Media Blackout in 1936 v. Today

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the meantime because we are not allowed to speculate someone else, someone completely different has been mentioned over and over again.

When I say "guilt" I don't necessarily mean in terms of criminal activity I mean in terms of the accusations of sexual activity being true and their impact on that person's personal life. It has been alledged in some quarters that the sexual activity was of a same sex nature so if this person is married and these accusations are true that would be even more devastating for his/her marraige and for their own personal reputation as this person may not have portrayed themselves as having gay tendancies in the past and would not want people to think this was the case.

P.S. I wonder if he/she will still attend the Diamond Wedding Service at Westminster Abbey even if their identity has not been formally revealed at that point as almost everyone in the Abbey and those watching on T.V. will know who the person is and it will take the emphasis off the Queen and Prince Phillip's big day.

At the end of the day, it's really about how accepting the Royal Family are. Whoever it is (and as you rightly say, I could be wrong about it) is obviously gay and therefore once the blackmail offence is dealt with we're left with a gay royal. How the Windsors choose to deal with this will be an interesting one and could show them to be wonderfully modern and accepting or old fashioned and bigoted. I doubt anyone would be left out of the Wedding Service - if they were it'd be more than obvious. < ed >

If the Royal and the aide are taking drugs, then we have a problem. If the Royal and the aide are just making a Paris tape, then we have no problem per se but the implications for the family look slightly bleak if the Huffington Post are right. < ed >

Last edited by a moderator:
< ed > As far as "Lord Voldemort" is concerned I don't think that a lot of upper class people who get involved in homosexual activity are strictly gay. I think that quite often they experiment with all sorts of things through having too much money, time and opportunity on their hands and I wouldn't be surprised if this is also the case with him if indeed he has done what he has been accused of in that video.

Whoever it is (and as you rightly say, I could be wrong about it) is obviously gay and therefore once the blackmail offence is dealt with we're left with a gay royal.

You are assuming that the allegations made in the tape are true. If the blackmail is dealt with and the result is that it's allegations are pure fabrication, then there is no one "obviously gay" nor are we "left with a gay royal".

< ed > As far as "Lord Voldemort" is concerned I don't think that a lot of upper class people who get involved in homosexual activity are strictly gay. I think that quite often they experiment with all sorts of things through having too much money, time and opportunity on their hands and I wouldn't be surprised if this is also the case with him if indeed he has done what he has been accused of in that video.
Lionel Blair's married...

selrahc4 said:
You are assuming that the allegations made in the tape are true. If the blackmail is dealt with and the result is that it's allegations are pure fabrication, then there is no one "obviously gay" nor are we "left with a gay royal".

Well, a tape doesn't lie. But IF the allegations made in the tape are true then that would make me believe that the only offence committed is blackmail and that the aftermath is more about accepting the fact that the Royal concerned bats for both teams rather than any other offence.

Oh true but they're not talking in this video are they? It's all about actions.

Oh true but they're not talking in this video are they? It's all about actions.

The video is just the blackmailers making accusations. There may be no video of actual actions anywhere.

I think you've got that slightly wrong. The video is footage of a Royal and an aide engaging in a sexual act. The aide also takes cocaine with the help of a Harrods card. The blackmailing was done over the phone by these chaps who said they'll give the video to the newspapers if they didn't get money. Thats why they're on trial. However, when that trial is over and the name and the video is seen by the law, they'll decide whether to prosecute for drug offences.

That video is only alleged to exist by the blackmailers.

Last edited:
Indeed. But if it does, and it does show what they say it does, does it really matter aside from the drugs thing?

Could be but if it was a hoax why not go for the seniors?

Could be but if it was a hoax why not go for the seniors?

Good question. Perhaps they thought it would be less risky to attack a non-senior... I do hope it's a hoax for the people concerned.:D

I think you've got that slightly wrong. The video is footage of a Royal and an aide engaging in a sexual act. The aide also takes cocaine with the help of a Harrods card.
I think we need to clarify what is being claimed (my bolding)...

From BBC News 29 October:
According to the Sunday Times, the caller then claimed that he had a video tape showing the aide performing oral sex on someone, whom the alleged blackmailer indicated was the Royal Family member. During further calls, one of the men said that he had footage of an aide snorting cocaine, the paper adds.

From the Telegraph.co.uk 30 October:
Immediate doubt was thrown on the claims when the lawyer representing the 30-year-old suspect said: "I wish to state that there is no tape of a sex act in existence.
What there is in existence are tapes, both audio and visual, of an assistant to a member of the Royal Family boasting of how he received a sex act from this [member of the] royal family — whether that act took place or not I don't know."
[the tape] allegedly shows cocaine being cut up on a coffee table with a Harrods charge card before being sniffed by the aide.

So, based on what has been reported, there is no smoking gun but a video and audio tape of the aide "boasting", "making claims", and snorting a substance.

Last edited:
Then WHY would there have been even an attempt at blackmail of a member of the Royal Family? An AIDE is videotaped/recorded making an allegation and cutting up coke on a table top and that is it? If I was that Royal family member it would have taken me a month to stop laughing so hard at the absolute STUPIDITY of the moron making the attempt, that I would have been able to use the phone to call the Police.

Sorry, that doesn't even pass the stupid grin test.

Then WHY would there have been even an attempt at blackmail of a member of the Royal Family? An AIDE is videotaped/recorded making an allegation and cutting up coke on a table top and that is it? If I was that Royal family member it would have taken me a month to stop laughing so hard at the absolute STUPIDITY of the moron making the attempt, that I would have been able to use the phone to call the Police.

Sorry, that doesn't even pass the stupid grin test.

Yes, but I think it was the right decision to let such a criminal attempt at blackmail not go unpunished. Lord Voldemort could have told the guys to try it with a better story next time and p*** off, but he decided to do the right thing on informing the police, even though he must have known what these allegations could mean for him personally. So in my eyes he has earned respect for this!

I think you missed my point, there is obviously a great deal more to this and there is obviously a cover up underway. One does not blackmail someone over what an employee does or alleges unless the person is an idiot.

No Royal sex tape? How dissapointing...

I think you missed my point, there is obviously a great deal more to this and there is obviously a cover up underway. One does not blackmail someone over what an employee does or alleges unless the person is an idiot.

I disagree on both points.

First of all, I don't see any signs that there's a cover up underway at all. Lord Voldemort reported the crime to the police, the court is shielding the identity of the victims as they might any victim of a high-profile case, and the Palace has said that the Queen stands behind her relative. That's all on the public record, just as "Lord Voldemort's" identity will be (presumably) as the court proceedings continue.

Second, I think it's very clear why the alleged blackmailer did what he supposedly did -- he believed he could extort money from a member of the royal family in order to avoid even the *hint* of scandal that might come from having some aide make these claims.

If Lord Voldemort were concerned about suggestions that he might be gay, or that he has some connection to drugs, maybe he would have paid up.

But, since he didn't, we have to assume that he's secure enough in who he is -- whether he's gay or not -- that he's not going to be victimized. It must be a very tough decision to chose between submitting to blackmail or risking your reputation. I say, good for him!

Incidentally, we really ought to all be careful about throwing "guilt" around when talking about this. Not only is Lord Voldemort not on trial and not "guilty" of anything in this, but the alleged blackmailer is, I believe, also innocent until proven guilty.

kal

I have never suggested that anyone is guilty of anything, much less an alleged victim.

I do not know and could care even less if a member of the Royal Family has gay, straight or animal sex, if it does not involve me, it is none of my business and from everything that has been posted here that I have read, no one has even suggested that the alleged sexual activity was illegal.

As to the alleged drug use, I understand that it was someone other than a member of the Royal Family that supposedly indulged.

There is no "hint" of scandal or anything else IF it does not involve a member of the Royal Family, rather just a common aide.

If even the so called "hint" of scandal was to be avoided, not only would the alleged incident not have been reported, it would have been totally ignored like the Royal Family does everything else they rather not be involved with. I don't know so much about paying up, if the allegations are true, how long does it take to make several hundred copies?

Once again, we have British appearances and "what will people think" to deal with as the primary consideration?

Once again, we have British appearances and "what will people think" to deal with as the primary consideration?
Huh? The primary consideration is a blackmail attempt whch has been reported to the police and is now being dealt with by a court in criminal proceedings.

Warren

IF the unnamed Royal is not in the alleged video either involved in a sex act or doing drugs, can you please explain to me why said Royal would react at all, in anyway to a blackmail attempt because some servant is cutting cocaine on a table or is speaking an allegation regarding said Royal? I just do not understand that. Without some direct link to the Royal, how is the Royal involved in anyway and why would any blackmailer think for a moment that said Royal would be forthcoming with any kind of monetary payment?

... can you please explain to me why said Royal would react at all, in anyway to a blackmail attempt
Not being privvy to the thought processes of said semi-Royal, but I'd imagine he did what most people would do if faced with a blackmail threat... go to the police. That course of action is neither surprising nor suspicious.

Why would they have thought he would pay up? Maybe they had snorted too much coke, maybe they aren't very bright, maybe there is an element of truth in there somewhere. We can speculate all day, but until (or if) the proceedings are made public we won't know what was going on, and even then, the blackmailers will be on trial, not M'Lord.

In the past Royals have gone to some lengths not to become involved in police and other legal matters.

It is well established that the media will make something up, if need be, to sell their papers, much less have something concrete to work with. The Royal involved had to know that would attract international attention and being international whatever a British Judge/Court had to say would be meaningless as far as that Royal's identity was concerned.

With the above being the case, no, I don't agree that most people would go to the Police at all, especially if they were not involved at all.

IF however they were involved and their bright and happy face was in full view on a videotape, that would be a completely different matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom