Lord and Lady Nicholas Windsor and Family News 1: July 2005-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My congratulations to Lord and Lady Nicholas!

The baby has been named Leopold Ernest Augustus Guelph (source: wikipedia)

:previous:

Leopold is a wonderful choice IMO. :flowers: Albert & Leopold are really classical royal names.

This is so exciting as I actually live in the city of Guelph in Ontario,I know there is a history(Royal and Catholic) to the name but I am always forgetting it.I will try to get some info.

Is his name Leopold?

I, too, saw the wikipedia entry that Lord and Lady Nicholas Windsor have called their younger son Leopold Ernest Augustus Guelph, but it cites no sources. Can anyone out there confirm? Pablo:whistling:

what do the Lord an Lady nicholas do for a living?

I don't know about Lady Nicolas, but Lord Nicholas apparently dedicates his life to charitable work. Perhaps he has a paying job in that field.

what do the Lord an Lady nicholas do for a living?

I don't know about Lady Nicolas, but Lord Nicholas apparently dedicates his life to charitable work. Perhaps he has a paying job in that field.
How do they upkeep their semi-aristocratic lifestyle?

Lord Nicholas Windsor is a patron of the Society of King Charles the Martyr, an Anglican devotional society dedicated to Saint Charles I of England. Thats all the information i could find.

I don't think her parents are that rich to be honest, and i don't think they really have much of a semi-aristocratic life. I have only seen them once in possible 3 years. :)

I have been having an argument with other editors of Wikipedia. Since Nicholas Windsor married in the Vatican, and has pledged to raise his children Catholic, I believe that they are excluded from the Line of Succession from birth. His second son, Leopold Windsor, is only 5 weeks old and no mention of him was put in the article on the line of succession in the official website. Other people believe that he must be baptized Catholic first. I thought most Catholic babies were baptized within a few weeks anyway. I understand from this blog that there was no official announcement of the baptism of his older brother.

:previous:

I don't know how it is in other countries, but I was 5 months old when I was baptised catholic. So its possible that it will happen in a few more weeks.

Lord and Lady Nicholas Windsor attended the 2010 Garter ceremony as well,
I hadn't noticed that so far!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited by a moderator:
Both Albert and Leopold Windsor are listed in the official line of succession on the British Monarchy web site. Surprisingly, both are given the title Hon., which I didn't think they were entitled to.

Both Albert and Leopold Windsor are listed in the official line of succession on the British Monarchy web site. Surprisingly, both are given the title Hon., which I didn't think they were entitled to.

They are not confirmed Catholics, so they are in line for succesion.
They are grandsons are of a duke and they are still in line for the dukedom of Kent as well.

Were there any pix of Leopold in the Press ? I have already seen Albert but not Leopold.... I like very much that family !

Based on the little I know about British titles, I didn't think sons of the younger son of a Duke would be entitled to the courtesy title Honorable. They should be just Masters Albert and Leopold. It made me wonder if the Queen might have given Lord Nicholas some title of his own that hadn't been announced. I figured that they would be in the line of succession until they actually made the decision to be Catholic themselves.

I don't think he would be given any additional titles now that he is not in line for the throne.

Leopold was baptised at Vatican City on May 29, 2010.

What cute kids; but then so was Nicholas when he was a nipper

Since Lady Nicholas was born a princess in her own right, did she retain the title after her marriage to Lord Nicholas or did she relinquish it?

Will their children be Lords and Ladies?

She is not a princess in her own right...She was born Paola Doimi de DeLupis...Her father has added a few names along the way including Frankopan.When he adopted the title prince he was expelled from Croatian Noble association...she is from a very old aristocratic family of Croatia but her father invented those titles...

Here is a link to the genealogy of this family:
LUPPIS LUPIS DI DALMAZIA

Here is also another link with informations about de Lupis family:

La Casata dei Lupi - I Rami Vitali

Whoa...I had no idea..thanks for the info.

Lovely pictures, the boys are really adorable!

Since Lady Nicholas was born a princess in her own right, did she retain the title after her marriage to Lord Nicholas or did she relinquish it?

Will their children be Lords and Ladies?

She was born a Countess then her family adopted the titles Prince and Princess.
Her children will have no titles, but will be The Honourable more than likely.

What lovely pictures. The Duke looks frail though...I hope his heath is okay. I am surprised not to see picture of the Duchess. I wouldn't think she would miss her grandson's baptism.

She was born a Countess then her family adopted the titles Prince and Princess.
Her children will have no titles, but will be The Honourable more than likely.

No,she was born untitled since her family,although very old,didn't have any official title...

When her father invented all those titles one of the members of the Croatian Noble society said:"Isn't it being a Doimi di DeLupis just enough?"That means that this family is very old and respected in this area...

Leopold Windsor's christening

I was VERY surprised by the picture with the Duke of Kent--after all, while he is the grandfather he is also a Free Mason and an Anglican. It's the Duchess of Kent who is Catholic. I wonder if she just didn't want to be photographed? Or if she is ill? She is slightly older than the Duke and they are believed to be living mostly separate lives, but Lord Nicholas was her baby. I wonder what the story is on the Duchess.........you rarely see or hear of her anymore.

The Duchess of Kent has lead a very private life for years and has devoted herself to teaching music. She has given up her HRH and prefers to be called Katherine and gave up her Royal duties. She has been pictured occasionally at Royal Family events such as the Trooping of the Color or private occasions every once in a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom