Portraits of the British Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HR&IM The Queen, Empress of India (Alexandra of Denmark)

QueenAlexandra.jpg

Last edited:
Gosh, this painting is just wonderful ! The blury background makes Princess Luis Margarete even more imposing.
Thanks for posting Madame Royale :flowers:

I take it Madame Royale, that Princess Luise Margarete, Duchess of Connaught is grandmother to Queen Ingrid of Denmark?
She would be mother to Crown Princess Margaret of Sweden?
Thank you for posting the picture. She looks impressive!

HR&IM The Queen, Empress of India (Victoria Mary of Teck)

HMTheQueenMary.jpg

The Queen's granchildren

Has anyone seen any pictures with the Queen and all 8 of her grandchildren together?

Ooo, that would be a great picture! I've only seen her with a few of her grandchildren at a time though.........

none exists yet. If what I am told is true Zara, William and Harry haven't even met James yet.

I have only seen a photo with the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh with four of their grandchildren Peter, Zara, William, and Harry. that picture was taken before Beatrice, Eugenie, Louise, and James were born. I have seen pictures of the Queen with her grandchildren individually though, just not James.

I am sure Queen and family will pictures her grandson James soon when he will have baptism but When??? I hope soon..

none exists yet. If what I am told is true Zara, William and Harry haven't even met James yet.

I'd be interested to know who it is who keeps such close tabs on these three to know that - or, for that matter, knows that all of the other grandchildren have met their little cousin.

As James is just over 3 months old, I don't find it unduly worrisome that some might not have yet visited him or his parents, but I find that difficult to believe. The family appears to be a mutually supportive one from where I sit. I've always thought it one of the British Royal Family's greatest strengths, deliberately fostered by Her Majesty.

I have only seen a photo with the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh with four of their grandchildren Peter, Zara, William, and Harry. that picture was taken before Beatrice, Eugenie, Louise, and James were born. I have seen pictures of the Queen with her grandchildren individually though, just not James.

I've seen them all together, Blondie28, on many occasions. Perhaps it's to do with The Queen's being Australia's Head of State, thus the family's gatherings and happenings are more frequently reported on here. Possibility?

I've seen them all together, Blondie28, on many occasions. Perhaps it's to do with The Queen's being Australia's Head of State, thus the family's gatherings and happenings are more frequently reported on here. Possibility?
What I meant was the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh sitting formally with just their grandchildren, without their children in the picture. Not like on occasions, just sitting formally for a photograph with the photograph. I believe the photo I am referring to was taken in December of 1987.

I see. Well, no, I haven't seen a formal photograph of the grandparents and all grandchildren either. Point taken.

Another consideration is that we've always been led to believe, from reported comments of the Duke, that Peter is a particular favourite. Therefore, I wouldn't read overly much into the fact that little photographic evidence of the grandparent-child relationship suggests anything, particularly.

I think that, if you write and make your suggestion for such a photo (post to the web site),you'll receive a courteous response, and, more importantly, that it will be considered.

Perhaps those of us who are interested enough might do likewise?

I think a picture like that would be wonderful and something the Queen could put up in her palace.

I see. Well, no, I haven't seen a formal photograph of the grandparents and all grandchildren either. Point taken.

Another consideration is that we've always been led to believe, from reported comments of the Duke, that Peter is a particular favourite. Therefore, I wouldn't read overly much into the fact that little photographic evidence of the grandparent-child relationship suggests anything, particularly.

I think that, if you write and make your suggestion for such a photo (post to the web site),you'll receive a courteous response, and, more importantly, that it will be considered.

Perhaps those of us who are interested enough might do likewise?

Didn't the queen of Denmark use such a picture of her, her husband and all four grandchildren as her christmas card last year? If so, I think queen Elizabeth has gotten the idea as she is said to reply personally to all christmas wishes from other souverains. Especially as Margrethe, Philip and she are cousins.

I've seen a pic with her and all the older ones...but an official portrait with all of them now would be cool...including the little ones. But it's probably really hard to get them all in one place.

The image of Princess Anne toward the top of the first page of this thread makes her look surprisingly like Grand Duchess Olga Alexandrovna, youngest sister of the last Tsar, during her post-European exile in Canada. By the way, does anyone know why she and her husband picked Canada?

New Canadian portraits of HM and HRH

Hello All:

I haven't seen this posted here yet, but the Canadian government has released new Official portraits of HM the Queen and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh. The photos were taken in Alberta in May 2005, and the previous portraits were taken in Gatineau, Quebec in October 2002. Oddly, they haven't updated the Duke of Edinburgh's "solo" portrait.

Portraits via Canadian Heritage: Official Photographic Portrait of Her Majesty The Queen

good lord, what horrendous pictures of them. Couldn't they get a better photographer? HM is still one of the most photogenic people on the planet!

That necklace.. good lord. Spectacular!

In the first picture, Her Majesty looks like there's something horrendous hovering over the photographer's shoulder! :eek:

good lord, what horrendous pictures of them. Couldn't they get a better photographer? HM is still one of the most photogenic people on the planet!

That necklace.. good lord. Spectacular!

Oh, and couldn't they at least have had her wearing the State Diadem? I mean, that tiara is nice and all, but it's just not regal enough for the <i>official</i> portrait.

If the diadem is considered part of the crown jewels (I think it is, but I'm not sure), then it can't be taken out of the UK. The portraits could be done in the UK, but then the Queen would be wearing something that she never had an opportunity to wear in Canada.

Right, of course--I had forgotten it was considered part of the set.

Hey aren`t there any portraits of Princess Diana and Charles together???

With all the news about the new portrait of Camilla, it's got me wondering if there has been any official portraits of Sophie or Sophie & Edward together. Does anyone know?

I didn't know that there was a new portrait of Mrs. Parker-Bowles. Is it a glamorous pic in a tiara?

Back
Top Bottom