Lord and Lady Nicholas Windsor and Family News 1: July 2005-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lord nichlas married
According to this week's Hello magazine, the civil marriage took place in London last Thursday with sister, Lady Helen Taylor, as a witness.
the magazine don't have pictures of the event.

There is a photo of the couple on Wikipedia, under Paola Doimi de Frankopan's new title, Lady Nicholas Windsor. Two more pictures of the couple are posted on the Glittering Events Message Board.

It seems they married in a civil ceremony on 19 October 2006 in a London Registry office and they will marry in a religious ceremony this weekend at the Church of Santo Stefano degli Abissini at the Vatican.

A new thread for wedding photos has been created here and several other articles about the couple are posted at The Times The Royalist and Science Daily

Last edited:
Science Daily? That's a weird paper to be talking about a royal wedding!

Anyway, the thread about the wedding is here.

Lor Nicholas was married recently in Rome,

angela said:
It's interesting to note that the Earl of St. Andrews had to go to Scotland to marry because it was an accepted fact that Royals couldn't legally marry in a register office in England hence the lingering doubt in many quarters over the legality of Charles and Camilla's marraige

I'm pretty sure he got married in Scotland because his wife was divorced. The same reason Princess Ann got married (for the second time) in Scotland. At the time, divorced persons couldn't be married in the Church of England.

yvr girl said:
I'm pretty sure he got married in Scotland...
Yes, the Earl of St Andrews was married at Leith, near Edinburgh.

The Earl of St. Andrews married her in a register office in Scotland because until Charles married Camilla it was understood that the law stopped members of the Royal Family marrying in a register office in England. I remember seeing a clip of his wedding on the regional Scottish news at the time and that was the reason given. I also remember it being reported that the small reception afterwards was at Holyrood Palace where the Kent clan were staying whilst in Edinburgh. Does anyone have a photo of the wedding? The only picture I ever saw was in the book, My Young Friends, which was printed round 1990 and was all about the Queen's extended family. The Countess of St Andrews wore a blue velvet suit, the Duchess of Kent and Lady Helen wore red and Princesses Michael and Alexandra were in dark colours. No other members of the Royal Family were present.

Last edited:
Hmm. I'm inclined to wait till the Palace confirm it. The Royalist isn't exactly the most reliable of sources.

BeatrixFan said:
Hmm. I'm inclined to wait till the Palace confirm it. The Royalist isn't exactly the most reliable of sources.

It was also in the Daily Mail yesterday. :flowers:

Pics 22.3.2007

Lord Nicholas Windsor and his newly pregnant wife Lady Paola as guests of honour at the Bada Antiques and Fine art fair Charuty gala in aid of Marie Curie cancer care. London. 22/03/2007

Pic 1
Pic 2

Does anyone know if and when Lord Nicholas and Paola are having the London celebration for their wedding? There was talk of a ball or something like that in the new year to be attended by those who didn't go to Italy.
Maybe it has already happened with no media coverage?

I think it'd have already been taken place, helenw. As far as i knew from sources last year, if was not wrong, i think it took place St James's Palace, but maybe it was a private one so the media had no access to.

I think her correct title would be Lady Nicholas Windsor or Lady Windsor.

Lady Windsor as the wife of a Lord.

Nicholas should barely have the name Windsor, let alone be important enough that his wife automatically be styled with his name.

If I remember correctly, even if their children were raised Church of England, they cannot bear titles (though they would be in the line of succession).
But since Nicholas took himself out with his Catholic conversion, is married to a Catholic and they clearly intend to raise their children Catholic, those children will not be in the Line of Succession and will not 'need' titles.

Just as any children of the Protestant Lord Frederick Windsor won't have titles, neither will any children of the Catholic Lord Nicholas Windsor.
They'll be Windsors by birth, but of the common variety, and being in or out of the Line of Succession has no bearing on that status.
Although of course, it would be much nicer to appear in the List. :)

I get visions of "King Ralph" and "What a Girl Wants" where people fight over how important they are by how many people have to die for them to become King/Queen.

The security considerations for a wedding attended by the queen would have to be horrendous. Maybe it's more than the Gloucesters, or Lord Nicholas, wanted to add to the general wedding craziness.

iowabelle said:
The security considerations for a wedding attended by the queen would have to be horrendous. Maybe it's more than the Gloucesters, or Lord Nicholas, wanted to add to the general wedding craziness.

Too bad she couldn't sneak into the church under a desguise dressed as Helen Mirren.:lol:

I guess the titles of Lord and Lady are not hereditary? I always thought if both parents had a title and if they had a child or children that the child would recieve a title even if they are in the line of succession or not. Congratulations to the happy couple on their marriage and their future arrival of their child I can't wait to hear about the gender of the baby and also the baby's name too.

As a male line great-grandson of George V who holds no peerages, Lord Nicholas Windsor is styled as the child of a duke under the 1917 Letters Patent. This is simply a courtesy title without rank or precedence.

However, his children are simply Mister or Miss Windsor because their father has no titles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics 19.6.2007

Lord and Lady Nicholas Windsor attended the opening of an exhibition of portraits by Barbara Kaczmarowska Hamilton in Warsaw Poland 06/19/2007

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

The Countess of Wessex (must) give a birth Louise in NHS hosital too.

Isn't Lady Windsor's due date coming up shortly??? Does anyone know?

When the pregnancy was announced, I thought the announcement said August/September. Well, August is over, and we're halfway through September...surely we can except the baby any day now.

I am intrigued because a search of the Almanac de Gotha will show the Frankopan de Duomi's are Holy Roman Princes as much as the Leichensteins. Why is then that she is not accorded the title of Princess Paola of Kent, as would be the norm, and not the usually used Lady Nicholas Windsor? Did they sign something at the same time as his relinquishing his right to the throne on marriage? Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom