Monarch as God?: Royals and the Occult

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porknight

City
florence
Country
Italy
I know sound a silly question , but I was having an argument with somebody , and he was thinking that monarchies are believed to be god , or be worshipped as gods. Then he stated that some British think that she is some kind of god . As I know according to a survey (don't remember the source) that most of the British claim to believe more in ghosts than God .

Can I have some explanation please?

Please remember that this is not a joke please be honest and if you are a british write honestly what do you think about the Queen.

I think she's Head of State, and Supreme Governor of the Church of England. I don't believe in gods.

There are some Pacific Islanders who worship Prince Philip as a god, but I don't think the British royals have ever been accorded that status in Britain. Your friend isn't thinking of the Japanese emperor by any chance, is he?

I think that at one point (I don't know how long ago), it was believed that the monarch was a descendant of god or a direct representative of god. The only reference I can find so far to that is this (PDF) copy of an Australian Parliament committee, though.

As with all human cultures, the apical ancestor may be real or legendary, to use a
lay term. For instance, British royalty had at one time its constitution in divinity and it
was believed that the king, or the queen, was the divine representative on earth. That is
why the monarch is the representative of the Church of England, because of the doctrine
of the monarch as divinity.
In a similar way, most human cultures have a belief system about ancestry. These
days with DNA and RNA testing, some of this can be affirmed or denied, but much of it
still is not amenable to scientific inquiry. Belief systems are belief systems and as we
know with racism, generally false propositions which operate on an illogic are not
amenable to facts. So in the same way belief systems are simply belief systems and there
is no point in taking blood tests and doing DNA tests because it is not relevant to the
exercise. One would not do a DNA test on the queen to see if she were, in fact, a
descendant of God.

WoW!!!!!!!! The things I have learnt on these boards!! I would have never guessed anyone has ever considered the royals (outside of pre war Japan) as descendants of the gods.

Well, the Divine Right of Kings did hold (as far as I know) that the monarch was appointed by God or approved by God or something; I think that's why Charles I refused to recognise the legal system set up to try him for treason. But I wasn't aware that any English or British monarchs, at least during the time of recorded history, were accorded divine status themselves.

But do you think that she is a goddess , and do you worship her as a goddess. Do you vowed upon her like the Christians vowed their heads on prayers and the Catholics vowed their heads before doing the sign of cross when they pass the altars ?

Or this is just a sign of respect ?

I do believe that the Pharaohs of Egypt thought they were direct from God [if my Sunday School classes are remembered correctly] but I never heard of anyone in modern days. I think he is confusing the fact that Queen Elizabeth II is the Head of the Church of England, not that she is part God.

But do you think that she is a goddess , and do you worship her as god ?

Simple answer No and I don't know anyone who would ever have done so, outside of maybe a small island or two. There is a tribe that worships Philip as a god but not any that I know of that worships the Queen and certainly not in Britain itself.

I can only claim to speak for myself and no, I do not consider HM to be a god. I don't think anyone I know in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland does either. :flowers:

Ha! A god??? No human is anyhow "related" to or descended from God. Throughout history certain earthlings have been fortunate enough to have been born into a family/dynasty that had overtaken other earthlings and therefore allowed them a lofty position in their own little earthling world. They may have abused their power to twist reality into creating the joke that they were Divine (the Egyptians, Romans, Russians, etc.) but no, no human should ever be worshipped as a god. And I doubt any sane person alive today would even consider QEII a god, please . . .

No I Do not im a Christian The Queen is a great lady though I Dont think the Queen would want anyone to do that. Thiland or Japan Maybe just my 2 cents

I don't think that British kings and queens were ever considered to be divine. At the most, they were seen to be God's servants and appointed by him to lead--hence the "Divine Right of Kings." I think that HM would be horrified at the idea that someone would consider worshipping her.

But do you think that she is a goddess , and do you worship her as a goddess. Do you vowed upon her like the Christians vowed their heads on prayers and the Catholics vowed their heads before doing the sign of cross when they pass the altars ?

Or this is just a sign of respect ?
I don't think anybody in the UK worships HM as a God.
Though in history, the Romanovs were thought to have been anointed by God as if they were Gods.

No I Do not im a Christian The Queen is a great lady though I Dont think the Queen would want anyone to do that. Thiland or Japan Maybe just my 2 cents[my bolding]
Japanese Emperors used to have the Godlike status. Given the external circumstances, they were forced to give up their divinity after the World War II.
The Japanese Emperor: man god?
Furthermore, I do not think that any English King or Queen ever had the Godlike status. They were/are just the heads of Church of England.

Japanese Emperors used to have the Godlike status. Given the external circumstances, they were forced to give up their divinity after the World War II.
The Japanese Emperor: man god?
Furthermore, I do not think that any English King or Queen ever had the Godlike status. They were/are just the heads of Church of England.

And before that they bowed to The Pope.

I can't remember where i read it but i dont think its true, apparentley the French royal family are decendants of Jesus. They are meant to be part of not only a royal bloodline but a holy bloodline.....personally i think its rubbish but i cant remember for the life of me where i read it. Will try and find it.

I can't remember where i read it but i dont think its true, apparentley the French royal family are decendants of Jesus. They are meant to be part of not only a royal bloodline but a holy bloodline.....personally i think its rubbish but i cant remember for the life of me where i read it. Will try and find it.

I am not sure - but I think this was a theory put forward in the fictional novel by Dan Brown: "Da Vinci Code".

It's an old conspiracy theory that gets recycled from time to time. "The Da Vinci Code" is it's latest outing. It's possible to find Royal genealogies on the internet that go back to ancient times, and there are no divine figures in them.

I am not sure - but I think this was a theory put forward in the fictional novel by Dan Brown: "Da Vinci Code".

And before that they bowed to The Pope.
Yes, people still bow to the Pope but I don't believe that they think he is God -- just given god-like powers to change the thinking of his followers. They believe that he, thru prayer, is told directly by God what to do. But he is not God.

Wensday 9/3 the danish TV 2 is broadcasting the first programme in a series called: Meet the Natives.

In the appetiser is written:

"Normally, it is the white men who go to remote parts of the world for filming the natives, but in this series it is five lightly dressed men from the tropical island of Tanna in the South Pacific, who has decided to look at how life is lived in the cold and remote archipelago, known as the United Kingdom. On Tanna they consider the English as their lost brothers, and they are convinced that Prince Philip is the son of their god. Yapa, Albi, Plastic Bag, Joel and JJ, must be in the country for six weeks and they have promised their chieftain to try to get a message back from Prince Phillip":lol:.

I am looking very much forward to watching this series.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I do not, but then I am American. However, I do believe that HM's life has been based on service, which is serving God.

henry viii thought he was God's messenger on earth. So he thought he was pretty god-like.
also, sticking it to the pope and catholisim, sort of gives an indication of his so called divinity

Well Porknight, the Queen is most certainly not a God. As has been said, she is the head of state. As the Pope is not a God, but the leader of a faith, so is the Queen.

Many years ago, back in the days when your decendants invaded this fine country I live in, Roylaty and Emporers may have been seen as Gods, but reality has now set in and we respect that they are human beings with the frailties and emotions of all humans. They are just particularly good at what they do and how they represent us.

Just an afterthought too. I don't recall that HM has ever professed to be a God, or any of her immediate descendants.

Ifmeister, I believe the word you wanted to use was "ancestors, not "descendants". :flowers:

British Royals and the Occult

I saw an interview of HRH Prince Charles in which he talked about being the houseguest of other aristocrats and being put up in the huge ancient room and bed that once been slept in by Charles I. He said he was hardly 12 yrs old and terrified the entire night. It got me thinking, since many statley homes come replete with ghosts , have the royals ever commented on occult phenom. occuring in their homes, or spirits pestering the monarchs..?
I know Queen Victoria saw and apparation of Elizabeth I and this story circulated much in the 1800's press but was squished in the much of the 20th cent. journals.
I am open minded about parapsychology and suspect that monarchs and other royals would be targets for both visitations and imaginative embelishments. Banter anyone?

I know some of the royal residences are supposed to be haunted, but I don't know if the royals themselves have ever talked about it.

Hey E, I am trying to remember if David used to have sceances and ouija boards at his place with Thelma Furness and Wallis and co? Do you remember reading something about that?

Not off-hand, although I wouldn't be surprised. That was the sort of pastime that had its popular phases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom