Official Visit from the King and Queen of Norway: October 25-26, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting.

So much for "she won't be Queen, she'll be Princess Consort." Not in a tiara made for a Durbar, she won't.

Wow Camilla!!! Fantastic. She looks really ... fantastic :):)

of course, is my very personal opinion, I respect all members's opinions, but for me, she look terrible.

Re:

Finally she looks the wife of the Prince of Wales should look and how a future Queen should look. Perfect. I hope we see an official shot of her in the tiara - a perfect publicity portrait.

Elspeth said:
Interesting.

So much for "she won't be Queen, she'll be Princess Consort." Not in a tiara made for a Durbar, she won't.

Yup, I quite agree with you, we are all looking at the future Queen Camilla, the mistress who became a queen. By the way, what does durbar stand for?!

I think she looks great...it's about time and good for her! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though esp. when it's delivered in such a respectul manner ;)
?
Do we have any more photos from the gala?

I, personally, don't like her. But...I think she looks nice! Not awesome, but nice! I, too, think that tiara fits with her. Good for her. Can't wait to see everyone else...

That is a stunning tiara. We need more pics. A full shot cause the car makes her look squished. She looks good from what I see but I need a full shot to judge completely. She definitly looks like a future queen. Its a wonderfull look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh... What a surprise, the tiara of Queen-Empress, made for an event not unlike a coronation! :)

It isn't up to the Queen. If Charles outlives her, he'll be King; that's the way the succession works. Wishful thinking isn't going to change anything.

I couldn´t agree more! The tiara looks fantastic. The Duchess is every inch a Royal!
Thank you for the picture :)

oh my goodness! she looks great. that foto brought tears to my eyes!

BRAVO Camilla! My heavens! She looks fantastic! Although I too am amazed she wore the Delhi Durbar... I was certain she'd go for something more subtle. As it is, however, she seems to be saying "I've arrived," and in a very big way. Good for her.

auntie said:
Yup, I quite agree with you, we are all looking at the future Queen Camilla, the mistress who became a queen. By the way, what does durbar stand for?!
I agree. Durbar here stands for a solemn ceremony of proclaiming the Emperor of India and presenting him to native princes. It was held in 1911 for King-Emperor George V and Queen-Empress Mary--it was deemed inappropriate to have a coronation in a Hindu country.

auntie said:

In India durbars were Court events; in imperial times the Durbar were the occasion where the Empress of India (Queen Victoria) was proclaimed as such by the Viceroy, and it was a very major ceremonial event. Not quite a coronation, but not far short.

In 1911 George V was proclaimed Emperor at a Durbar in Delhi, and the tiara Camilla is wearing was made for Queen Mary to wear at the Durbar.

You can wait and see all you want but nothing will change. Camilla is definitly making the statement of I have arrived. You think she could be changing what the tiara stands for and to try to give it a new purpose. That would be a smart thing to do.

I just arrived home and thought there won´t be any tiara pictures yet and now this - WOW, it looks great !! Well done Camilla :)

Elspeth said:
In India durbars were Court events; in imperial times the Durbar were the occasion where the Empress of India (Queen Victoria) was proclaimed as such by the Viceroy, and it was a very major ceremonial event. Not quite a coronation, but not far short.

In 1911 George V was proclaimed Emperor at a Durbar in Delhi, and the tiara Camilla is wearing was made for Queen Mary to wear at the Durbar.

Thank you Mapple and Elspeth, who made the crown, or who paid for it? The British or Indians?
BTW my husband can't understand my excitement in seeing Camilla with a Tiara, he thinks I'm nuts, he just walked in and said "she looks terrible" well there's no accounting for tastes!

auntie said:
Thank you Mapple and Elspeth, who made the crown, or who paid for it? The British or Indians?
BTW my husband can't understand my excitement in seeing Camilla with a Tiara, he thinks I'm nuts, he just walked in and said "she looks terrible" well there's no accounting for tastes!
The Imperial Crown of George V was paid for by the Indians and made by the British jewellers; as for the tiara, I don't know.

Here's another pic from polfoto.dk

This pic of Camilla in the tiara looks very impressive. Charles and Camilla look good together. I like the dress and the necklace too. Not too much to compete with the tiara.

Attachments

• AP438818_guest.jpg
    AP438818_guest.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 689
Last edited:
Any pictures of Mette-Marit or the Queen?

Re:

She looks stunning. A Norwegian or British Order would have been the icing on the cake but she looks extremely regal (as she should).

ysbel said:
This pic of Camilla in the tiara looks very impressive. Charles and Camilla look good together.
She looked better in the car! Sorry folks, at the end of the day she isn't physically attractive! She has greatly improved, but is no great beauty. I, on the other hand am really excited to see what Queen Sonja and CP MM will be wearing.:D

Wow!! She lookes fantastic! At first i thought that the tiara was a little to big but at this picture she looks fab! The dress looks gorgeous even if I would like a full pic of the dress. What an start at her tiara era...:)

Auntie~
You're totally right...Camilla isn't a typical beauty and if we're being honest, she's barely average. However, for her, I think she looks just gorgeous and more importantly, I think it's great to see her looking so happy by Charles' side! FINALLY!

Wow! Did the Queen or Diana ever wear that crown/tiara? Any pictures of anyone else wearing it? Queen Mary pics? Its quite impressive.

auntie said:
She looked better in the car! Sorry folks, at the end of the day she isn't physically attractive! She has greatly improved, but is no great beauty. I, on the other hand am really excited to see what Queen Sonja and CP MM will be wearing.:D
auntie, forgive me, I didn't mean she was a physical beauty but that she and Charles make a good looking couple in this photo.
Royals don't have to be beauty queens but they have to have a certain 'look' and Charles and Camilla have pulled it off tonight IMHO.
Queen Mary who was horribly unattractive in her later years still looked like a Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom