Preferred Wives For William and Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TonyaR said:
I think Kate invigorates P. William! She is obviously good for him: for instance, she is the person who convinced him to continue on with his studies when he wanted to quit University. and as mentioned by Luv2Cruise

I think Incas has it right and people have to have common ground. Kate and William do have common ground, they have more than 3 years of shared experiences together at University, they have lived together...
quote]

I agree that they must have many things in common and would hardly argue that she is not good for him...I was referring to reinvigorating the monarchy, not the monarch personally. That being said, while she may have encouraged him to continue attending St. Andrews instead of transfering to University of Edinburgh, she has not (at least not obviously) encouraged him to take on more royal duties, in which field he still seems (to me) to be a bit reluctant. I guess what I am saying is simply, if she makes him happy, and he were simply Mr. William Wales, that would be enough. However, he is not, and therefore it is not enough to make a royal marriage entirely based on what he thinks will make him personally happy, he must also choose a woman suitable to be queen. It is like Jane Austen's famous quote, " It is wrong to marry for money, but foolish to marry without it." While he shouldn't marry a woman he detests so Britain will have a good queen, he shouldn't marry a woman, no matter how much he loves her, if he knows she will be a horrid one.

felicia said:
I know the question isn't addressed to me, but I thought I would offer my opinion since I am so fixated on this. I would be okay with William marrying a title-less lady if she had some royal or noble background, a good education, and was a charismatic, hard-working and suitable lady. I compiled a list of all eligible descendents of Queen Victoria - I will try and post it later if I find it. I considered them having to be born in the 1980s to be eligible.
I am sorry...I should have adressed it to you both. But then to amend my hypothetical question, would you consider a good pedigree as requiring descent from Queen Victoria? How little royal/noble blood would be too little?

bad_barbarella said:
NOT ALL NURSES ARE POOR.. SOME ARE MIDDLE TO UPPER CLASS.. too generalised

Nurses make good money. They are certainly not poor. :mad:

Some royal or noble blood is better than nothing. She would not have to be descended from Queen Victoria - Juliana Guillermo isn't and she would be suitable. Any daughter of a Duke, Marquess, Earl, would be okay, but not ideal. Most of these aristocratic families have royal descent, although often through the illegitimate children of royals, for instance King William IV's illegitimate brood of 10 children with his longtime mistress Dorothea Bland (Jordan). I don't know if I should call her a mistress, because when he was with her he wasn't married, she was his partner/girlfriend.

Last edited:
princess olga said:
Juliana Guillermo is indeed a well kept secret. Gorgeously exotic looks, discreet personality, lives in london even and had a grandmother who was queen, to boot.

Does anyone have a picture of Juliana Guillermo? :)

pandora said:
Nurses make good money. They are certainly not poor. :mad:

I think the original poster must have meant nurses are not "extemely wealthy". I'm pretty sure in Australia they are not. But they are not poor.

Juliana Guillermo
Copyright Seeger Press.

0026861.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
felicia said:
Yes she is a great choice. I would be very happy if Juliana Guillermo of the Netherlands and William were to marry. She is Queen Juliana's grand-daughter and a highly suitable Queen for William. I do not think they are related at all. Juliana is not a descendent of Queen Victoria as far as I know.

I've studied some photos of Juliana and find that I can't see anything there. IMO, I don't think that she is all that attractive. Exotic looking, but not that attractive. She does have a way to make up for being less attractive than most and that is in how she uses her exotic features in makeup and clothing. Through those two features, she become attractive and in doing so, becomes another Diana who would overshadow William and cause instability in any marriage. So, I don't wouldn't recommend her as a wife for William.:)

Last edited:
clarita said:
I always asked myself a question. What if William fall in love with a poor girl or at least from working class background? Will he be able to trust her not to sell her story to the paper and what about his family, will they accept her..

