Next Royal Event after Funeral/Coronation

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

travelguy

Aristocracy
City
oswestry
Country
United Kingdom
What do we think will be the next big royal Event after this. Will it be big birthdays/Weddings

Sorry - just realized this thread was for British royals. My bad. Mods can delete this post :)

Last edited:
I think that after the coronation, King Charles III and Queen Camilla will visit the other countries, and especially the other European monarchies (Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, etc).

What do we think will be the next big royal Event after this. Will it be big birthdays/Weddings

On this scale we may have to wait until Charles 80:th birthday celebrations wich ofcourse now will be the event of the year.

On a big but not this big scale, we will ofcourse have the Trooping the Colour, the Order of the Garter Day, the Royal Ascot, the Garden Parties etc…. And in 2025 i’m sure there will be celebrations commemorating the 80:s anniversary of the VE-day

But i suppose the state visits will now resume too with the new King and Queen recieving incoming heads of state and going abroad on state visits every year now.

If we are talking about other royal families as well, the King of Swedens Golden Jubilee comes on 15:th September next year… I suspect that will be after Charles’ coronation.

Last edited:
On this scale we may have to wait until Charles 80:th birthday celebrations wich ofcourse now will be the event of the year.

On a big but not this big scale, we will ofcourse have the Trooping the Colour, the Order of the Garter Day, the Royal Ascot, the Garden Parties etc…. And in 2025 i’m sure there will be celebrations commemorating the 80:s anniversary of the D-Day

But i suppose the state visits will now resume too with the new King and Queen recieving incoming heads of state and going abroad on visits every year now.

Yes, I except state visits to and from the UK to resume shortly. Emperor Naruhito's visit was postponed during the pandemic and is yet to be rescheduled. And there has not been a state visit from Belgium to the UK since 1963.

Yes, I except state visits to and from the UK to resume shortly. Emperor Naruhito's visit was postponed during the pandemic and is yet to be rescheduled. And there has not been a state visit from Belgium to the UK since 1963.

Also a planned incoming state visit from the President of South Africa was postponed and has not been rescheduled…

The next european monarch’s to make a state visit to UK should logically be the King of the Belgians and the Grand Duke of Luxembourg who are not yet made Knights of the Order of the Garter… It’s unfortunate that the abdicated belgian King is also not a Knight of the Garter and the only Monarch in his generation who is not…

Next year will be the 18th birthday of Prince Christian of Denmark. Hopefully they will have a gala and invite royals from other countries. I wish The Prince and Princess of Wales would go. If it's like Princess Ingrid Alexandra's birthday Prince George might come. :) I don't think that's a tradition in Denmark and a new one for Norway to have the children there.

I think that after the coronation, King Charles III and Queen Camilla will visit the other countries, and especially the other European monarchies (Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, etc).

I hope they will visit the Commonwealth nations - especially realms - before visiting anywhere else (that is if Charles is serious about his commitment to the Commonwealth).

I hope they will visit the Commonwealth nations - especially realms - before visiting anywhere else (that is if Charles is serious about his commitment to the Commonwealth).

Yes, I agree. I think that we can expect visits to Canada, Australia & New Zealand within the next two years. A visit to the Caribbean realms will be last, and only after those countries have had time to determine whether they wish to remain realms or become republics. I haven't really seen much news or discussion about republican movements in Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands & Tuvalu, so if they're content with remaining realms, I would expect a tour of those three countries to come after the Canada, Australia & New Zealand tours.

As far as Belgium is concerned, as others have noted, they have not had a State Visit to the UK in 60 years, so it could very easily, along with the postponed State Visit from Japan, also happen within the next two years, and it would make sense for those to be scheduled sooner rather than later.

I don't see Charles & Camilla making any official State Visits to the European monarchies, the US, France, Germany & Italy until after the Commonwealth visits are completed. We're going to have a good decade of major State Visits both to and from the UK, if not longer.

Leonor's 18th birthday also comes next fall, most likely after Charles' coronation, so that might be the next major royal event, depending on how big of a deal the Spanish RF makes it - probably not very, knowing how lowkey they are, lol.

Will they have brief introductory visits to neighbouring countries like what Spain, Belgium and the Netherlands did?

Last edited:
Next British Royal Event after the Coronation of King Charles III?

The second wedding of his eldest nephew Peter Philipps.

Eventually - birth of the third grandchild of the Duke and Duchess of York.

Next British Royal Event after the Coronation of King Charles III?

The second wedding of his eldest nephew Peter Philipps.

Eventually - birth of the third grandchild of the Duke and Duchess of York.

Woulnd't anything what will happen on York family be quiet small thing? Yes, surely many media will announce such things but it hardly will be big thing.

Charles III's 80th birthday is not too very far.

Isn’t there a rule that the longer reigning monarch receives the other one first for a state visit? Charles would have to visit the other monarchies first before he can receive them for a state visit?

Will they have brief introductory visits to neighbouring countries like what Spain, Belgium and the Netherlands did?

I would be surprised if C&C carried out introduction tours to other monarchies as carried out by W-A & Max, and to a lesser extent by F&L and Ph & M.

C&C will carry out state visits and official visits, as advised by the government of the day.

Last edited:
And there has not been a state visit from Belgium to the UK since 1963.

I do not believe the UK government sees Belgium as a strategic priority, so a state visit to or from Belgium is unlikely in the near term.

I think the key realms will get visits from the King & Queen. However, I am not sure if all the realms will get royal visits before official visits or state visits to other countries, as advised by the government.

Isn’t there a rule that the longer reigning monarch receives the other one first for a state visit? Charles would have to visit the other monarchies first before he can receive them for a state visit?

I don't know that. If so, if the UK-Japan state visit resumes, will it become state visit from UK to Japan?

Woulnd't anything what will happen on York family be quiet small thing? Yes, surely many media will announce such things but it hardly will be big thing.

Birth of a child is always a big thing.?

On an non UK-Note there will also be 50th birtrhdays of Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Notrway.
And King Charles will be 75 next year.
As for StateVisits i don't expcet manily State Visits to other monarcheis first but rather those countries with which the UK-Governemnt sees as important. So my guess is that it is more likely that it will be countries like the US, France etc. I also don't epect at State Visit to Germany soon as one of the last (if not the last) State Visit of Queen Elizabeth II. was to it.

As for this year i think the first big annual Event will be remembrance Sunday and i hope that there will again be a diiplomatic reception.

I do not believe the UK government sees Belgium as a strategic priority, so a state visit to or from Belgium is unlikely in the near term.

There was a time when the UK joined a World War because of Belgium, which was considered essential to UK security across the English channel. But, of course, the geopolitics of Europe have greatly changed since then. Still, Brussels is the capital of the European Union and the current president of the European Council is a former Belgian PM (the second former Belgian PM to occupy that office BTW since it was created). The European Parliament's Brexit coordinator during the Brexit negotiations was also a former Belgian PM.

If you ask me, I would say it is a big mistake for the UK to neglect Belgium. And King Philippe and his wife were always very kind to Queen Elizabeth II and members of her family. King Philippe by the way is King Charles III's fourth cousin (his father and his uncle were Queen Elizabeth II's third cousins).

Last edited:

So we're probably still going to have to wait a long time to see a state visit from Belgium to the UK. And also to see a King of Belgium join the Order of the Garter, something that hasn't happened since King Baudouin was invested in that order in 1963.

Grand Duke Henri also has yet to make a state visit to the UK and has not been invested in the Order of the Garter either.

Will the Emperor of Japan's state visit still take place?

When the king passes would he lie in state and get the same sort of coverage like the Queen has

Back
Top Bottom