Preferred Wives For William and Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard numerous times that Wills and Madeleine make a good couple. But do you think they are well suited? What is the overall opinion of her in her own country? Like, is she not to be taken seriously? Does she spend a lot? Is she just a beautiful face with no substance? These might seem trivial at the time but if they were to hook-up and it became serious...? Could she face backlash from the people of Britain?

I would love to see Prince William with Charlotte Casiraghi. The most beautiful couple in the world!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Benjamin said:
Some more:
Princess Caroline Napoléon, 26 RC
Princess Aglaë of Baden, 25
Princess Maria Donata zur Lippe, 24
Princess Sophie of Schleswig-Holstein, 23
Baroness Eleuthera Pernot de Breuil (Css of Mountbatten's g-dau), 20 (RC?)
Princess Leonie of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach, 20
Maria de la Blanca de Medina y Orléans-Braganza (dau of Duque de Segorbe & Pss Maria da Gloria of Orléans-Braganza), 20 RC
Duchess Olga of Mecklenberg-Strelitz, 18
Princess Irina of Prussia, 18

Benjamin,I really like your list.I think these ladies will make excellent choices.I just hope Prince William and Prince Harry will be happy and very fulfilled individuals who will have wives that will not only love them,and vice versa,but also support them in their positions,which may seem easy due to all the pampering and luxury.But it must be difficult to be in their positions,with all those duties and the endless attention.I like your motto too.

Princess Madeleine is thte only one who has the style and glamour I think William will need in a wife.I think she would do wonders in England- and be quite popular that's just a feeling I get.
I don't think Princess Charlotte would work she's Catholic and she's too young to take on that kind of role.

Penny Lane said:
I don't think Princess Charlotte would work she's Catholic and she's too young to take on that kind of role.
Nor is she a Princess. She's a mere Miss.

Penny Lane said:
Princess Madeleine is thte only one who has the style and glamour I think William will need in a wife.I think she would do wonders in England- and be quite popular that's just a feeling I get.

I think Princess Madeleine does meet the requirement for glamour.:)

Madeleine might just be a dream choice on my part but then again who knows.William will have to have someone who understands the life and there will be many expectaions on his wife.I think Madeleine at least on paper is perfect I don't know if either of them would even consider it.They are the same age and were born in the same month and year-maybe that means nothing but it can't hurt:)

Warren said:
Nor is she a Princess. She's a mere Miss.
Yes I remember Caroline asked that Charlotte and her brothers would not be titled.

Penny Lane said:
Madeleine might just be a dream choice on my part but then again who knows.William will have to have someone who understands the life and there will be many expectaions on his wife.I think Madeleine at least on paper is perfect I don't know if either of them would even consider it.They are the same age and were born in the same month and year-maybe that means nothing but it can't hurt:)

Does anyone know if they even ever met? And, I wonder if like in the 'golden days' the monarchies correspond with each other about their children and possible 'matchups'.

Isn't it a shame that Charlotte's a Catholic? If she and William were to marry, William would gain the steadying influence of Ernst August as a father-in-law.

iowabelle said:
Isn't it a shame that Charlotte's a Catholic? If she and William were to marry, William would gain the steadying influence of Ernst August as a father-in-law.

I don't know if that would be a blessing to have Ernst August as a father-in-law IMO.:flowers:

I am mildly amused by all your suggestions. Most of the ladies you are mentioning are in long-running, apparently pretty stable relationships. Do you expect them to drop their partners only because William might be inclined to team up with them ?

HRH Kimetha said:
I don't know if that would be a blessing to have Ernst August as a father-in-law IMO.:flowers:

OMG!!! I have to agree with you there. If he didn't make a scene at the wedding then I would definitely bet on the reception!:ROFLMAO:

kerry said:
OMG!!! I have to agree with you there. If he didn't make a scene at the wedding then I would definitely bet on the reception!:ROFLMAO:

My point! :lol:

Stefan said:
Princess Aglae of Baden (* 03.02.1981), daughter of Prince Ludwig and Princess Marianne, née Princess of Auersperg

Interestingly, her grandmother was Princess Theodora of Greece, Prince Phillips's sister! So she's a second cousin of William and Harry (kinda too close imo).

HRH Kimetha said:
I agree -- yes, I was being tongue-in-cheek about it. But maybe he would liven things up, much like the claimants to the Italian throne at that one Spanish royal wedding!

iowabelle said:
I agree -- yes, I was being tongue-in-cheek about it. But maybe he would liven things up, much like the claimants to the Italian throne at that one Spanish royal wedding!

He sure would liven things up alright.:flowers:

Ok......... say William were to meet and fall in love with a Catholic girl. If she's willing to convert to the Church of England despite protest from her family and possible the Vatican. Would he still be allowed to marry her. CP Mary had to convert from a presbyterian to a lutheran before she marry CP Frederick.

At this point it's just a gussing game we all pick who we think would be ideal it's kind of fun:) What about one of Charles or Diana's goddaughter for a future wife there must be at least a couple that would be a good match for William:ermm:

Shadiyah2086 said:
Ok......... say William were to meet and fall in love with a Catholic girl. If she's willing to convert to the Church of England despite protest from her family and possible the Vatican. Would he still be allowed to marry her.

As long as she is no longer Catholic, then yes.

Shadiyah2086 said:
Ok......... say William were to meet and fall in love with a Catholic girl. If she's willing to convert to the Church of England despite protest from her family and possible the Vatican. Would he still be allowed to marry her. CP Mary had to convert from a presbyterian to a lutheran before she marry CP Frederick.

That's not much of a conversion as both fall under the category of Protestant churches.

sirhon11234 said:
Precisely!! William can find another suitable bride outside of England.:)

I think he should take a trip abroad and just do something. Maybe go to school or do some humanitarian work. And maybe he will just naturally fall in love with whomever (not necessarily a Princess or Countess or Baroness or noblewoman) without being under the gun of the British press. Then he should bring her back to England for a quick approval and announcement that the woman is to be his wife.

Shadiyah2086 said:

I think the times are passed when faith was instrumentalised by politics as it used to be for the last centuries. When Elisabeth Christine of Braunschweig -Wolfenbüttel should marry emperor Charles VI., she really hesitated because that meant to convert ot catholizism. But that was 1707 - not long after the Great War of 1618-1648 and faith was very much a political thing as well as personal. Nowadays I don't believe the current pope would have a problem to tell a future Princess of Wales to change her faith if need be... There is no political sense behind this any more and thus the church reacts differently to when it was a question of power. IMHO.

BurberryBrit said:
That's not much of a conversion as both fall under the category of Protestant churches.
Hmmm........ I have to wonder about the notion of Catholic vs Protestant in this day and age.

Way back when, Catholicism was deemed treason. There is nothing treasonable about being a Catholic in the 21st Century?

Wonder what would happen if William's choice was acceptable in every other way?

Let's face it, Edward may have given it all up for the woman he loved, but I never did think she loved him that much. Rather, she loved the Prince of Wales. I would hate for something like that to happen to William or Harry.

Let's face it, everyone deserves to be loved for themselves alone. Especially when you are a 'person of interest'.

Isabella Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe
I do not know what truth there is to the rumors about Miss Calthorpe and Prince William. Even the tabloid reports say that she is dating Sam Branson. Nevertheless, these rumors are recycled from three or four years ago, and she is a beautiful, blue-blooded woman. She seems to have the "breeding" to impress the courtiers and the looks to attact the Prince. Only the "actress" factor casts doubt on her eligibility to be a Princess of Wales and a future Queen Consort.
Basic information and pictures: Click here (Support Kate Middleton blog)

Last edited:
I think William will be into his 30s before he begins to think about settling down. I think these women in his circle are savvy and know better that they will be nothing more than time passers for this dude. I don't see him jumping from the frying pan to into the fire, so to speak.

Honestly, I agree that William will wait until at least 30 to marry. Adding to that note, I believe that his wife will be someone he has known at least as long or longer than he knew Kate. He might even marry Kate after all, because they might re-up things, but surely, I believe at any rate, that he will marry a woman he has known since teen years (maybe even longer) because he does not strike me as likely to just meet someone and decide in a few odd years to marry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom