Portraits of the British Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:

I like the painting of Prince Charles. Honestly, the portrait of HM I don't find that flattering and the one of the Duke of Edinburgh looks a bit unfamiliar to me.

SHRIEKKKK!! The Queen looks like she just finished a horror movie. Charles isn't bad, not sure what to think of the D of E.

:previous:

I like the painting of Prince Charles. Honestly, the portrait of HM I don't find that flattering and the one of the Duke of Edinburgh looks a bit unfamiliar to me.

I like the Prince Charles one and the Duke is sort of like him but the Queen - yes I can recognise that it is her but what with the blobby face? It doesn't look smooth at all but as if she has bumps all over it.

Obviously the man has talent though Russo wonders if he allows his subjects to ever smile??

I rather like his portrait of HM. It shows the woman underneath the finery and regalia. Because while the Queen is a Queen, she's also just a woman.

Actually I like this new portrait of the Queen. She looks like a very sophisticated older woman that has a wise look in her eyes. All of which is truly her. I also like that, if you did not know who it was, you would never know it was the queen because of the lack of elegant clothing. There are enough of her all done up in her royal garb. This is a true portrait without any distractions.

I like Prince Charles' portrait a lot. Not so sure about the rest.

The portrait of the Queen is very good, but if it weren't for the captions in the article I would have mistaken the Duke of Edinburgh and Prince Charles for someone else!

The Duke looks like James Fox the actor.

An interesting collection of portraits of Queen Elizabeth II ( some are certainly different!)
The Telegraph

Wow, she's looking more and more like her grandmother Queen Mary!

Good God! My dog could do better than that one by George condo!

The portraits on Royal Insight blog are great, the one of TQM with her little daughters is really touching and sweet.

A portrait of Queen Victoria with John Brown is to be auctioned. Lovely if it could become part of the Royal Collection

BBC News

Thanks for sharing. One of those historical "What if's"

My dear Lumutqueen,

Thanks for posting the link to the article. I don't mean to sound unkind but the portrait of Edward VIII makes him look foppish and not very majestic. Of course, this is only one man's opinion but that is what I think. Didn't Kings at the time wear their military uniforms at the coronations?

^^^^
No, that is pretty much what his brother George VI wore at his coronation. I suspect Charles III will wear naval uniform.

^^^^
No, that is pretty much what his brother George VI wore at his coronation. I suspect Charles III will wear naval uniform.

My dear NGalitzine,

Right you are, thank you for the correction. I guess when I saw photos of the King moving through the Abbey, the robes covered most of what he wore and I just assumed his uniform was underneath. Not a very manly look is it?

Royals' own set of kings and queens paintings revealed - Telegraph
A set of paintings of England’s kings and queens, which has been on display in Buckingham Palace since it was bought by Prince Albert almost 170 years ago, is going on public view for the first time.

The 25 tiny enamels of the country’s monarchs, from Edward III to Victoria herself, have been loaned to a cathedral for a special exhibition to mark the Diamond Jubilee.

Southwell Minster – in the Nottinghamshire town where Charles I spent his last night before surrendering – is putting the unique portraits on show to highlight the role of the sovereign as Supreme Governor of the Church of England.

Diamond Jubilee Portrait - New Zealand

The photograph can be reproduced here as it is "not for profit" and not for commercial use.

Diamond Jubilee Portrait - New Zealand

Portrait © The Royal Household

Attachments

• New Zealand Diamond Jubilee Official Portrait.jpg
    New Zealand Diamond Jubilee Official Portrait.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 1,495
Queen Elizabeth wearing Ruby Tiara

I found this beautiful bank note with a picture of Queen Elizabeth II with the Burmese Ruby Tiara, the other day and wanted to share this beautiful image.
i also brought the bank note!

Also the link below has great photos of it.
(p.s hope i inserted the link correctly)

THE BURMESE RUBY TIARA « The Anglophile

Attachments

• Queen Elizabeth.jpg
    Queen Elizabeth.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 271
Back
Top Bottom