It is almost impossible that William would ever fall in love with a poor girl. Those are romance novelists trying to sell a book. William's closest friends, his peers and all his relatives come from the upper class. He is surrounded by women who are either upper middle class or along his same economic background or financially better off than his family. He shops in trendy stores (except for a stopover in Tescos for t-shirt), vacations in the caribbean & Seychelles, skies in Switzerland and goes on African safaris. He's doesn't come close to carrying on with people that can't afford or are able to do such things. Unless William stops in a local McDonald's or local pub and meets the woman of his dreams behind the counter and drops dead in love with her, then that is where he would find the poor girl to marry. But, again romance novels are usually written to sell copies and make women like you and me grow excited with the possiblility that anything is possible. Yet, anything is possible...but there is reality to consider.:)

Magpie8907 said:
I just read on a website that Juliana is a Roman Catholic, and her whole family is too, so there is little chance of her converting. Here's the link. I think the first few paragraphs is where I got the info from.
http://members3.boardhost.com/Francoiberian/msg/1153072091.html

Oh boy, perhaps that puts an end to that particular fantasy. I think Juliana Guillermo must be a Catholic. But William could marry her if she converts right? Or is even that not allowed? Maxima is a Catholic but she was allowed to marry WA. Okay, so are Catholics barred from the Dutch Throne? And is it the same as the British that someone who marries a Catholic is also barred from the throne? I guess not. The rules are strictest in Britain.

HRH Kimetha said:
I've studied some photos of Juliana and find that I can't see anything there. IMO, I don't think that she is all that attractive. Exotic looking, but not that attractive. She does have a way to make up for being less attractive than most and that is in how she uses her exotic features in makeup and clothing. Through those two features, she become attractive and in doing so, becomes another Diana who would overshadow William and cause instability in any marriage. So, I don't wouldn't recommend her as a wife for William.:)

I think that's a bit mean. She is better looking that Kate, far more pretty than her I think and she has royal blood. She would never be another Diana, she is totally different. Looks nothing like that. She's obviously far more confident as well. She wouldn't necessarily overshadow William because she is discreet and not looking like Diana. And William doesn't looks like Charles, you know what I mean. She wouldn't cause instability in any marriage. But she is not my number one choice for William. I want him to marry Princess Theodora who is perfect for him, and there is a history of Greek Royal Family members marrying into the British Royal Family what with Princess Marina and Prince Philip.

How does one know that Theodora and other 'potential' brides are perfect for William? Are you talking about looks? Because we don't even know if their personalites suit each other do we? Have Wills and Theodora ever interacted with each other or at least on such a level that we can say that they are pefect for each other?

I mean, what makes a couple perfect for each other? I'm sure it's the couples personalities and feelings for each other, not the bloodline/lineage.

I know it's a lot of rhetoric questions and the speculating game at this stage is just a bit of fun :)

Last edited:
Juliana Guillermo would actually be perfect. If only we could get her to convert. It would mean we'd see alot more of the Dutch Royal Family here so I'm all for that. Theodora would be a very good match for William indeed, and maybe Philippos for Beatrice or Eugenie?

Australian said:
How does one know that Theodora and other 'potential' brides are perfect for William? ...
When I say they are perfect for each other, I mean that they are perfect for each other in my fantasies. Looks wise and genetic wise and bloodline/lineage wise William and Theodora are perfect for each other. Their personalities I don't know if they are perfect for each other, but I know that they have known each other their whole lives. Theodora's father is William's godfather and Theodora's godmother is Queen Elizabeth II. I've seen some pictures of them together when they were kids. And since their fathers are such close friends, they must see each other occasionly. For William's bride to be perfect for him the personalities and feelings they have for each other as well as the bloodline/lineage have to be good.

BeatrixFan said:
Juliana Guillermo would actually be perfect. If only we could get her to convert. It would mean we'd see alot more of the Dutch Royal Family here so I'm all for that. Theodora would be a very good match for William indeed, and maybe Philippos for Beatrice or Eugenie?
I think perhaps as William is heir to the throne, he would not be allowed to marry anyone who has ever been a Catholic. I'd prefer Theodora for William. And Philippos would indeed be an excellent match for Beatrice, or even Eugenie. I think Beatrice would like Philippos.

If she converted, William can marry her. At the time of his marriage, his wife can't be Catholic but there's nothing to say she couldn't be a Catholic until her marriage and then convert a year before the wedding. Theodora would be a good match for William and Constantine would be thrilled I'm sure. I'd love to see Beatrice marry Philippos. Now that would be a wedding!

Frankly speaking this juliana doesn't look like anything in particular.I would prefer madeline of sweden who is gorgeous but I don't think she and william would hit it off.Besides most roman catholics stay very close to their faith or unless she and william really have that connection maybe not a good idea in the long run and give HM more nervous moments than she has enough of already.

I'm sure Theodora's family, aunts, uncles and cousins in the Greek, Danish and Spanish Royal Families would all be thrilled. And so would The Queen to see her own goddaughter married to her grandson.

Also why does juliana look very asian looking???I am just curious and don't mean anything by it.Doesn't she remind one of princess mary of denmark???

shaan said:
Frankly speaking this juliana doesn't look like anything in particular.I would prefer madeline of sweden who is gorgeous but I don't think she and william would hit it off.Besides most roman catholics stay very close to their faith or unless she and william really have that connection maybe not a good idea in the long run and give HM more nervous moments than she has enough of already.

She certainly looks like more of something in particular than Kate Middleton, and she is royal. Madeline of Sweden would be too overpowering and she is this strange orange colour most of the time. HM would only have to be worried about the religious issue if Will and Juliana wanted to marry. Otherwise Juliana is most suitable. But I would rather William marry Theodora or Gabriella.

shaan said:
Also why does juliana look very asian looking???I am just curious and don't mean anything by it.Doesn't she remind one of princess mary of denmark???

She usually doesn't look Asian looking. Just in that photo she does. She doesn't remind me of Princess Mary of Denmark at all. She is half Latin/Hispanic I think and half Dutch. She isn't Asian at all I am pretty sure.

{off-topic complaint about a moderator deleted - Elspeth}

The hispanic look is explained by her father, Jorge Guillermo, who is a Havana-born Cuban exile.

William has to marry a woman who understands duty and is willing to make the tremendous sacrifice of being a future Princess of Wales and Queen Consort.

I am not convinced Kate Middleton is the right person for him to marry nor does she have the bloodlines the Establishment and Household will deem acceptable for a woman who will bear heirs.

It remains to be seen if these and other obstacles can be overcome, including the question of whether William even wants to marry her.

BeatrixFan said:
If she converted, William can marry her. At the time of his marriage, his wife can't be Catholic but there's nothing to say she couldn't be a Catholic until her marriage and then convert a year before the wedding. Theodora would be a good match for William and Constantine would be thrilled I'm sure. I'd love to see Beatrice marry Philippos. Now that would be a wedding!

I'm not certain, but I thought I had read that the rule prohibits anyone who had ever been Catholic from marrying the heir, not simply someone who was Catholic at the time of marriage. As I said, however, I'm not sure.

I think you could be right about that. For the heir it is difficult for a Catholic to marry them, or anyone with Catholic connections to themselves.

branchg said:
William has to marry a woman who understands duty and is willing to make the tremendous sacrifice of being a future Princess of Wales and Queen Consort.
branchg said:
....It remains to be seen if these and other obstacles can be overcome, including the question of whether William even wants to marry her.
I actually agree with the statement that we don't know if William really wants to marry her or not. It seems obvious that she is his first love and his first serious relationship, but whether he will actually marry her is truly the question of the day.
Even though Kate is a commoner and there are many other young women who really are more suitable for Prince William (as far as bloodlines and royal heritage are concerned) Let's be realistic: despite not having the right ‘credentials’ she really is very pretty. She's just as pretty as Juliana Guillermo, here are some pictures for comparison:

©Action Press
william_hochf.jpg pre-SEEGER00149355.jpg kate7.jpg

Just musing at what William thinks about everyone trying to marry him off. :D

Well, I don't suppose he's surprised by it. At least, I hope not.

You see, if I was the Queen, I'd sit him down with a nice list of titled eligible girls and say, "These are your options. Pick one that'll look pretty in the frock and can spend the rest of her life waving and pretending to be interested in everything and anything". Then, you marry the boy off, put the new wife in her place, cover them in jewels and honours and the dynasty is safe for another 50 years.

Sounds uncomfortably like the process that landed Charles in so much trouble with his choice of titled pretty girl.

Elspeth said:
Sounds uncomfortably like the process that landed Charles in so much trouble with his choice of titled pretty girl.

Ayup. "Lie back and think of England" doesn't work anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom