards-WoPWGh.jpg

:britflag: Alexandra Knatchbull
http://freepages.family.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~fergy/Victoria/alexandraknatchbull.jpg

:monacoflag: Charlotte Casiraghi
Charlotte Casiraghi Picture #385076 - 404 x 803 - FanPix.Net

I like your advices, Myself1995 - and I wish William and Harry would take them to heart :D :flowers:

Myself, I don't think that the W&H Wales will ever marry Lady Gabriella who is their close cousin;
Natalie - is from that what I know in relationship nad she is much older;
Katherine "Bee" - anyone know her and there was one American in the family;
Alexandra - does anyone know what happen with her now;
Charlotte - many of us want to see her as a princess but she is in relationship and she is Catholic.

With the exception of Natalie (because of her age) they are all decent choices but probably not going to happen.

Charlotte - her religious faith and already in a relatinship
Bee - American...have they ever met? I don't think Harry and/or William wouldn't marry an American unless she was like Chelsy (or Autumn, or Mary of Denmark) met in another country and then SHE moves over to the UK, gets a job and they date and marry
Gabriella - would be perfect but they are close cousins
Amanda - would make the late Earl happy...but who knows

Nope....if William doesn't marry Kate both boys will marry someone from the British aristoracy. Harry is never going to marry anyone like Chelsy...he knows his duty

Myself, I don't think that the W&H Wales will ever marry Lady Gabriella who is their close cousin;
Natalie - is from that what I know in relationship nad she is much older;
Katherine "Bee" - anyone know her and there was one American in the family;
Alexandra - does anyone know what happen with her now;
Charlotte - many of us want to see her as a princess but she is in relationship and she is Catholic.

Yes, Alexandra read Theology at Regent's Park College, University of Oxford and obtained an upper-second-class degree (2005) as well as serving a year in office as Captain of Boats. In the autumn of 2006 she began graduate studies at the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University, focusing in International Security. What she does now at the moment, I'm not sure about. It was rumoured that she would like to work for Scotland Yard in future.

Nope....if William doesn't marry Kate both boys will marry someone from the British aristoracy. Harry is never going to marry anyone like Chelsy...he knows his duty

I'm not so sure with William, but yes, I agree with Harry. Chelsy never was a serious future bride in my eyes. And thats sometimes a bit of problem what I have with Kate. You know, Chelsy attended the Philips-wedding also like Kate attends many weddings on which the Princes are present but all the same Chelsy's off the race now.

IMO attending weddigns doesn't mean anything. Kate/Chelsy were the official girlfriends so of course they would attend weddings. When one of my girlfriends married in August, you had (based on her criteria) to be dating someone for at least a year and still together by that spring in order for your boyfriend to be invited to her wedding. No fly by night romances. I made the cut with my then boyfriend..and of course we broke up after that...so it really doesn't matter.

Due to their positions, I would assume that William and Harry just wouldn't bring just any girls as wedding guests.

Then we share the same opinion :) Its again a kind of pressure from the media IMO which tend towards to exaggerate such things.

What about children then ? The fact is that Princess Nathalie is over 30 years and it migth get hard to produce a heir becuse of her age...

Princess Mary, Princess Maxima, Princess Mette=Marit and Princess Letizia all gave birth to heirs over 30.

Hmmm... I heard William had a crush on Alexandra Knatchbull when he was in his teens, so I think he doesn't sees a sister in her :D

I didn't know Alexandra and the Prince were cousins?

Amanda - would make the late Earl happy...but who knows

Amanda who?

:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom