Members of the Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well that was back then, things have changed since and who counts as part of the BRF is very different now.

Ceremonial for George VI's funeral, in which many non-highness members of the British royal family, including Mary's children, are listed under "Members of the British and foreign royal families":

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/39575/supplement/3345

Well that was back then, things have changed since and who counts as part of the BRF is very different now.

The fact that many non-highnesses are counted as members has not changed. The current list is:

https://www.royal.uk/sites/default/files/media/annex_d_-_royal_family_14.pdf

ANNEX D

THE ROYAL FAMILY

The King
The Queen Consort
The Prince and Princess of Wales
Prince George of Wales
Princess Charlotte of Wales
Prince Louis of Wales
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex
Master Archie Mountbatten-Windsor
Miss Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor
The Duke of York
Princess Beatrice, Mrs. Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi and Mr. Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi
Miss Sienna Mapelli Mozzi
Princess Eugenie, Mrs. Jack Brooksbank and Mr. Jack Brooksbank
Master August Brooksbank
The Earl and Countess of Wessex and Forfar
Viscount Severn
The Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor
The Princess Royal and Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence
Mr. Peter Phillips
Miss Savannah Phillips
Miss Isla Phillips
Mr. and Mrs. Michael Tindall
Miss Mia Tindall
Miss Lena Tindall
Master Lucas Tindall
The Earl of Snowdon
Viscount Linley
The Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones
The Lady Sarah Chatto and Mr. Daniel Chatto
Mr. Samuel Chatto
Mr. Arthur Chatto
The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester
The Duke and Duchess of Kent
Prince and Princess Michael of Kent
Princess Alexandra, the Honourable Lady Ogilvy
Sarah, Duchess of York

Are you asking about Royal House or Royal family because the two are not the same.

I'm pretty sure the reason that Mary's children were excluded, is that unlike her brother's children, her children weren't male-line grandchildren - and at that point only the male-line grandchildren were considered part of the royal family; Mary's children weren't royals after all unlike their cousins. Her children were instead considered members of the (Earl of) Harewood/Lascelles family. I don't think it had anything to do with their personal relationship.

A lot of why Mary didn’t go to things was politics above Elizabeth to do with the exclusion of David.

The Queen got on fine with Mary and she definitely went to Balmoral. She was also close enough to her cousin who went to big family occasions while they lived. There was some issues over divorce and the like through the years though.

Are you asking about Royal House or Royal family because the two are not the same.

I'm not sure who "you" refers to, but your own post above referred to "the BRF" (British Royal Family). I haven't seen an instance of the British monarchy using the term Royal House.

Back
Top Bottom