HM Queen Elizabeth II​ - Rest In Peace
The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-17-2022, 06:56 PM
Gentry

Next Royal Event after Funeral/Coronation

What do we think will be the next big royal Event after this. Will it be big birthdays/Weddings

Old 09-17-2022, 06:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelguy View Post
What do we think will be the next big royal Event after this. Will it be big birthdays/Weddings

The Coronation of King Charles III comes to mind...

Old 09-17-2022, 06:59 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
The Coronation of King Charles III comes to mind...
My thread title says the next big event after The Funeral and Coronation
Old 09-17-2022, 07:02 PM
Aristocracy

Sorry - just realized this thread was for British royals. My bad. Mods can delete this post :)
Old 09-17-2022, 07:03 PM
Majesty

I think that after the coronation, King Charles III and Queen Camilla will visit the other countries, and especially the other European monarchies (Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, etc).
Old 09-17-2022, 07:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
On this scale we may have to wait until Charles 80:th birthday celebrations wich ofcourse now will be the event of the year.

On a big but not this big scale, we will ofcourse have the Trooping the Colour, the Order of the Garter Day, the Royal Ascot, the Garden Parties etc…. And in 2025 i’m sure there will be celebrations commemorating the 80:s anniversary of the VE-day

But i suppose the state visits will now resume too with the new King and Queen recieving incoming heads of state and going abroad on state visits every year now.

If we are talking about other royal families as well, the King of Swedens Golden Jubilee comes on 15:th September next year… I suspect that will be after Charles’ coronation.
Old 09-17-2022, 07:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
On this scale we may have to wait until Charles 80:th birthday celebrations wich ofcourse now will be the event of the year.

On a big but not this big scale, we will ofcourse have the Trooping the Colour, the Order of the Garter Day, the Royal Ascot, the Garden Parties etc…. And in 2025 i’m sure there will be celebrations commemorating the 80:s anniversary of the D-Day

But i suppose the state visits will now resume too with the new King and Queen recieving incoming heads of state and going abroad on visits every year now.
Yes, I except state visits to and from the UK to resume shortly. Emperor Naruhito's visit was postponed during the pandemic and is yet to be rescheduled. And there has not been a state visit from Belgium to the UK since 1963.
Old 09-17-2022, 07:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Yes, I except state visits to and from the UK to resume shortly. Emperor Naruhito's visit was postponed during the pandemic and is yet to be rescheduled. And there has not been a state visit from Belgium to the UK since 1963.
Also a planned incoming state visit from the President of South Africa was postponed and has not been rescheduled…

The next european monarch’s to make a state visit to UK should logically be the King of the Belgians and the Grand Duke of Luxembourg who are not yet made Knights of the Order of the Garter… It’s unfortunate that the abdicated belgian King is also not a Knight of the Garter and the only Monarch in his generation who is not…
Old 09-17-2022, 07:51 PM
Courtier

Next year will be the 18th birthday of Prince Christian of Denmark. Hopefully they will have a gala and invite royals from other countries. I wish The Prince and Princess of Wales would go. If it's like Princess Ingrid Alexandra's birthday Prince George might come. :) I don't think that's a tradition in Denmark and a new one for Norway to have the children there.
Old 09-17-2022, 10:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
I think that after the coronation, King Charles III and Queen Camilla will visit the other countries, and especially the other European monarchies (Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, etc).
I hope they will visit the Commonwealth nations - especially realms - before visiting anywhere else (that is if Charles is serious about his commitment to the Commonwealth).
Old 09-17-2022, 11:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I hope they will visit the Commonwealth nations - especially realms - before visiting anywhere else (that is if Charles is serious about his commitment to the Commonwealth).
Yes, I agree. I think that we can expect visits to Canada, Australia & New Zealand within the next two years. A visit to the Caribbean realms will be last, and only after those countries have had time to determine whether they wish to remain realms or become republics. I haven't really seen much news or discussion about republican movements in Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands & Tuvalu, so if they're content with remaining realms, I would expect a tour of those three countries to come after the Canada, Australia & New Zealand tours.

As far as Belgium is concerned, as others have noted, they have not had a State Visit to the UK in 60 years, so it could very easily, along with the postponed State Visit from Japan, also happen within the next two years, and it would make sense for those to be scheduled sooner rather than later.

I don't see Charles & Camilla making any official State Visits to the European monarchies, the US, France, Germany & Italy until after the Commonwealth visits are completed. We're going to have a good decade of major State Visits both to and from the UK, if not longer.

Leonor's 18th birthday also comes next fall, most likely after Charles' coronation, so that might be the next major royal event, depending on how big of a deal the Spanish RF makes it - probably not very, knowing how lowkey they are, lol.
Old 09-17-2022, 11:27 PM
Serene Highness

Will they have brief introductory visits to neighbouring countries like what Spain, Belgium and the Netherlands did?
Old 09-18-2022, 12:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Next British Royal Event after the Coronation of King Charles III?

The second wedding of his eldest nephew Peter Philipps.

Eventually - birth of the third grandchild of the Duke and Duchess of York.
Old 09-18-2022, 12:35 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Next British Royal Event after the Coronation of King Charles III?

The second wedding of his eldest nephew Peter Philipps.

Eventually - birth of the third grandchild of the Duke and Duchess of York.

Woulnd't anything what will happen on York family be quiet small thing? Yes, surely many media will announce such things but it hardly will be big thing.

Charles III's 80th birthday is not too very far.
Old 09-18-2022, 01:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:

Just wait and see
Old 09-18-2022, 02:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Next Royal Event after Funeral/Coronation

Isn’t there a rule that the longer reigning monarch receives the other one first for a state visit? Charles would have to visit the other monarchies first before he can receive them for a state visit?
Old 09-18-2022, 02:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
Will they have brief introductory visits to neighbouring countries like what Spain, Belgium and the Netherlands did?

I would be surprised if C&C carried out introduction tours to other monarchies as carried out by W-A & Max, and to a lesser extent by F&L and Ph & M.

C&C will carry out state visits and official visits, as advised by the government of the day.
Old 09-18-2022, 02:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
And there has not been a state visit from Belgium to the UK since 1963.
I do not believe the UK government sees Belgium as a strategic priority, so a state visit to or from Belgium is unlikely in the near term.
Old 09-18-2022, 02:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I think the key realms will get visits from the King & Queen. However, I am not sure if all the realms will get royal visits before official visits or state visits to other countries, as advised by the government.
Old 09-18-2022, 02:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
Isn’t there a rule that the longer reigning monarch receives the other one first for a state visit? Charles would have to visit the other monarchies first before he can receive them for a state visit?
I don't know that. If so, if the UK-Japan state visit resumes, will it become state visit from UK to Japan?