Marina Mowatt and Family [daughter of Princess Alexandra] News

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found this pic of Marina and her children, Zenouska (left) and Christian (right)
4d6b7ep.jpg

(Isifa)

Where is Zenouska Mowatt now attending school?

The divorced 36-year-old mother of two, who is the daughter of Princess Alexandra and Sir Angus Ogilvy - who are alleged to be worth £20 million - was reported to be so short of money that she is planning to take her daughter, Zenouska, 12, out of a private school and move her to a comprehensive.
Zenouska finishes at £7,500 a year St George's Windsor Castle School - where pupils include Prince Andrew's daughter Princess Eugenie - this summer.
Is she still in a private school?

Cowarth, you have repeatedly asked this question in various threads. No-one seems to have any information on Ms Mowatt's schooling.

Zenouska is, like Princess Eugenie, doing A Levels, no?

Since she is the goddaughter of PoW, will he come in and help her out emotionally and financially?

See the link in post #24 above. That story is dated 2003, and there hasn't been much news (if any) on the personal circumstances of Marina Mowatt since then. The lack of news is probably an indication that things have settled down.

Boy she really does look significantly older than she actually is. Was she not quite attractive when she was young? Or am I remembering someone else? What's that saying about sins appearing as wrinkles?

She always had rather sharp features, which tend to make a person look older.

Not sure about sins appearing as wrinkles - wrinkles are more likely to be due to exposure to the sun than to sins. :sun:

Marina was never particularly attractive, You're probably thinking of Lady Helen Windsor.

Marina seems more bigger of the 40 years that she has, but her life has not been easy these 18 years. Also it is certain that she has been the only one guilty and but she commit many madnesses for love and she has paid it expensive. But time is a great healer and now this close to her mother and the rest of the royal family.

I am confused about comments here about Marina. What did she do that is bad? All I know about her is just a little bit, that she was a prestigious music student, at Guildhall School of Music, and she recorded many film & TV scores. I understand also she is goddaughter of Prince Charles and she came into a kind of "controversial" press by having Zenouska out of wedlock. But I think she married the father, Paul Mowatt, though they divorced within a few years, right? But besides having this unfortunate relationship, she has not had any other troubles, has she? I only wonder because, I don't understand how any of this is so bad. :huh:

Can anyone tell me how to pronounce her daughters name and where did such an unusual name come from?

I only wonder because, I don't understand how any of this is so bad.

Well, posing with a replica crown and publicly bashing her mother who's worked tirelessly for Britain without any praise wasn't exactly a wise move. Nobody minds an illegitimate child, indeed I hear in most parts of the UK it'll get you a three bedroom semi, but she seemed to go on a course of crapping on her own doorstep and when you consider that most Britons have it in for minor Royals, it wasn't a wise move.

Hi BeatrixFan, I definitely remember when all that happened. She said some not-so-nice things about her mother and it caused quite a furor at the time (well, at least in the Royalty magazines). I felt very bad for her parents.

Last edited:
Well, posing with a replica crown and publicly bashing her mother who's worked tirelessly for Britain without any praise wasn't exactly a wise move. Nobody minds an illegitimate child, indeed I hear in most parts of the UK it'll get you a three bedroom semi, but she seemed to go on a course of crapping on her own doorstep and when you consider that most Britons have it in for minor Royals, it wasn't a wise move.

Thanks, Sam, for answering my question. I didn't know about her saying bad things about her parents, nor about the replica crown. The only thing I remembered before which could be said to be negative was when she basically accused her dad of being a snob. I don't know if it was true that he was a royal snob, but obviously I was surprised she was say something so negative about her dad, because usually royals don't talk like that about each other. was she able to patch things up with him before he died?
I'm sorry to learn about her saying many things about both parents, but it looks like she and her mom have a good relationship now.

Can anyone tell me how to pronounce her daughters name and where did such an unusual name come from?

she only has one daughter.
I think the name comes from Russia.
and it is pronounced ZEN-oosh-kuh

Apparently Marina is recovered from her erstwhile financial trouble if Zenouska is enrolled in St George's Ascot. Zenouska also went to the same nursery school which Princess Eugenie attended. It's the Winkfield Montessori School.

ZENOUSKA May Mowatt
Born on 26 May 1990 (Roehampton, London)

CHRISTIAN Alexander Mowatt
Born on 4 June 1993

Father: PAUL Julian Mowatt *Born 28 November 1962
Mother: The Hon. MARINA Victoria Alexandra Ogilvy *31 July 1966
Maternal Grandparents: Princess Alexandra of Kent and The Hon. Sir Angus Ogilvy

Paul Mowatt (a photographer) and Marina Ogilvy married in February 1990. They divorced in 1997. The day the divorce was officially effected was 15 October 1997. SOURCE 1 ; SOURCE 2

In 2003, it was disclosed in the Telegraph that Marina Mowatt and her children were living in a rented cottage in Windsor Great Park. Apparently financial difficulties made it necessary for Marina to have a State pension to cover the rent cost. At the time it was suggested that Marina would have to transfer Zenouska for a local private school to a comprehensive school. SOURCE 3

The life and troubles of Marina Ogilvy Mowatt are well-covered in this three-page article on the Telegraph website. It was published in 2003 at the time of her financial problems being public domain, her father's death, etc.

Last edited:
I think Zenouska is a name she and Paul Mowatt made up. It's supposed to be some kind of reference to Zen Buddhism or something.

Didn't she claim that Princess Alexandra told her she either had to get married or have an abortion?

Last edited:
Anyone know where Marina Ogilvy is?

Where is Marina Ogilvy doing now and has anyone got the latest pics of her? I can't spell her married name and I know she is divorced. What do her kids look like now?

Her daughter Zenouska has a myspace, you can google her.

If I remeber correctly she is in America, possible LA. She got her degree in music composing for feature films and she went to America is get a lot. I think Christian went with her and Zenouska followed when she finished school. So I think the whole family is now out there.
So she James Ogilvy.

Marina is not in America. She still lives in England with her children. Her daughter just finished her A levels and she is supossed to start college this fall, unless like many other royals she decide to take a gap year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with DuchessCharlotte...

Marina and her children live in Windsor still.... they're definatley not in America!

can you post a photo of Marina's wedding please? I'm curious about her wedding dress!!

Back
Top Bottom