Preferred Wives For William and Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeatrixFan said:
When she proves to me that she's worthy to be my Queen, I'll compliment the girl. Until she does that, she remains the frumpy frowny appendage that is currently to be found on the arm of Prince William of Wales.

Yikes! :ohmy: I'm obviously missing something. I haven't seen any frumpy frowny appendange on Prince William's arm. Who is this woman? I haven't seen her. I've only seen Kate.

I think Kate is very attractive. I think that, should she marry William and get the inevitable make-over, she has the potential to be beautiful. Look at what deportment lessons and expert make-up and specially designed clothes did for Mary Donaldson, and for Camilla. Kate's looking great at the moment. I think it's obvious she is working out because her figure is superb.

We've seen some photos of her frowning, but who's to know there weren't an equal number of smiling photos taken seconds before or after that were just not published. I don't think she is under any obligation to smile for the cameras when she is attending to her day to day activities like going to an ATM or buying a new frock.

Last edited:
What makes you think that being more low-key will be such a disaster, given recent history?

She isn't low-key, she's no-key. There's nothing there at all. Just a block of wood in a bad wig and some pradas. I'm not asking Kate to be sensational. I don't want another Diana. What I do want is someone that shows some personality. Kate hasn't got a personality. She's bland, boring and a total non-entity. Why should I like this woman? I mean, surely thats a problem? Royal Marriage is about balance. William is incredibly boring so he needs someone with a bit of spice to make him more acceptable. Kate is boring. The pair of them together present a truly dull future for Britain.

But in all fairness...has the opportunity been present for Kate to show some personality?

Should she smile for the camera a little more..say something extremely witty on the telly? What?

She could smile for the camera for once, let alone a little more. I'd just like to hear, "Kate likes diamonds" or "Kate hates cheap hotels" or something that gives me an indication that she is actually human and has got likes and dislikes. Everyone has their markers that show them to be who they are. But she doesn't.

BeatrixFan said:
She isn't low-key, she's no-key. There's nothing there at all. Just a block of wood in a bad wig and some pradas. I'm not asking Kate to be sensational. I don't want another Diana. What I do want is someone that shows some personality. Kate hasn't got a personality. She's bland, boring and a total non-entity. Why should I like this woman? I mean, surely thats a problem? Royal Marriage is about balance. William is incredibly boring so he needs someone with a bit of spice to make him more acceptable. Kate is boring. The pair of them together present a truly dull future for Britain.
William has his father's personality and taste in women. Kate suits him because she is quiet, discreet and devoted to him as he is to her. He doesn't want a superstar. It interrupts the quiet he craves in his personal life. He doesn't want any drama. He had that with his parents and Prince Charles certainly couldn't handle the drama with his first marriage.

William has his father's personality and taste in women.

How? Where has he ever displayed that? I'm not asking for drama, just a little something. Anyway, I've said it now and I'm just going round in circles so I give up.

You want Kate to be something she's not just to please YOU. Perhaps William loves her just the way she is and doesn't want her to change. Maybe she's not the type of person to ramble on about herself to anyone who will listen. Some people are just naturally very quiet.

BeatrixFan said:
How? Where has he ever displayed that? I'm not asking for drama, just a little something. Anyway, I've said it now and I'm just going round in circles so I give up.
No- don't give up please.
My concern right now is if William is continuing with a career of sorts- it will be interesting to see if he gets to a similar level as Charles did in the navy- so why doesn't Kate pursue something that would lead us to see a bright intelligent woman who would make a great queen. She is intelligent - is she setting up the children's clothing business that we heard about or is she working for her parents? Surely she is doing something during the day. Anybody heard of anything?

juliana said:
My concern right now is if William is continuing with a career of sorts- so why doesn't Kate pursue something that would lead us to see a bright intelligent woman who would make a great queen. She is intelligent - is she setting up the children's clothing business that we heard about or is she working for her parents? Surely she is doing something during the day. Anybody heard of anything?

My sentiments exactly.

My impression is that William isn't looking for drama either. ( On the other hand, I think Harry loves drama.)

But I hope that Kate finds something to do with herself. It's not good to be that age and not have an occupation of some sort.

Wow, looks like I missed all of the excitement! I take it BeatrixFan was being as witty and insightful as ever, and just as unrepentant! :lol: I don't always agree with BeatrixFan, but I really love to hear the intelligent comments.;)

Anyhoo, I am firmly in the 'William should be able to be with whomever he chooses' Camp. For good or bad, Prince Charles' decision to marry Princess Diana wasn't left up to the british people, it was decided by him (and his 'Family' ;) ) The people were presented with a Fait Accompli when his engagement was announced.
William should be able to do the same, have the same freedom of choice. Kate might be boring, but I'd bet discreetness, stability, and the ability to not 'rock the boat' are more important to the courtiers (read, Men in Grey) than someone with an exciting 'Flash' personality that might get the RF involved in even more unwanted scandal. I believe they absolutely love the fact that Kate isn't a scandal magnet. That should really count for something.
I've seen pictures of Kate smiling, and she looks very pretty. I've even seen pictures of Kate and William smiling together in the tabloids. I think things will come out right in the end, and even if Prince William doesn't marry her, judging by the actions and reactions of his family towards Kate, they approve of her.

