Hello! I’ve been lurking on the forums for months, but it’s just now that I signed up fully in the forum!
I am a huge history fan though I have to blame my following for the Netflix series The Crown and it’s where I became an admirer of one of the show’s main characters, Tony Armstrong-Jones, more known as Lord Snowdon or the 1st Earl of Snowdon (and since he already passed away and his son is the current Earl, so we have to distinguish who’s who).
Even if it was many years that had passed since he and Princess Margaret divorced, but his life within and outside the Firm has always been fascinating to learn, and especially his charity work.
I noticed that there isn’t an active forum about him, aside from David and Serena & Sarah and Daniel. (There was one thread about Frances and Rodolphe but it’s only about their wedding). So I thought I could start with discussing about his extended family and other news and updates.
Discussions open here:
- Lady Frances and Rodolphe von Hofmannsthal and family (daughter and son-in-law)
- Lucy, Countess of Snowdon (she and Lord Snowdon have separated but did not fully divorce) (by the way, she turned 79 yesterday, March 11!)
- Peregrine and Caroline Armstrong-Jones and family (Lord Snowdon’s much younger half-brother who organizes royal family parties with Bentley’s Entertainment)
- Tony’s Irish relatives - Veseys and Parsons (Viscount de Vesci and Earl of Rosse, respectively)
- Snowdon Trust - charity established by Lord Snowdon in 1981, and has helped many disabled students achieve scholarships
- Photographs and other works by Snowdon
We can do further discuss topics here!