The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Majesty

Lots now on getty

Search - Getty Images UK: GBR: The Order Of The Garter Service

This will probably continue to update

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

William licks his lips a lot because they are usually dry. I don't think he did that on purpose, if true.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-17-2013, 01:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Camilla and Sophie are both in shades of blue - Camilla in a very bright blue and Sophie has her Jubilee Service navy dress on, with what is an interesting hat.

I love that William and Charles walked beside the Queen. :) Three Monarchs together.

Catherine wasn't present for today's Garter Service.
I like the idea that HM, the PoW and DoC were together today. Sophie and Camilla look lovely in their shades of blue.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post

I love that William and Charles walked beside the Queen. :) Three Monarchs together.
I love that as well! I can't wait for a photo of 4 monarchs when we have these 3 and little Baby Cambridge in William's arms.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:22 PM
Majesty

william "sticking his tongue out" (allegedlly)

Press Association Images

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-17-2013, 02:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
william "sticking his tongue out" (allegedlly)

Press Association Images
Licking those dry lips or even making fun of a little kid he may have seen.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
I love that as well! I can't wait for a photo of 4 monarchs when we have these 3 and little Baby Cambridge in William's arms.
The baby will be in Queen's arms..
Old 06-17-2013, 03:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
Is this confirmed?
Old 06-17-2013, 03:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:

There is a nice photo on Google image of Queen Victoria holding her Great Grandson (Edward VIII) with Edward VII and George V standing behind her. Pretty neat Picture off the Queen and three Successors! I am sure we will get another one like that with Queen Elizabeth holding her grandchild (Baby Cambridge) And Charles and William standing by her.

Also beside Victoria-Edward-George-Edward in 1894 and eventually next month with Elizabeth and her three successors has there ever been a time that a British monarch has been alive with their Three successors (Child, GrandChild, Great Grandchild) also alive at the same time?
Old 06-17-2013, 03:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I'm looking foward to picture like that one:

http://blog.londonconnection.com/wp-...Picture-82.png
Old 06-17-2013, 03:11 PM
Aristocracy

You can bet that will be the picture to see in the coming months. Queen,PoW, DoC, and BabyC
Old 06-17-2013, 03:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post

I'm looking foward to picture like that one:

http://blog.londonconnection.com/wp-...Picture-82.png
Me too! That is the photo I was talking about, I am sure we will get some photos like that
Old 06-17-2013, 03:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Queen and Members of The Royal Family Attending The Order of The Garter Service-
Home - ITNSource News

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-17-2013, 03:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Many thanks ! Always interesting to see the various interactions btw the members of the BRF.

DM article :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...vers-home.html
Old 06-17-2013, 04:27 PM
Nobility

There are some good photos of Sophie and Camilla's hats here. Also Princess Anne with her husband.
British Royals Attend Order of the Garter | Royal Hats
Old 06-17-2013, 04:49 PM
Courtier

Lady Helen and Tim Taylor were there, standing behind Camilla in one of the photos.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:21 PM
Aristocracy

I know it was announced beforehand that Catherine's last public event would be the Trooping the Colour, however, it seems odd that just one day later she wouldn't attend the Garter ceremony. These days pregnancies are not disabilities or illnesses and many women work up until giving birth. Guess I'm just going through Kate withdrawal.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
There is a nice photo on Google image of Queen Victoria holding her Great Great Grandson (Edward VIII) with Edward VII and George V standing behind her. Pretty neat Picture off the Queen and three Successors! I am sure we will get another one like that with Queen Elizabeth holding her grandchild (Baby Cambridge) And Charles and William standing by her.

Also beside Victoria-Edward-George-Edward in 1894 and eventually next month with Elizabeth and her three successors has there ever been a time that a British monarch has been alive with their Three successors (Child, GrandChild, Great Grandchild) also alive at the same time?
I would think given the length of their reign those would be the only two. I also believe Elizabeth is the only monarch to have been alive for her 3 predecessors' reigns - 3 before and 3 after.

George V (Grandpa England)
Edward VIII (Uncle David)
George VI (Father)

Elizabeth II

Charles
William
Baby Cambridge
Old 06-17-2013, 06:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
There is a nice photo on Google image of Queen Victoria holding her Great Great Grandson (Edward VIII) with Edward VII and George V standing behind her. Pretty neat Picture off the Queen and three Successors! I am sure we will get another one like that with Queen Elizabeth holding her grandchild (Baby Cambridge) And Charles and William standing by her.

Also beside Victoria-Edward-Georgw-Edward in 1894 and eventually next month with Elizabeth and her three successors has there ever been a time that a British monarch has been alive with their Three successors (Child, GrandChild, Great Grandchild) also alive at the same time?

Almost in 1817 when Charlotte gave birth but sadly her son was stillborn - had he even breathed once then that situation would have existed then as well.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:01 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

Also beside Victoria-Edward-Georgw-Edward in 1894 and eventually next month with Elizabeth and her three successors has there ever been a time that a British monarch has been alive with their Three successors (Child, GrandChild, Great Grandchild) also alive at the same time?
Just a correction, Edward VIII (and George VI) was Victoria's great-grandson. Her great-great grandchild would be Elizabeth.

Edward VII was her son, George V was her grandson.

There have been 3 successors alive before, but not in a direct line. Victoria was born during her grandfather's reign, making her two uncles and herself the three successors of George III (four if you count her other uncle, who inherited Hanover). I believe William IV's first grandchild (through his eldest illegitimate son) was born just a few month's after George III died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post

I would think given the length of their reign those would be the only two. I also believe Elizabeth is the only monarch to have been alive for her 3 predecessors' reigns - 3 before and 3 after.

George V (Grandpa England)
Edward VIII (Uncle David)
George VI (Father)

Elizabeth II

Charles
William
Baby Cambridge
Victoria was alive during 3 of her predecessors reigns - George III, George IV, and William IV. She also saw the birth of four of her successors - Edward VII, George V, Edward VIII, and George VI.

Tags
ceremony, investiture, knights of the garter, order of the garter, prince george's chapel, windsor