I am on both sides here, whilst Kate does have rather an unfortunate expressionless face, I've been searching out piccies of her, (prime example in the Mary on Magazine covers thread, there is a picture of Kate with a feathery doo dah on her head.) she would be the safer option. Imagine having another Fergie sweep through the palace. (No disrespect Fergie fans, but she was full on.) William is rather dull and I think he will have the same affect on a woman with his mother's personality, as Charles had on Diana. Camilla and Charles are well suited because they are relatively fuddy duddy, so William and Kate will probably be fuds too. My comments aren't going to raise the spirits of the anti Kater's but if the unmentionable should happen and he marry her, they will both be so boring together it will be really easy to ignore them. :)

BeatrixFan said:
Ahem - William wanted security for her. She gets police officers following her. She stays at Clarence House. She eats the food there. She makes work for the staff there. She might not be down on that Civil List but when she has a meal with Wills at Clarence House, that costs the tax payer money, however minute a sum it might be.

She is a guest there. Beatrixfan, really, the fact that Clarence House is payed for by the taxpayer as much as it is does not mean that the inhabitants cannot entertain the guests they want there. Or do you want to say that all private guests of Cherie Blair that are entertained in the private appartments at 10 Downing Street are not longer private citizens because the house and staff are maintained by the public? That's taking it too far, at leat IMHO.

Laviollette said:
Kate doesn't even have the baggage that Camilla had. If she married into the royal family today you would see her transformed and it wouldn't take very much. She's not supermodel beautiful but she's not ugly. She's cute actually. She would be spectacular as William's wife, imho.

Just compare the pictures of Miss Mary Donaldson and HRH The Crown princess of Denmark. I bet if we could compare one day the pictures of Miss Katherine Middleton and HRH The Princess William of Wales we'd see the same transformation.

Mary made her friends stay quiet when the media asked for informations about her personality. She was unapproachable by the public before her engagement because she felt she was still a private citizen and wanted to preserve her chance to come back from the limelight intact as Mary D., if it hadn't worked out.

As I wrote before: boring pictures force the media to invent boring stories if there are no real news. If kate is about to reel her fish in, she would be stupid to show personality to the media when all the BRF wants is a phase of quiet and smooth movement.

I don't doubt for a moment that the moment an engagement is there, we'll get all kinds of "personality" stories, background stories, stories about "the real Kate as noone ever knew her", we'll find out that she spends her time babysitting for her relatives, knitting socks for the poor and working secretly and volountarily as a advisor on a telephone-hotline for dysfunctional families. Which, of course, she all has to give up for William and the Crown because now is the time to go shopping for her trousseau.... :ROFLMAO:

BeatrixFan said:
You people.

She's not even your Queen for heaven's sake.
Yeah. We saw to that a few centuries back. I could go below the belt just like you, but I won't because I'm better than that, and I don't want to be banned.

Really does your life depend on this crap?? Sounds like it. Suffice it to say, you need to learn how to laugh it off. Maybe Kate can give you some lessons.:lol:

Nothing to say???

BeatrixFan said:
... but with Kate, there's nothing... she's a very boring person...she doesn't appear as...anyone worth talking about..
After wading through the last hundred-plus posts made in the past 24 hours, this one caught my attention.

Poor Kate, so very boring that she's currently the subject of the most active thread in the entire Forums. :)
Maybe we're lucky she's not interesting. If there was really anything to talk about, the Forum's server would go into meltdown.

crisscross1 said:
My comments aren't going to raise the spirits of the anti Kater's but if the unmentionable should happen and he marry her, they will both be so boring together it will be really easy to ignore them. :)

I'd really prefer not to have to ignore my King and Queen.:sad:

Nothing to say?

Responding to this quote as it just struck me as so funny:

"Maybe we're lucky she's not interesting. If there was really anything to talk about, the Forum's server would go into meltdown" :lol:

I think she's learned from others, that anything she does that displays any sort of individuality will likely be 'spun' by the press to sell papers and we all know that good nature does not sell copy.

I certainly agree with the poster that said that she won't start displaying her true nature in public until she goes 'official'. Much like Mary Donaldson before her engagement.

Maureen

reen said:
I think she's learned from others, that anything she does that displays any sort of individuality will likely be 'spun' by the press to sell papers and we all know that good nature does not sell copy.

I certainly agree with the poster that said that she won't start displaying her true nature in public until she goes 'official'. Much like Mary Donaldson before her engagement.

