Order of the Garter, Ceremonies and Information 1: 2003 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see Zenouska Mowatt attending, if you look closely she is behind Camilla and Sophie at the side entrance to St George’s.

Nice to see Zenouska Mowatt attending, if you look closely she is behind Camilla and Sophie at the side entrance to St George’s.

Shouldn’t only knights/ ladies of the Garter and their respective spouses attend ?

Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra looked nice.

Prince Harry also attended many years ago (2010, 11?)

Prince Harry only attended back in 2008 when William was invested as the 1000th Knight of the Garter. Other than that, only the Knights and their spouses attend.

Shouldn’t only knights/ ladies of the Garter and their respective spouses attend ?

Perhaps she attended to be the plus one of her grandmother Princess Alexandra in place of the late Sir Angus Ogilvy.

Isn't her grandmother Princess Alexandra, Lady Ogilvy a lady of the garter? I can imagine that the members of the order get a "plus One" invitation and she brought her granddaughter along.

Just saw that crm2317 shared my thought but posted faster. Thank you!:flowers:

Isn't her grandmother Princess Alexandra, Lady Ogilvy a lady of the garter? I can imagine that the members of the order get a "plus One" invitation and she brought her granddaughter along.

Just saw that crm2317 shared my thought but posted faster. Thank you!:flowers:

Yes, Princess Alexandra is a LoG, but I would think it would be unusual to bring your granddaughter as "plus one". You are probably right though.

Yes, Princess Alexandra is a LoG, but I would think it would be unusual to bring your granddaughter as "plus one". You are probably right though.

Alexandra seems to have brought her to Trooping the Colour as well. Maybe she acts like a kind of family lady-in-waiting for her grandmother and is introduced in her cousin's circles that way. Maybe Alexandra wishes her to marry well and being seen in public as a member of the inner circle of the BRF can only help her social standing. HM is not the only elderly lady of the family who wants her house settled for the future.:flowers:

Alexandra seems to have brought her to Trooping the Colour as well. Maybe she acts like a kind of family lady-in-waiting for her grandmother and is introduced in her cousin's circles that way. Maybe Alexandra wishes her to marry well and being seen in public as a member of the inner circle of the BRF can only help her social standing. HM is not the only elderly lady of the family who wants her house settled for the future.:flowers:

That's very possible.

Indeed Zenouska did attend, the posted a picture on instagram of her outfit and its designers.

Prince Harry only attended back in 2008 when William was invested as the 1000th Knight of the Garter. Other than that, only the Knights and their spouses attend.

But Kate (wearing a dark blue dress and fitting hat with white feathers) was also there back in 2008 - 3 years before her wedding to William! So, not only the Knights and spouses...?!

Last edited:
92 years old and dressed to the hilt in ceremonial uniform and not giving an inch to age is our Queen. As staid and upright and smiling as its something she is thoroughly enjoying to the max. She did seem to falter a bit going down the steps but to be honest, she does a much better job of stairs than I do at 26 her junior in years.

Thanks Royal Norway for that video. Its the best one I've seen yet. :D

A question: Anybody remembers, at what age the late Queen Mother stopped walking in the Garter procession and used the car?

But Kate (wearing a dark blue dress and fitting hat with white feathers) was also there back in 2008 - 3 years before her wedding to William! So, not only the Knights and spouses...?!

I think larger parties get to come when a new knight is installed. In 2006, Beatrice and Eugenie and Sarah all went for the Duke of York's first time.

Who were the 2 pages of honour this time? Options:
1st: Lachlan Legge-Bourke (nephew of Tiggy Legge-Bourke)
2nd: The Hon. Augustus Stanhope (nephew of the earl and countess of Snowdon)
3rd: Marquess Lorne (son of the Duke of Argyll)
4th: Thomas Hallé (?)

Didn't see Anne in a carriage. :ermm: Interesting that they put Sophie Wessex in with the two brothers and William. Why not put Anne in that carriage? Where was Anne?

She was in another carriage with Timothy Laurence and the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester (video).

:previous: Okay, as long as she was happy. :flowers: Many thanks for the video, wbenson. ❤️

Didn't see Anne in a carriage. :ermm: Interesting that they put Sophie Wessex in with the two brothers and William. Why not put Anne in that carriage? Where was Anne?

There is no need to use such icon. They all sat according to the order of precedence. William, Andrew and Wessexes are higher in precedence for this reason they occupied the 2nd carriage. Anne's position is lower, she was in the 3rd carriage.

Majesty/Joe LittleVerified account @MajestyMagazine 1h1 hour ago Lord Culloden (right), next but one non-royal Duke of Gloucester, was a page of honour at yesterday's #Garter ceremony. The other was the Hon Augustus Stanhope, nephew of the Countess of Snowdon.

Majesty/Joe LittleVerified account @MajestyMagazine 1h1 hour ago Lord Culloden (right), next but one non-royal Duke of Gloucester, was a page of honour at yesterday's #Garter ceremony. The other was the Hon Augustus Stanhope, nephew of the Countess of Snowdon.

The next, but non-royal Duke of Gloucester, will be Lord Culloden’s father, the Earl of Ulster.

The next, but non-royal Duke of Gloucester, will be Lord Culloden’s father, the Earl of Ulster.

It didn't say "next," the quote said "next but one" which is the Duke of Gloucester's grandson.
So you are both correct.

It didn't say "next," the quote said "next but one" which is the Duke of Gloucester's grandson.
So you are both correct.

He should have said “ future” rather than “next” to be more precise in English.

He should have said “ future” rather than “next” to be more precise in English.

The twitter post didn't say "next" it read "next but one" so was perfectly correct and precise. More precise than "future."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom