The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-08-2021, 06:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalist.in.NC View Post
Ok, folks, I am now totally confused about who is in the RF, the Royal House....

At the top of this website link it says “The Royal Family” - could someone please explain? Thanks!
Its not all that clear. I wonder if they keep the Sussexes because there is a hope that some day they'll come back or at least Harry will and his children will perhaps do a bit of royal work/choose to settle in the UK? WRT Andrew, I think that the queen has too much of a soft spot for him and while she agrees that he has had to reitre from work, doesn't want him cast out and off the website completley....

Old 06-08-2021, 08:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
It would be better to put all the cousins on their or take Andrew and the Sussexes off but I can see why the compromise for now.
I don't understand the inconsistency of not including Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie. In the present situation, the list on https://www.royal.uk/royal-family consists of all the adult princesses/princes with the exception of the York daughters.

It is not a case of the biographies being "slimmed down" beginning with the princesses' generation because, although not listed on the page, the Cambridge children and Archie Mountbatten-Windsor have biographies on the official website. It's unclear why the palace believes the need is greater for a biography of a toddler who is not yet a prince than two adult princesses whose kinship to a monarch is the same as his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalist.in.NC View Post
Ok, folks, I am now totally confused about who is in the RF, the Royal House....
The British monarchy as a general rule uses the term Royal Family instead of Royal House.

Membership of the Royal Family/House is not laid down by law in most European monarchies, including the UK, and membership is given or withheld by the will of the monarch.

The full list of Royal Family members is produced for legal reasons (as discussed upthread, the names of Royal Family members are protected by law from commercial use) by the Lord Chamberlain's Office.

https://www.royal.uk/sites/default/f..._family_11.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moran View Post
I'm also interested by Prince and Princess Michael's inclusion - were they included previously? I can't remember but if not, it's interesting, given the recent headlines about him. It would be an intriguing message. If they were, well, BP can't really exclude them since it would be interpreted as him being guilty.
Not in the previous version, but they used to be included in even older versions of the page.

Old 06-08-2021, 08:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
I don't understand the inconsistency of not including Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie. In the present situation, the list on https://www.royal.uk/royal-family consists of all the adult princesses/princes with the exception of the York daughters.

It is not a case of the biographies being "slimmed down" beginning with the princesses' generation because, although not listed on the page, the Cambridge children and Archie Mountbatten-Windsor have biographies on the official website. It's unclear why the palace believes the need is greater for a biography of a toddler who is not yet a prince than two adult princesses whose kinship to a monarch is the same as his.
Prince Charles is the heir to the throne, so his descendants' biographies are on the official website.
Old 06-08-2021, 12:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, but Queen Elizabeth II is the occupant of the throne, and not all of her descendants' biographies are on the official website.
Old 06-10-2021, 04:34 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Yes, but Queen Elizabeth II is the occupant of the throne, and not all of her descendants' biographies are on the official website.
But she has a LOT of grandchildren etc. Charles has only 2 sons,
Old 06-10-2021, 08:10 AM
Majesty

The queen has only 8 grandchildren (4 of them prince(ss)) and Charles has 5 (3 of them prince(ss)); that's not an enormous difference.

So, I fully agree with Tatiana Maria that it is very inconsistent; however, they seem to be tip-toeing around the Sussexes. But either they should include all royal highnesses or only include the working senior royals (or any other consistent option).
Old 06-10-2021, 08:13 AM
Majesty

I was wondering whether the Duke of Edinburgh's grandchildren participated in the Duke of Edinburgh Awards. I know that Louise and James are currently participating but I don't know about his 6 elder grandchildren.

It would surely be wonderful if his great-grandchildren would participate as well in a couple of years (it starts at age 14 I believe).
Old 06-10-2021, 11:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
I was wondering whether the Duke of Edinburgh's grandchildren participated in the Duke of Edinburgh Awards. I know that Louise and James are currently participating but I don't know about his 6 elder grandchildren.

It would surely be wonderful if his great-grandchildren would participate as well in a couple of years (it starts at age 14 I believe).
To my knowledge - Eugenie started one , I am unsure if she completed a level as I couldn't find any detail of it online. So no one - Catherine did complete a Bronze level. I remember William saying in an interview at Eton that he was too busy.

https://www.itv.com/news/2018-05-24/...th-grandfather

Further afield - one of the Duke of Kent's daughter completed a bronze and I think so did Lady Helen Taylor's children.