Maureen

And if her true nature is to be calm, composed, unspectacular, and good natured, so much the better.

Something occured to me while reading the last few posts. Does anyone think that maybe the disappointment isn't so much in Kate Middleton as in the fact that we've been disillusioned by the failure of a "fairy-tale wedding" and were hoping that maybe William could change our mind? Like, maybe if Kate were royalty or aristocracy the match would seem more like a fairy-tale, just because it would be a little more glamorous or elite? Just a thought.

I'm not British....I just want William to marry a woman he can spend the rest of his life with. She could be a Princess from another royal house, she could be a plumber's daughter. Whatever.

I think everyone deserves that measure of happiness, even the future King of England.

GreenLily said:
Like, maybe if Kate were royalty or aristocracy the match would seem more like a fairy-tale, just because it would be a little more glamorous or elite? Just a thought.
But maybe Kate's non-aristocracy descent only will add the sense of fairy-tale cause she's not a princess or daughter of the duke. Just a Cinderella:)

I mean all last weddings of European princes (Felipe of Spain or Frederic of Denmark) didn't lost the spirit of fairy-tale :rolleyes:

Sister Morphine said:
I'm not British....I just want William to marry a woman he can spend the rest of his life with. She could be a Princess from another royal house, she could be a plumber's daughter. Whatever.

I think everyone deserves that measure of happiness, even the future King of England.

That is so true!.I also think that the most important is that it seems they love each other. She supports William and takes care of him. :)

Sister Morphine said:
But, you see, that's just it...you are not British - and while I certainly cannot speak for all Brits, I really doubt that a plumber's daugher would go over well. I hope he marries a woman he's happy spending his life with, but that has to go hand in hand with a woman who the British people are happy having as our Queen.

HRH Elizabeth said:
Sister Morphine said:

But, you see, that's just it...you are not British - and while I certainly cannot speak for all Brits, I really doubt that a plumber's daugher would go over well. I hope he marries a woman he's happy spending his life with, but that has to go hand in hand with a woman who the British people are happy having as our Queen.

Obviously I wasn't being serious with the "plumber's daughter" remark.....I can't see William marrying a plumber's daughter. The point I was trying to make with that statement is that her position in life [be she of royal blood or not] shouldn't make a difference.......even though it will. Several other future Kings married commoners with nary a batted eyelash.....I wonder why there is this much furor over whether or not William will do the same.

Kate at this age has behaved better than other royalty at the same age -- Princess Stephanie of Monaco immediately comes to mind. You'd prefer someone of Stephanie's background over someone of Kate's because Stephanie's bloodline? To add another dimension, her mother, Princess Grace, was a commoner and a foreigner, but she went about her life in Monaco with dignity and was beloved -- not to mention giving the young newly engaged Diana Spencer some encouraging words of advice. Was Grace Kelly not suitable because she was a commoner -- albeit a rich girl from the Mainline of Philadelphia?

Please, this unsuitable commoner stuff is so 13th century.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sister Morphine said:
Obviously I wasn't being serious with the "plumber's daughter" remark.....I can't see William marrying a plumber's daughter. The point I was trying to make with that statement is that her position in life [be she of royal blood or not] shouldn't make a difference.......even though it will. Several other future Kings married commoners with nary a batted eyelash.....I wonder why there is this much furor over whether or not William will do the same.

Oh, I don't object to a commoner in of itself - I just don't particularly fancy this one. As BeatrixFan has pointed out, she seems to do very little and is not terribly charismatic, and combined with William's dullness might bore the British people to death:rolleyes: .

HRH Elizabeth said:
Oh, I don't object to a commoner in of itself - I just don't particularly fancy this one. As BeatrixFan has pointed out, she seems to do very little and is not terribly charismatic, and combined with William's dullness might bore the British people to death:rolleyes: .

Would you rather be bored to death or deal with a Queen who is unruly, rude, obnoxious and every other negative adjective you can think of?

If it were me, I'd rather be bored to death. I think the last thing the RF needs is a scandal with yet another marriage.

As with the Duchess of Cornwall, Kate (if it is she) shall play the supporting role and that is the main role of the consort whether it be Princess of Wales or Queen Consort.

I do not have the slightest clue as to what Kate does during the day as I am guessing neither does anyone here. Its pure speculation on anyones behalf and just because its not placed in a tabloid does not mean she isn't using her time in an affective and meaningful manner. And for me, it doesn't particularly bother me what she does at the moment as she is not a member of the royal family, does not undertake any representative roles nor is she paid by the civil list and until such a time - and rightly so - she should be free to do whatever she wishes and I'm guessing that thats to retain a relatively "private" life until her circumstances change, if they change.

Just my take on it :flowers:

I think Prince William and Charlotte of Monaco would look so handsome couple together....what do you think??? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom