Orders of Service

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RoyalProtocol

Courtier , Royal Blogger, TRF Author
City
Belfast
Country
United Kingdom
I have a large collection of Orders of Service from Church Services attended by members of the Royal Family most of which come from the Last 2-3 years, It includes some major events such as the Golden Jubilee, Silver Jubilee and The Royal Wedding in Denmark in 2004.

Does any one else collect orders of service.

I will put images of the Orders on this Thread but I cant start until Monday.

Sorry for the very long delay, I finally have my scanner working.

The First order of service is HM The Queen's Silver Jubilee in 1977. The Service was held in St Paul's Cathedral and was attended by most of the Royal Family. This is a scan of an actual Order of Service used at that service.

Most the orders of service have been collected a part of a project for the Duke of Edinburgh's Award Scheme, I hope you enjoy looking at them. If anyone would like to see some of the inside pages then do let me know, but please be patient as it takes quite a while to scan and post these images.

no copyright line present on the order of service

HMTheQueensSilverJubilee.jpg

Last edited:
Golden Jubilee

The Golden Jubilee of HM The Queen

St Paul’s Cathedral, London on Tuesday 4th June 2002 in the Presence of Her Majesty The Queen and most of the Royal Family

If you would like details of any of the service including hymns etc. please ask and I will be happy to either scan the relevant pages of the service or type out the details requested.

Source: Scan of order of service held in private collection by myself no copywrite line present on the order of service

HMTheQueensGoldenJubilee.jpg

Last edited:
Coronation Anniversary

The 50th Anniversary of The Coronation of HM The Queen

Westminster Abbey, London on the 2nd June 2003. HM and most of the Royal Family, except Prince Harry who was doing his A-level exams at the time, attended this service.

Source: Scan of order of service held in private collection by myself no copywrite line present on the order of service

HMTheQueensCoronationAnniversary.jpg

Last edited:
Order of The Bath

The Most Honourable Order of The Bath

Service of Installation held on in May 2006 for the Most Honourable Order of the Bath. Attended By Her Majesty The Queen as Sovereign of the Order and HRH The Prince of Wales as Great Master of the Order.

TheMostHon.jpg

Last edited:
General Synod

The General Synod of The Church of England

Holy Communion attended By The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh in Westminster Abbey when Her Majesty opened the General Synod in November 2005.

GeneralSynodofTheChurchofEngland200.jpg

Last edited:
RoyalProtocol said:
Most the orders of service have been collected a part of a project for the Duke of Edinburgh's Award Scheme, I hope you enjoy looking at them. If anyone would like to see some of the inside pages then do let me know, but please be patient as it takes quite a while to scan and post these images.
I would! In fact, I'd love to see all of the inside pages, if you still have them.

Does anyone also have a copy of the Archbishop of Canterbury's sermon that he conducted that day?

Yours truly,
Kathy G.

Last edited by a moderator:
kgreen20 said:
I would! In fact, I'd love to see all of the inside pages, if you still have them.

Does anyone also have a copy of the Archbishop of Canterbury's sermon that he conducted that day?

Yours truly,
Kathy G.

You can see the contents of the order of service and His Grace's Sermon by visiting the Royal Website@

http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page1336.asp

Service of Thanksgiving For the Life of HRH Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester

A Service of Thanksgiving for the life of HRH Princess Alice was held in St Clement Danes in London on 2nd February 2005 attended by TRH The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester.

Source: Scan of order of service held in private collection by myself no copywrite line present

PrincessAilce.jpg

Commonwealth Day

Her Majesty The Queen and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh celebrated Commonwealth Day while they were in Australia this year by attending a service in St Andrew’s Cathedral, Sydney.

Source: Scan of order of service held in private collection by myself no copywrite line present

CommonwealthDay.jpg

The Danish Royal Wedding 2004

This is the Order of Service from the Marriage of His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark and Miss Mary Elizabeth Donaldson on the 14th May 2004 in Copenhagen Cathedral. HM Queen Elizabeth II was represented By TRH The Earl and Countess of Wessex.

MaryandFrederik.jpg

The Royal Maundy 2005&6

These two orders of service illustrate the way in which Her Majesty’s life seldom changes from year to year, one year later another service, another cathedral, two more recipients but still the same order of service.

Source: Scan of order of service held in private collection by myself no copy write line present

Maundy05.jpg
Maundy06.jpg

I hope you all enjoy these order covers please let me know if it is worth my while to continue, others include Carol service, dedications and The Pope's funeral.

kgreen20 said:
No, that's the Golden Jubilee. I've seen that one, thankfully, and even printed it out. Weren't you talking about the Silver Jubilee above?

Sorry, I can scan some of the pages, but not them all, if you can be more specific about what you would like to know, I don't mind typing out a summary if that would help, I don't have a copy of The Archbishop's address from the Silver Jubilee, try contacting Lambeth Palace. they might know.

Order of Service for the coronation of a Queen Consort?

Does anyone know exactly what goes on during the coronation of a Queen Consort, such as what is said?

Thankyou so much for those lovely scans RoyalProtocol. It's nice to see them.

As for your question SweetHomeNC, a Queen Consort is crowned next to her husband with a simplified version of the coronation of the King. I'm afraid I don't know very much else about it but that gives you a rough idea.

Wonderful scans. I enjoyed looking at them.

Are there any actual pictures of the Royal Maundy ritual?

There are some photos in the News and Pictures thread V and the current events thread 10.

I am so impressed RoyalProtocol! We all appreciate the time and effort it took to scan and post the orders of service. They look superb!

Oh wow! I'm new here, that's why I'm looking at them right now! Thanks RoyalProtocol. It's amazing! Thanks for sahring!!!! Love them

PS: Very happy to find this web site. Didn't know it existed! how could I miss it for all these years!!!!!

:)

The Danish Royal Wedding 2004

This is the Order of Service from the Marriage of His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark and Miss Mary Elizabeth Donaldson on the 14th May 2004 in Copenhagen Cathedral. HM Queen Elizabeth II was represented By TRH The Earl and Countess of Wessex.
How so so incredible lucky you are RoyalProtocal how do you manage to get these order of services?
x

Last edited by a moderator:
How so so incredible lucky you are RoyalProtocal how do you manage to get these order of services?
x

I've been to some of the services, but most of them I wrote to the church/cathedral and asked them to send me a copy for a project I was doing for my Duke of Edinburgh's Award

The First order of service is HM The Queen's Silver Jubilee in 1977. The Service was held in St Paul's Cathedral and was attended by most of the Royal Family. This is a scan of an actual Order of Service used at that service.

Hi, I'd love to know what the hymns were at the Silver Jubilee Service. Can you scan them or let me know? Thanks.

The Golden Jubilee of HM The Queen 50th Cor Anniv

St Paul’s Cathedral, London on Tuesday 4th June 2002 in the Presence of Her Majesty The Queen and most of the Royal Family

If you would like details of any of the service including hymns etc. please ask and I will be happy to either scan the relevant pages of the service or type out the details requested.

HMTheQueensGoldenJubilee.jpg
I would like to see the lyrics to the last stanza of the hymn, "Crown Him With Many Crowns." It's hard to understand.
Thank you.

Thanks for the site, there are many sights, but the stanzas they sang were slightly diff from this one.
They sang stanza 1 completely.
The 2nd stanza they sang was “Crown him the Lord of Love,” but from the 5th line down the words were different, it continued with….. “No angel in the sky.”
http://www.oremus.org/hymnal/c/c396.html

The 3rd stanza sang was “Crown him the Lord of Peace”
The 4th stanza was “Crown him the Lord of Years” …and that’s where it gets dicey…after the 4th line you can’t really figure out what they were singing although one poster said it was
“Glassed in a sea of light, where everlasting waves reflect His throne, the Infinite, Who lives and loves and saves."
Hymn Page

This sounds great but the last line sounds like it ended with “throughout eternity.”
I’ll have to see an actual copy of the OOS to know for sure what were the lyrics of the 4th stanza that they were singing.
Thanks again.

Hi.

I like to know if you have, in PDF, the Order of Service for The Queen's Silver Jubilee 1977.

Thank you.

Order of service

Hello.

I like to know if you have the Order of Service of The Queen's Silver Jubilee 1977.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom