Official Visit from the King and Queen of Norway: October 25-26, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HMQueenElizabethII

Heir Apparent
City
Ryde
Country
Australia
As The Norwegian Royals are going to visit The United Kingdom next Tuesday 25th of October, i'm opening this thread for this particular special visit.
More details of the visit programm can be found at the British Royal Website: http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page4456.asp
Happy posting everybody!:)

It will be the first time that Camila will use a tiara in the gala dinner :p

Re;

If anyone is thinking of going to see King H and Queen S - do send me a PM. I'll be going but not sure where is best - I think I'll go to the Embassy and watch the unveiling of the Queen Maud statue - apparantly its in a public area and will be easy to access - according to the Norwegian Embassy.

BeatrixFan and Elspeth....since you are both there, hopefully you will be able to see them...

I think this may be the first time we get to see Camilla in a tiara...I know, it is the little things in life we wait for on here... :)

Well, if this whole thing gets overshadowed by Camilla's tiara, like the Opening of Parliament did by Diana's hairdo that year, the Queen will probably be Not Amused.

i cant wait see the Camilla's tiara and her outfits

and also i would like see the Royals ladies outfits also includes Countess of Wessex maybe?

Sara Boyce

Looking at the program, it seems this will be a very busy visit. I'm looking forward to lots of pictures!

kwanfan said:
Looking at the program, it seems this will be a very busy visit. I'm looking forward to lots of pictures!
Let's only hope that Mette-Marit won't suffer from premature labour pains, that seems to be going around in royal circles these days,:D from the programme... although her programme seems to be a little less than the rest.

Re:

IMPORTANT

If you are planning to go and see King Harald and Queen Sonja - don't go to the Norwegian Embassy Statue Unveiling. It's a closed event and you'll be turned away from the immediate area for security reasons.

The two recommended spots are;

Lloyds HQ - but you'll only see King Harald

Buckingham Palace when they arrive and are met by the Queen and Prince Philip

Sadly, they're not doing a walkabout. :(

It's sad when an unveiling like that has to be closed to the public for security reasons. If royals can't do their stuff in public, it's going to make things a lot harder in terms of keeping people interested in the monarchy.

Thanks for the information, BeatrixFan.

Last edited:
Elspeth said:
Well, if this whole thing gets overshadowed by Camilla's tiara... the Queen will probably be Not Amused.
What if HM gets her own back by having the Press Office issue a statement saying Camilla wore "a stunning diamond tiara" ... "but no photographs will be released." Gottcha!

I will attend the Service at Westminster Abbey:)

I am also thinking of going to Buckingham Palace to see H.M. The King inspect a Guard of Honour. :)

StoneCold said:
I will attend the Service at Westminster Abbey:)

I am also thinking of going to Buckingham Palace to see H.M. The King inspect a Guard of Honour. :)

how does one get invited to such services?

Re;

I've posted this before but I can't find the topic - here goes;

Basically, you have to write to Westminster Abbey each time a service comes up. After you've been a few times, you'll find you're automatically offered tickets. You write to Westminster Abbey (I'll find the exact address) and you specify which event you'd like to attend and how many tickets you'd like.
When a member of the Royal Family passes away, there is usually the announcement made that a Memorial Service will take place later in the year. That means it's already being planned - send it within a week of the announcement and you'll get a ticket. I've been to quite a few events and now I get offered them by phone and I accept them all even if I give them away.

Hope this helps!

The Norwegian royals are flying to UK on monday the 24th, they are then going to the royal yacht Norge, where they will stay until tuesday, after that they will stay at Buckingham palace. 3 ministers are travelling with them; Minister of forreign affairs, Minister of justice and Minister of petrolium and energy
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=294332

Haakon and Mette-Marit arriving at the royal yacht yesterday evening

www.db.no and ukpress

Attachments

• londonXart280.jpg
    londonXart280.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 1,360
  • Norway_Greenwich_1-UKP.jpg
    Norway_Greenwich_1-UKP.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,467
  • Norway_Greenwich_2-UKP.jpg
    Norway_Greenwich_2-UKP.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 669
  • Norway_Greenwich_3-UKP.jpg
    Norway_Greenwich_3-UKP.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 481
  • Norway_Greenwich_4-UKP.jpg
    Norway_Greenwich_4-UKP.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 507
Last edited:
Schedule for Norwegian Royals visit'stime today:

25. Oct.
at 12.30 hrs.
Their Majesties King Harald & Queen Sonja and the CP couple will start their official visit to the UK.
* 16.00 hrs. Their Majesties and CP couple will pay a visit to 10. Downing Street

* 16.35 hrs.
H.M. the King will lay a wreath at the grave of the Unknown Soldier, Westminster Abbey

* 17.00 hrs.
Their Majesties and the Crown Prince will be received by the Lord Mayor of Westminster, St. James Palace

* 17.30 hrs.
Their Majesties and The Crown Prince will attend a meeting with War veterans, at Buckingham Palace

* 20.00 hrs.
H. M. Queen Elizabeth and H.R.H. the Duke of Edinburgh offer a galladinner in honour of the Norwegian Royals, Buckingham Palace

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos.

Like never I can't wait for the galladinner:cool: What will happen? Who will arrive and who not - HM or Camilla? Did C wear a tiara? etc.etc.

magnik said:
Thanks for the photos.

Like never I can't wait for the galladinner:cool: What will happen? Who will arrive and who not - HM or Camilla? Did C wear a tiara? etc.etc.
Of course, Her Majesty as the hostness of the Gala Dinner will absolutely be there, The Duchess of Cornwall will likely be there but if shes not there, i dont know, we will have to wait and see what will happen, and The Duchess had never worn a Tiara before.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
The Duchess had never worn a Tiara before.
The Duchess never but Camilla wear for her first wedding.

Last edited by a moderator:
So today's the big day! I can't wait for the dinner either.

First pics of the Special Visit of Norwegian Royals with Princess Mette Marit and pictures of The King accompanied by The Princess Royal by Polfoto and ANP Photo:)
I think the Queen is wearing the same outfit she wore when met President Bush in February, through a little bit we can see from her outfit in the back of the King:
Im really looking forward to see the pictures so much.

Attachments

• 3129171.jpg
    3129171.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 541
  • AP438258_guest.jpg
    AP438258_guest.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 410
  • AP438275_guest.jpg
    AP438275_guest.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 570
Last edited:
HMQueenElizabethII said:
First pics of Mette Marit from AAP Image::)
The Princess of Norway walks past Royal Watermen on Millbank Pier in London, as she disembarks from the Royal Yacht Norge, after traveling along a stretch of the River Thames, Tuesday Oct. 25, 2005
Thanks! Mette-Marit look well.. Hope for a better picture of that thing on her head..

more.. from Aftenposten..

Attachments

• KONGEPARET__041090__331941h.jpg
    KONGEPARET__041090__331941h.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 726
  • KONGEPARET__041092__331943h.jpg
    KONGEPARET__041092__331943h.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 503
  • KONGELIGE__041095_j_331952h.jpg
    KONGELIGE__041095_j_331952h.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:
HMQueenElizabethII said:
I think the Queen is wearing the same outfit she wore when met President Bush in February, through a little bit we can see from her outfit in the back of the King
Your rigth its the same outfit

LaMinka said:
Two more.. from Aftenposten..
Thanks for the pictures of The Queen, Laminka.It's right that just "receive" as i thought that Her Majesty will wear a hat and a Welcoming Ceremony though like the other State Visit but its actually not but then The King will inspect a Guard of Honour accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh.

Re:

Queen Sonja looks wonderful! I didn't go up the Palace today but I'll go to some part of the visit.

I like the blue that Mette-Marit and Sonja are wearing. The Queen looks a little washed out though.

Re:

No pictures on Getty yet. The news over here is shocking. The visit was briefly mentioned on LBC Travel news but nothing in the major news.

BeatrixFan said:
No pictures on Getty yet. The news over here is shocking.
First picture of The Queen and Queen Sonja at Buckingham Palace from Getty Images:
And some other more photos of Norwegian Royals at Buckingham Palace from GREMB, sorry that source unknown:

Attachments

• 56002519.jpg
    56002519.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 483
  • r1655301417.jpg
    r1655301417.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 557
  • r2493008491.jpg
    r2493008491.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 841
  • r3622210647.jpg
    r3622210647.jpg