Order of Precedence 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the what seems to be the original news story from 2005 (see my second to last post above), the actual "order of precedence" list is a confidential document maintained privately by the palace (which, in my view, does not necessarily mean that its contents only apply to private occasions). The various unofficial lists found in the public domain may or may not be true to the contents of the official list, which is kept private.

If the 2005 story correctly reported the contents of the confidential document, however, it seems to have been tinkered with since 2005, since the Duchess of Cambridge is now placed higher than (blood) Princess Alexandra.

At the very least I would (as if it was up to me) create a Royal House like the Dutch have and place all working official royals in it and rank them above the sovereign's family, whose precedence can be determined by the existing precedence. I would also place Anne above Edward because she was born first and there is now equal primogeniture (even if it wasn't applied retrospectively)

I think that would be a good modernization.

Last edited:
The precedence that The Queen changed in 2005 was the PRIVATE precedence for women only events when she put born royal ladies ahead of those who marry in.

It applies only in PRIVATE situations and not to any public ones. The actually change affected all born royal ladies but at the time Beatrice and Eugenie were minors and so their names didn't come up.

It applies in PRIVATE and only when there are only women present. Any male present then the precedence goes back to the normal private precedence rules.

:previous:

Can you explain why you have the position that the 2005 changes to precedence apply only to private and women-only events?

I understand that the spokesperson's comment from 2005 is open to interpretation, but if the changes were restricted to private and women-only events, what made the Duchess of Cornwall wait for the Princess Royal's arrival at the memorial service in 2006 (again see post #1224)? And what caused the Princess Royal and the Earl of Wessex to take the first position over the Duchess of Cambridge at their joint visit and garden party, respectively, as discussed abovethread?

Last edited:
Wasn't there a reception at Buckingham Palace not long after the supposed changes, or maybe after Catherine married in, that was celebrating women and saw most females members of the RF in attendance following the "blood princesses" notion.

I vaguely remember it but atm a google search isn't bringing anything up.

Order of Precedence

It's time to close this thread. You can find the new one here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom