Official Visit from the King and Queen of Norway: October 25-26, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stanwix said:
Wow! Did the Queen or Diana ever wear that crown/tiara? Any pictures of anyone else wearing it? Queen Mary pics? Its quite impressive.

The Queen Mother wore it once; I don't think the Queen has ever worn it. Diana had the Cambridge Lovers' Knot tiara and didn't wear any other of the royal tiaras.

auntie said:
She looked better in the car! Sorry folks, at the end of the day she isn't physically attractive! :D
I agree. For me this tiara is too huge and rich for this dress and necklace. :confused: Sorry but for me it wasn't a good choice:eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
SORRY!:eek:

I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, I really like Camilla, and I am happy that Charles made an honest woman out of her, they look so happy together, and she does look glittering and royal, but not a beauty!

For her age, she is tres chic and elegant. I doubt that any of us would complain if our mothers looked the same. JMO

too much jewelry or too much dress, but she does not look good. She has done better before. She looks like she is going to the Carnival of Brazil.

this thread is about Norwegian Royals visiting the UK, where are the pics of the other guests?

Corazon, you seem to have a short memory. Please check out branchg's post in this thread just a couple of days ago:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5104&page=8&pp=20

If you want to continue this conversation about the necklace, please do it over there. Any further attempts to turn this thread into a conversation about Diana will be deleted.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator

Re:

I've shed a few little tears for her tonight. Tears of joy. She's waiting for over 30 years for this moment and she just looks amazing. Tonight will be so hard for her - her first State Banquet as a member of the Royal Family. I just want to hug her! Now, what would make this perfect would be for this photograph to flash around the world and for people to say, "Yup - She's Royal now" and for her finally to say, "I'm Princess of Wales and I'll be Queen".

Now, let's see what Sonja's wearing - please God not that emerald number with the canary frock she pulls out every time.

Sonja is wearing a dress I think she have wear in Belgium..1994? Its not the canary frock(thank god). Mette-Marit is wearing a green dress

I can't still decide if I like her look. Perhaps it's too black. And I'm uncertain about the tiara. I think it's too big and elaborated for today. It looked better on Queen Mary.

From Aftenposten

Attachments

• KONGELIGE__041148_j_332147g.jpg
    KONGELIGE__041148_j_332147g.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 736
  • KONGELIGE__041142_j_332141g.jpg
    KONGELIGE__041142_j_332141g.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 495
Re:

Camilla seems to be having a good chuckle with Harald. It's a shame she hasn't got a decoration. Everyone else is in a sash except her. Maybe next time...:)

p.s - Sonja wore white - not a touch of yellow in sight!! ;)

Two white Queens and one green and really nice CPss:) and one black Dss.
It looks strange on the photo black, green, black, twice not really white, and three blacks:eek:

What tiara is Queen of Sweden wearing?

Gorgeous tiara!

Nice dress.

But I don't like the way the tiara goes with everything else - the dress seems too modern, her hair is too feathered and big around it, the necklace is too small and modern (I think QEII's diamond necklace which is just a string of big diamonds would have looked better, classic, stands on its own, eye catching but not fighting with the tiara). The tiara is so big I think it would have been better to keep everything streamlined but made of sumptuous materials.

Camilla isn't wearing any sash... but Sonja, Haakon and Mette-Marit are also only wearing their Norwegian sashes. No exchange, this time?

More pictures from the galla and from earlier today.. Also from Aftenposten

Attachments

• KONGELIGE__041143_j_332142g.jpg
    KONGELIGE__041143_j_332142g.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 442
  • KONGELIGE__041135_j_332076g.jpg
    KONGELIGE__041135_j_332076g.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 318
  • KONGELIGE__041144_j_332143g.jpg
    KONGELIGE__041144_j_332143g.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 3,615
  • KONGELIGE__041146_j_332145g.jpg
    KONGELIGE__041146_j_332145g.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 677
Last edited:
BeatrixFan said:
Camilla seems to be having a good chuckle with Harald. It's a shame she hasn't got a decoration. Everyone else is in a sash except her. Maybe next time...:)

She will receive some foreign order if she travels with Charles on official visit to some monarchy, I think. And I'm pretty sure that someday Camilla will wear a certain blue ribbon. ;)

auntie said:
What tiara is Queen Sonja wearing?
Empress Josephine Tiara

OMG!!!!The Duchess looks really amazing and impressive in this fantastic Tiara when she first time wearing a Tiara.Great work, Duchess, she is doing really well.
I think Queen Sonja wearing a dress that she had worn several times?And The QUeen wearing the same dress she visited Norway in 2001.Any other pics of other members of The Royal Family?I can see Edward in the background but not seeing Sophie yet, but it is the first time the Duchess wearing her Tiara so i think the light will go to the Duchess much more though.
It might declare the role of the Duchess clearly now, she'll be Queen thought they said that she will be Princess Consort but no way!She will be Queen, thats even she can stand for the Official Photo at The Gala Banquet.But anyway The Duchess has been doing well.

Last edited:
Mette-Marit seems to me, without having seen any close ups, to be wearing Queen Maud's fan tiara. Sonja's at it with her regular emeralds.

LaMinka said:
Of Sweden?? Sonja is the Queen of Norway
oops sorry! How did the tiara reach the Norwegiene RF?

I love MM's dress!

Camilla looks radiant. I think she has proven everyone that she is very likable and a wonderful woman for Prince Charles. They both seem so happy.

auntie said:
oops sorry! How did the tiara reach the Norwegiene RF?
Through Crown Princess Märtha, née Princess Märtha of Sweden, I believe.

BeatrixFan said:
And doesn't she just look amazing in it! No decorations though :(

We need to see another shot, but it looks like they opened it in the back so it could be worn as a tiara, rather than like a crown high on the head the way Queen Mary wore it.

I think Camilla looks great in it! She has a big hairdo and needed a large tiara, rather than one that would be lost in her hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom